December 19, 2014 | 1518 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by denise8593

I decided to give this a try because the price was right and it was that two layer style type of eye makeup remover. I have found that the two layer types of remover work the best and this one definitely delivered. I have tried lumene which is great, neutrogena which is great, bifacil which is great but Ive realized all of them are like the same thing with that two layer liquid action going on. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an eye makeup remover that removes all traces of makeup really quickly....and because the price is right I can then spend more money in Sephora on makeup :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Susan425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this eye makeup remover. I've gradually switched to less expensive versions of basically the same eye makeup remover. Started with Lancome Bifacil, then Clinique, Mary Kay, Neutrogena, finally trying the equate brand. Works well for a fraction of the price of others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I use waterproof mascara most of the time. This is better than the Target brand (boo) but not as good as Neutrogena. It removes waterproof eye liner easily but takes more work and more product on wp mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The packaging of this product indicates that it's the generic version of Neutrogenia's Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. I used to use the Neutrogenia remover, but decided to give this one a try since it was cheaper (especially when you consider that the Equate comes in a larger bottle!). I find that it works just the same -- it does a good job of getting eye makeup off, including waterproof eyeliners and UDPP. It does leave a slight film, but since I always wash my face right after removing my eye makeup that doesn't bother me. It does not bother my sensitive eyes unless for some reason I accidentally get it IN my eye!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why I used to waste my money on expensive makeup removers. This is ridiculously cheap, and I like it so much more than makeup removers that cost five times as much as this. It removes all traces of makeup from my eyes and face, even difficult waterproof mascaras and eyeliners, and doesn't leave your face soaked with oil. I love this stuff, and will repurchase as soon as I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

The one I bought is supposed to be a dupe for L'Oreal eye makeup remover. Never having used the L'Oreal before, I can't attest to whether it's a good imitation or not. The bottle is adorable (again sucker for cute packaging)
You really have to scrub to get the makeup off (and I don't use waterproof) so I lost a couple of lashes. Also it stung the crap out of my eyes, however for just a second. It did get everything off and didn't leave a film behind (like how the Neutrogena oil free still leaves a weird film)
I liked that it has absolutely no scent, not even chemicals.
I might try using a wash cloth with the product instead of toilet paper to see if it's a little gentler then.
It worked and I'm happy with it, but I'm only giving it 2 lippies because it stung my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I've used olive oil for the longest time to remove my eye makeup. After a while, I just got sick of how difficult it was to remove the oil residue. So, I tried Noxema and baby oil and nothing worked that well and they also burned my eyes. So, I picked this up. At first I was skeptical about it being oil free because it comes in two layers that looks oily. I was so excited to go home and try it out. And I am so in love with it! It's just as good as any other makeup remover for a cheaper price! It removes all eye makeup, even waterproof mascara easily! It's super gentle and you don't even need that much for it to do its job. It has natural ingredients like cucumber, it doesn't sting my eyes at all, and no oily residue! Definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by joannahuang5

wanted to buy the neutrogena makeup remover, but it was quite pricey. saw this on the shelf and decided to give it a try. Love it! Removes even the most stubborn of eye makeup. However, it leaves an oily residue afterwards, but I wash my face and it's fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is a great product and works just as well (in fact even better) than Neutrogena’s. You also get more product for less money, removes all makeup easily and it doesn’t irritate my eyes. A winner and re-buy for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. For me it works better than any of the big name brands out there. It truly is oil free and It gets through waterproof mascara and eyeliner no problem. The only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 is sometimes my eyes get red after using it. Give it a try and if you don't like it you definitely didn't waste more than a few dollars.