April 20, 2014 | 1001 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

The one I bought is supposed to be a dupe for L'Oreal eye makeup remover. Never having used the L'Oreal before, I can't attest to whether it's a good imitation or not. The bottle is adorable (again sucker for cute packaging)
You really have to scrub to get the makeup off (and I don't use waterproof) so I lost a couple of lashes. Also it stung the crap out of my eyes, however for just a second. It did get everything off and didn't leave a film behind (like how the Neutrogena oil free still leaves a weird film)
I liked that it has absolutely no scent, not even chemicals.
I might try using a wash cloth with the product instead of toilet paper to see if it's a little gentler then.
It worked and I'm happy with it, but I'm only giving it 2 lippies because it stung my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I've used olive oil for the longest time to remove my eye makeup. After a while, I just got sick of how difficult it was to remove the oil residue. So, I tried Noxema and baby oil and nothing worked that well and they also burned my eyes. So, I picked this up. At first I was skeptical about it being oil free because it comes in two layers that looks oily. I was so excited to go home and try it out. And I am so in love with it! It's just as good as any other makeup remover for a cheaper price! It removes all eye makeup, even waterproof mascara easily! It's super gentle and you don't even need that much for it to do its job. It has natural ingredients like cucumber, it doesn't sting my eyes at all, and no oily residue! Definitely a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:16:00 AM More reviews by joannahuang5

wanted to buy the neutrogena makeup remover, but it was quite pricey. saw this on the shelf and decided to give it a try. Love it! Removes even the most stubborn of eye makeup. However, it leaves an oily residue afterwards, but I wash my face and it's fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is a great product and works just as well (in fact even better) than Neutrogena’s. You also get more product for less money, removes all makeup easily and it doesn’t irritate my eyes. A winner and re-buy for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by kandie128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. For me it works better than any of the big name brands out there. It truly is oil free and It gets through waterproof mascara and eyeliner no problem. The only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 is sometimes my eyes get red after using it. Give it a try and if you don't like it you definitely didn't waste more than a few dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by hmaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just as great as the Neutrogena version. I can't tell the difference. Easy of the eyes even though I wear contacts, and gets through the thickest layers of water proof mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by nekqua1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this the only problem was that it burned by eyes when i was done and i didnt like the shine it left on my eyelid but other than that i worked really great and remover mascara and eyeliner really fast

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not as good as Neutrogena's Oil-free Makeup remover. It takes longer for the liquid to dissolve my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I'd rather pay one more dollar and some cents to get the original from Neutrogena. Sometimes I have to tug at my skin a little to remove all my eye makeup. Im unsatisfied. Will not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I love Neutrogena's version of this. The Equate version is less effective, but still a lot better than the majority of others out there (excluding the ones I have reviewed.) I would give it a 2.5 if MUA had that option, but since they don't, I'm giving it a 3. The order of my preferences for dual-phase eye makeup removers:

(1) HG = Sonia Kashuk Remove (for effectiveness and price)

(2) tie between Neutrogena and Mary Kay (MK a bit $$, but not obscenely so)

(3) Equate (Neutrogena dup) (less effective than Neutrogena, but still a good product at a GREAT price)

(4) Lancome Bi-Facil (effective, but obscenely $$$$ = not worth the $$)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

My HG eye makeup remover. It doesn't get any better for the price. I used to use Mary Kay oil free eye makeup remover because my mom sells it, but she ran out and just hasn't felt like placing another order. I decided to branch out and see if there were any drug store brand removers that I liked as much as the MK. I purchased this after buying 2 other products that were AWFUL and I am SO very pleased! It removes very well and it is so much cheaper. Well worth it for a drugstore brand!