Boots Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Boots  Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%; Titanium Dioxide 1.6% ; Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water, Eau); Cyclopentasiloxane; Butylene Glycol; Cyclohexasiloxane; Ethythexyl Stearate; Dimethicone; Mica; Phenyl Trimethicone; Disteardimonium Hectorite; Dimethicone Copolyol; Magnesium Sulfate; Glycerin; Phenoxyethanol; Cetyl Polyethylene Glycol/Polypropylene Glycol; 10/1 Dimethicone; Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline; Hexyl Laurate; Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate; Propylene Carbonate; Aluminum Hydroxide; Stearic Acid; Triethoxycaprylylsilane; Methylparaben; Isopropyl Palmitate; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Lupinus Albus Seed Extract; Lecithin;Tetrasodium EDTA; Carbomer; Propylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Polysorbate 20; Butylated Hydroxytoluene; Palmitoyl Oligopeptide; Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3; [ /- (May Contain/Peut Contenir) Titanium Dioxide; Iron Oxides]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love this foundation. excellent coverage, stays put, and makes my skin look all glowy and flawless. cheap too, compared to other foundations of the same quality. it seems like alot of reviews on here that are less than stellar are because of color matching. most foundations are too rosy for me and this matches my skin tone perfectly.

on 4/5/2011 8:18:00 PM

Great product lasts all day!

on 4/2/2011 4:31:00 PM

This is the best foundation I have ever used, and I have used Dior and Chanel. Boots is a fraction of the price and it is made in France! It is exactly like Chanel's liquid makeup! I hope they never discontinue it. It goes on smooth and it lasts, covers great - I can't say enough good things about it!

on 3/30/2011 6:44:00 PM

I had high hopes based on the really great reviews for this foundation, and I found it really easily at my Target. But...after trying THREE shades (New Ivory - just too light and paled me out, Nude,Vanilla - insanely too yellow for me!) and then deciding upon mixing Vanilla and New Ivory (close match to my shade) I've just decided the shades are all too yellow. In addition, the coverage is lacking and, even though the first few minutes my foundation looks nice, a few hours later dry patches creep through (and my skin is normal!) and when I reapply for touch ups, it looks so cakey. This foundation just did not perform well for me, Sally Hansen Natural by Carmindy is still my HG!!

I love this foundation. I have a really yellow undertone and tried this on a whim because it was on sale at my local SDM for $10.99 (50% off). I first got the shade Blonde, which I later found out from, are for cool tones instead of warm but regardless, it matched my skin tone perfectly. Made me look flawless and I love how it is so blendable and light weight on the skin. I usually forget that I'm wearing foundation until someone compliments my skin which I get a lot. It's fool proof even for make up beginners and can be applied with any tools of your choice (brush, fingers, sponge). I apply this with a damp sponge. I finished 1oz. bottle in 3 months because it was so comfortable to wear and longlasting when combined with a primer. When I ran out of this product, I went to my local SDM to buy another only to find that it is being discontinued. So I went to the sale rack and found 2 foundation shades but no Blonde, so I decided to get the lighter Porcelain and the darker Truffle shade for $5 each bottle (What a is usually $25+). I mix them together and almost always get a good skin match. Now I ran out of the Porcelain and I can't use Truffle bec. its too dark. I'm so bummed out because none of the SDM in my area carries them anymore. I have to wait until I can go to the US to get another bottle at Target.For now I have to make do with what is available. I will definitely miss this foundation very much.

on 3/23/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in New Ivory. I am normally very off on my color selection due to the horrible lighting within the stores. But this matched my pale olive skin to a T. I can't believe that there is a cheaper foundation out there that matches my skin color to a T! Most are usually pink or orange on me and, not obvious to others, it's annoyingly obvious to me. Also most foundations cake on me. While this does show signs of caking at the end of the day, I think I can handle it since this lasts all day on my face. I did try using this product with a face primer at first and that's a big mistake. It caked horribly. I now use it without primer and get a good flawless finish. I think everyone should at least try this foundation out. It has good enough coverage to cover my redness on my cheeks and the orange rind pores there that tend to show through some foundations. If I could get this to not cake at the end of the day this product would be HG status for me!

Edit: This eventually went into my drawer and then got thrown away. It caked just so badly towards the end of the day that I couldn't deal with it. If it didn't cake I'd love this foundation to death.

on 3/14/2011 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation for dry skin. I chose what I thought was the right color (actually one color too dark for me) and tried it. It didn't cake up on me and didn't accentuate my dryness like other foundations do. It also has really good wear for me. My only complaint was that when I went to get the right color (vanilla) the formula wasn't the same. Maybe it was a bad batch or Target had it sitting on their shelf for too long. But, all in all, a good product!

on 3/11/2011 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When will I learn - that when it comes to foundations, my skin can no longer go for the cheap ones - or drugstore, I guess. I was so extremely happy to get this in the mail. I purchased it in "blonde" some weeks ago, but I instantly swa it was the wrong color, and swapped it away. Now - I`ve got New Ivory, which is perfect in color (Im Mac NC 15-20, for ref.).

BUT, this foundation popped into all my pores (which are really small) and made them seem bigger. I also think my lines are showing more, my skin looks drier and absolutely not glowing. It covers well, glides on well, and yes, I do like the bottle - but I would not purchase again. This made me look really made up, and I hate that. The more natural, the better. Im really, really picky about that and I dont seem to find many foundations that does the work. So far, the closest must be Futurist by EL, but if you have any suggestions for me, please, please mail me!! :)

No, I dont understand the hype. It must have been a makeup-youtuber or a blogger who recommended this ;) hehe - and wow, people run to the said, when will I learn. No more drugstore from now on...

2 lippies for right color, ok to smooth on and blend and cheap..
This is on for a swap.

on 3/5/2011 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful texture, gorgeous bottle. Very smooth. BUT...was just TOO yellow and I have yellow undertones. I wanted to love it so bad. Also, did not really cover my acne scars on my chin, even after layering. If you have A LOT of yellow, and no scars, this would be your HG

on 3/1/2011 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This foundation made my combination skin feel very oily after a couple hours of wear. I felt like my makeup was sliding off my face even with powder on. This is the first time I have experienced this with a foundation.

I found the lightest color they offer to be smudge too dark for me, but still wearable.

The best thing about it is it has some of the best packaging I have ever seen on a foundation.