April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Clothes - Forever 21

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:17:00 AM More reviews by miszjackie

alright so i know that the quality of their clothes isn't great but for some of their prices, its worth it? i dont even think thats the word im looking for. you get what you pay for, just say that. im not a fan of their jeans thats for sure. i like to spend more for jeans because you can tell when jeans are bad quality. American eagle jeans are my favorite. i usually just get tops, skirts and casual dresses. maybe some accessories but they tend to iodize fast and turn that ugly orange color. i refuse to spend no more than $20 for an article of clothing there because anything over that is NOT worth it usually. I am a fan of forever21, i love the store. i just find myself looking at the material of the clothing and try to stick with the most cotton possible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought a whole bunch of Forever21 stuff from the online store, plus some Heritage21 too. I really picked over the site, looking at the excellent closeup pics, the fabric content and the measurements, so I got some really good bargins in the sale items and quality stuff in the full priced ones.

The online ordering process is really difficult for international though! I wanted to ship to New Zealand. They emailed me a cryptic message saying my order was on hold for credit card security reasons. I emailed back asking for details and 4 or 5 days later they eventually emailed back a contact number to phone but when I phoned it wasn't answered for days. When I got hold of the contact person it sounded like someone working from home, because of the background noise and unprofessional manner. It was explained that the phone call was just a standard check to phone international orders before they were shipped out to ask a bunch of ID questions make sure its a real order and not a credit card scam (sounds weird to me). Anyway, they didn't ship my order for another week after that, so by the time they packed my order quite a few of the sales stuff had sold out so those pieces sadly didn't arrive.

The sizing was really great, except for some of the cami tops I thought were scandalously low cut and skimpy if they're sold as misses sizes! We call that kind of skimpy clothing "hoochy" here but a bit of strategic layering and all was good. I was a size 32C at the time I ordered and though bit more coverage in the sides of the cup would be better, even though I'm actually a pear shape and quite slim on top. Anyway, loved all my stuff, even the lower quality items because they had more detailing & were the latest fashion that I would have had to wait a whole year to filter though to here and paid twice as much. We have more conservative styles here, lots of boring black, more black, grey and ugly dark prints. Its a national obsession with "dark" and "funky". I wouldn't bother ordering again from F21 again though, only because the online international ordering process was tedious. Otherwise I'd do it again - after all, your end of season sale is timed perfectly for the beginning of the same season here in the Southern Hemisphere!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Kusuriurii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Their clothes are affordable and cute but there have been a few pieces that I have bought that did fall apart quite easily :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in NYC & I love shopping @ Forever 21 as well as H&M....there are tons of these clothing chain locations where I live.

Unfortunately I'm wayyyyyyyyyy..yyyy...yy older than 21 (life flies!) but I still dress the fairly youthful age I feel (I'm small-boned) & can typically find plenty of items @ Forever 21 that suit my style & can mix&match like crazy yet still look well pulled together & grown-up yet fun & flirty, whatever the mood may be, professional, casual, sensual,dressy, mod, funky, shabby chic, rock n' roll, & of course, trendy (trendy's not my thing, but I do love when classics become the current 'trend').

Basically for me it's all about tops, jackets, sometimes skirts (if they're long enough; I don't like skirts above my knee), but mostly it's the incredible variety of accessories - I Forever 21 JEWELRY, scarves, bags, belts, intimates, & fun nailpolishes.

I shop both in-store & online (the website is great & very user-friendly, I love the Wishlist layout) & making returns is easy - but Forever 21 doesn't give you your money back, only merchandise credit that never expires, which is fine w/me since I ALWAYS find more things I want. It was cute the 1st time I got merchandise credit I asked how long could it last & the pleasant cashier said, "Forever" (in keeping w/the store name). I'm glad there's no expiration period. Their inventory turnover rate is impossible to keep up with & prices are incredibly affordable. Just make sure to give the garment or item a careful check for quality workmanship, as there can be errors or defects (or damage from careless customers who make a mess) at times. Make sure what you're buying is in pristine condition & you'll love the great deal you're getting on inexpensive fashion & beauty.

