October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by shoppingjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a sample from Sephora and I wanted to like it since it has SPF30. However, it doesn't cover redness or uneveness so I still need to use foundation. You're better off sticking to a good sunscreen.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Laurajh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What a waste. According to the product spiel this should be great~ spf, skincare, foundation, right? The product was so thick it was impossible to blend. I tried it over thick moisturizer, primer etc. nothing worked. I felt like I was working in a lab, trying to concoct all of these different formulations! The color still stayed very orange, too. I stopped to think~ why I was going to all this trouble to make 1oz for $50 product work? For that amount, I shouldn't have to do anything except apply. It also felt extremely chalky, itchy and all around uncomfortable.

I hardly ever return used makeup, but this one had to go. Of course I got the "stink eye", but I couldn't keep this useless product and in good conscious, I couldn't offer this up for swap.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by nic_b

I am always interested in a good foundation with SPF, so I gave this a whirl. I think this foundation can be summed up in one word: ICK.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it has a strong, fishy odor, even when it's brand-spanking new, and the color is orangey. I used a little bit of powder over it, which helped to conquer both the smell (which doesn't last long, anyway) and to temper the orange tone. However, what I hated the most was the texture. Even on a well-moisturized face, this isn't very blendable. It doesn't look chunky, but it feels that way; it simply doesn't want to spread and absorb. I won't purchase this one again. In fact, I'm getting rid of what I have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Davisra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. My favorite foundation (Diorskin Pure Light) was discontinued last year & I've been searching for something to give sheer, dewey coverage. This one looked like it might work. Wrong. Like many of your other reviewers, I could not get over the strong "empty tuna can" smell of this product. It looked great on, but after a few minutes I had to wash it off - the smell was just too much for me. I have 2 new kittens at home & seriously worried they'd pounce on my face the instant I got downstairs! I use other Perricone products & while they don't smell very good either, at least the tuna scent dissipates after a few minutes. O well, my search continues.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by studybreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**Updated to take off 1 lippie because it became too difficult to work with, blending wise.**

Wow, this stuff is pricey ($50 USD for 1 ounce) but so worth it. My skin is sensitive, pimple-prone and is a bit uneven in tone. This foundation addresses so many of the issues I've been dealing with (well, not pimples per se). First and foremost, it evens out my skin undertones and now my complexion looks 100% better. It makes my pores appear smaller as well. It's a strange product in that it only comes in one shade. I still need to use a bit of Dermablend concealer, but I've done that for all of my other foundations. Use it with a light moisturizer underneath; a heavier one will make a whitish cast more prominent. I have to warm up my cheeks afterward with a touch of blush, but that's pretty much it. It has a non-chemical SPF 30 to boot. I'll update if it turns on me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to have the opportunity to try this product when a generous sample was included in my Perricone order. The write up makes is sound PERFECT!! However, it is a bad color--very orange (no matter HOW thinly you apply it & blend it) [am NC25-30], and my oily skin starting shining right away after application. It also contains fragrance, not good for those of us with allergies. Am sticking with my Oil Of Olay Spf 15--unscented, and my new HG foundation: Skin Per-fekt. A huge disappointment!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My NC37 coloring can just barely get away with this-- if I use only one pump and dust on a little bronzer. It's very pretty and dewy, but just a tad too light. It could be the zinc oxide that gives my skin a faint whitish cast. I'm a GGG/MMM; unlike other posters I find it to be more pink than orange. This might be better for me in the depths of winter when I'm paler. I the meantime, it works great as a non-chemical sunscreen under other makeup. But, who wants to pay $50 for a sunscreen?

UnIess I get great results from the actives in this I probably won't repurchase.

PS: I don't detect the fishy smell that others have mentioned.

Update- wanted to love this-- I like the idea of applying a natural looking foundation and 30 spf in one step. BUT... I'm downgrading this to just two lippies, This makes me look like a sick disco ball. The color is just plain weird and the formula has too much shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by siennagirl12001

Went to Selfridges to see if I could get a sample but they didn't have one so I tried it on my hand-it looked orange. Now I know your hand is not the best place to try foundation but as I was already wearing foundation and on my way to a meeting it was what I had to do. The saleswoman for the product saw me playing and came over to help me .She was extremely orange so I asked her if she was wearing the foundation. She was. Enough said.
If you are looking for no foundation foundation go try By Terry teint Opulent

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sheal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was really excited to try this with hopes of streamlining my makeup. Sadly, this turned me orange. Yes, I am extremely fair, but I had high hopes this might work, since it claimed to work on all skin tones. It looked dreadful, very much like "glowtion" from back in the old days. If you aren't super fair, this might be a good product to check out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by shannoniomalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I'm loving it -- I'm a bit of a foundation junkie, and have a bunch of stuff to use up, but thought I'd try it anyway (despite a bit of a hefty $$$). Glad I did -- My mom commented on how good my skin looked right away!