April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Foundations - Perricone - No Foundation Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to have the opportunity to try this product when a generous sample was included in my Perricone order. The write up makes is sound PERFECT!! However, it is a bad color--very orange (no matter HOW thinly you apply it & blend it) [am NC25-30], and my oily skin starting shining right away after application. It also contains fragrance, not good for those of us with allergies. Am sticking with my Oil Of Olay Spf 15--unscented, and my new HG foundation: Skin Per-fekt. A huge disappointment!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My NC37 coloring can just barely get away with this-- if I use only one pump and dust on a little bronzer. It's very pretty and dewy, but just a tad too light. It could be the zinc oxide that gives my skin a faint whitish cast. I'm a GGG/MMM; unlike other posters I find it to be more pink than orange. This might be better for me in the depths of winter when I'm paler. I the meantime, it works great as a non-chemical sunscreen under other makeup. But, who wants to pay $50 for a sunscreen?

UnIess I get great results from the actives in this I probably won't repurchase.

PS: I don't detect the fishy smell that others have mentioned.

Update- wanted to love this-- I like the idea of applying a natural looking foundation and 30 spf in one step. BUT... I'm downgrading this to just two lippies, This makes me look like a sick disco ball. The color is just plain weird and the formula has too much shimmer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by siennagirl12001

Went to Selfridges to see if I could get a sample but they didn't have one so I tried it on my hand-it looked orange. Now I know your hand is not the best place to try foundation but as I was already wearing foundation and on my way to a meeting it was what I had to do. The saleswoman for the product saw me playing and came over to help me .She was extremely orange so I asked her if she was wearing the foundation. She was. Enough said.
If you are looking for no foundation foundation go try By Terry teint Opulent

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by sheal77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was really excited to try this with hopes of streamlining my makeup. Sadly, this turned me orange. Yes, I am extremely fair, but I had high hopes this might work, since it claimed to work on all skin tones. It looked dreadful, very much like "glowtion" from back in the old days. If you aren't super fair, this might be a good product to check out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by shannoniomalley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I'm loving it -- I'm a bit of a foundation junkie, and have a bunch of stuff to use up, but thought I'd try it anyway (despite a bit of a hefty $$$). Glad I did -- My mom commented on how good my skin looked right away!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by hipmamma

I've been using this for two weeks now and I really like it,

Pros:
-SPF 30
-ease of use (pump works well, dispenses right amount)
-convenient
-blends easily

Cons:
-expensive

I'm a NC 42 and this matches well. I love that in one step I can apply my sunscreen and foundation. It has a dewy finish. While it has minimal coverage, it definitely evens out my skin tone. This gives me a "natural but better look" for everyday. I use a foundation with more coverage for special events.

I have noticed an improvement in overall tone and appearance of my skin since I've been using it as well. So at this point, even though it's very expensive I would repurchase.

EDIT: I've gone back to Aromaleigh Voile; better coverage, better for my skin, less expensive

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

Saw the ad for this and wondered whether it might give me a more natural look. I went into Sephora, which is currently the exclusive seller of the product, and obtained a sample. I used it the next morning and couldn't believe my reflection in the mirror. I looked like I was going on an audition for Oompah Loompahs. The product comes in one color which makes no sense. The product gave my fair skin an unnatural orange cast. I waited to see if it might absorb better over time but no such luck. Luckily, I didn't have the awful smell that other reviewers have complained of but this, certainly, was not a product that gave me a more natural look. The best that can be said of the product is that is has an spf of 30. Otherwise, it didn't give me clearer skin or minimize my pores. I quickly wiped it off and applied new moisturizer and foundation.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got a deluxe sample of this No Foundation Foundation SPF 30 this weekend at Sephora after reading about it in Lucky Magazine. I had no expectations, but I'm always interested in trying new things, so i used it this morning for the first time. on a freshly washed face, after my oil-free moisturizer, I applied this to my face, it is a sheer wash of color- reminds me of a tinted moisturizer, the consistency is pretty thin, but easy to blend into my face. no streaking, almost impossible to detect, however it did even my skintone and just made my face look better. Not tight and drying, and not greasy and slick, it is the perfect 'non foundation' for hot summer days, and I am considering picking up a full sized bottle of this... however $50 is STEEP! I think this only comes in one 'tint' it worked fine for me, i'm a medium complexion. Love the SPF 30.