UPDT 11/28/2013 -
I'm over 40 now & still love shopping F21. The stores have recently been remodeled to look more modern (& hopefully better organized, though I liked it the old way as well) w/brighter lighting, making the store look more high-end than it really is. I like the upgrade (though I didn't like at first getting familiar w/the new layout - hate it when drugstores & supermarkets do that too...though it IS for the better, usually). I don't shop H&M so much anymore - it's gotten more expensive w/the "lure" of 'designer' lines (Madonna, Beyonce, etc) & their latest styles either don't suit my taste, work w/my style or the items I DO like cost more than I'm willing to pay for them (however I LOVE their trench coats). The jewelry @ F21 has gotten even better (same affordable prices) & by now I've inadvertently amassed probably more jewelry than I have years left to live to wear them. Loving the yellow gold trend lately (I HATED yellow gold for yrs), F21 has the most beautiful buttery yellow goldtone pieces that are backup-worthy (I buy doubles of the ones I love & wear a lot). It's hard to hold back from buying too much F21 jewelry, the prices are so cheap! I'm also loving the sweater selections lately & drooling over the dressy fashion items that are embellished & cost more. I'm still wearing my old F21 cropped & swing jackets &a continue to get compliments on them (neutral leopard print & gorgeous jacquard/brocade), including a cute little fur one (bought in 2010) which I now see being copied by other stores/labels/companies all over the place this year. Great ankle pants too (very "in" right now) when they fit right - purple brocade, B&W micro-checker & B&W houndstooth - love these classics! Not all pants fit great so you gotta try them on or be prepared to return them if ordered online, it's a 50/50 chance of bad vs. good fit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I was looking for reviews on the makeup, but I guess you can review clothes?

Most things here are cheap, but there are some things that are expensive. :/ They also have very trendy stuff, but you'll be able to find low key pieces as well. You can shop here for any occasion: everyday wear, workplace, party/clubbing, etc.
As for the quality.. well, I mostly shop at Forever for basics & those have lasted. Their long sleeves, cami's, tank tops, etc, all cheap & has lasted through numerous wearing & washes. I also love their jewelry. Most of it is too flashy for my liking, but there's a huge selection & so far the jewelry has held up. I've also bought two pairs of jeans (the cheaper ones) & those have lasted as well. They have some more expensive ones, that feel like quality you'd find elsewhere. Honestly, I think its better quality than A&F, HCO, Aero, etc. Those have all shrank on me as well (though I can still wear them, the shrinking being nothing drastic. Hey, its cotton), and the Forever stuff has stayed /pretty/ true to size.
As for the fitting, it is a junior store, so a small isn't going to be a small in misses, but I think it's pretty true to size. Some of it is a little smaller, like the basics (except the cami's without strap adjustments. I have to go smaller because of that), but shirts/dresses & jeans, I need my normal size.

Anyway, I will continue shopping at Forever. Just stay in the Sale racks like I do & you shouldn't be too disappointed :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Saturngrl76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this store. I still find cute tops here and there but overall feel their quality got worse over the years. I would not buy pants there again as I used to bc the quality does suck; I would rather spend a little more and have something last me. But t-shirts to work out in, t-shirts for the summer, cute accessories, a pair of bright earrings or a cute scarf I will throw away after a season -definitely. No longer a fan of Forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by lunabachellier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how chic everything looks, and how cheap everything is.
That being said, the quality's not the best, and neither is the investment potential (buying something classic- like a LBD- is what I call 'investment potential'). Also, the fit of everything is a little bit wonky, but I can live with it.
Overall, I really like this store, and how everything looks, and the prices, I just wish the quality from there was better.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by GUMBYY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what grl can resist goin into f21?! haha good clothes for cheaaap prices yay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Forever 21 has it's pros and cons. It's pros are that it's cheap, fashionable, and has a huge selection. The cons are that most of the clothes are cheap, sizing is too small, and it's always a madhouse in there. I've bought pieces from F21 that have lasted numerous washings and some pieces that fall apart (literally) in the dressing room. You just have to be super picky about what you buy. Also, the sizing is too small. I'm a size 8 with a 36C chest. On bottom, a large normally fits but on top, larges are often too small. I understand that it's junior sizing, but I can't be the only average size woman with breasts that shops there. Other than that, F21 is great for cheap fashion trends. No matter what your age or style, if you hunt enough, you'll find something for your wardrobe.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by SuperFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

a lot of things that look nice, but awful quality.
if something doesn't rip the first time you wear it, it'll shrink four sizes when you wash it.

most of the time things are really unorganised.

seeing as how you can only wear something once (more if you're lucky but that's like a one in ten chance) before it's trash, it's not really all that "cheap".

forever 21 is just a mess, in conclusion.

if you're looking for cheap clothes, you'd be better off at target.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No