November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by giraldo

After years of battling with acne, this is the ONLY thing that got rid of it.

I also use it on the shower almost everyday, I'm very pale and this doesn't leave my face stained at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sweetspy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The sales lady recommended me this when I asked her something good for acne. I brought home and tried immediately because I was so looking forward to it. After that my skin didn't seem to like it, at first I thought may be its a first use so I didn't feel good again after few days I applied it and the result was nothing... The ultimate disappointments. I didn't want to apply anymore as I could see no any difference. I gave one of my friends to use it, surprisingly it worked for her though. I could see her acnes were disappearing. My bad this product was not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the delicious scent of this. However, my skin is rarely oily enough to warrant such a drying cleanser. I also find it a little too abrasive for my sensitive skin, even if I apply it gently. I have used it on my mam during facials though and she really liked it. it does stain a little, and if not properly removed, it can dull the appearance of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Cmappelt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to overlook some issues with this stuff to appreciate it. First the negatives: it's messy, will stain sink and tub, you'll have to use toner or cleanse again after, and you can't use it with the Mia, plus packaging is weird. Positives: you can overlook these things because this is an effective, nice-smelling product that has an awesome texture and will leave you smooth and bright. It's a squidgy, charcoal cleanser. Mix a little water, spread over face and let sit while you brush your teeth. Then add a little more water and exfoliate with circular motions, being gentle. Rinse off and cleanse with the most gentle cleanser you can find like purpose face wash or cetaphil. Then use a toner like witch hazel. I do this routine once or twice a week. I always put the product in a different container first. Along with using my mia the rest if the week, my skin loves this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Update: Started using this morning & night with my Clarisonic brush at night. Has done an AMAZING job of clearing up my acne & making my skin super soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by SKWKLBF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this lush cleanser online the other week. It's definitely more of an exfoliater than a cleanser. It is described as "an alternative to Angels on Bare Skin for people with oilier skins." and includes: Rhassoul mud, charcoal and black sugar combine to create a very absorbent and exfoliating cleanser.

Basically it's a mother flipping bad-ass. I'll start off by saying that if you have sensitive skin in the slightest - avoid this. It's a very intense cleanser and is very harsh on the face. It's a solid cleanser which comes in a plant pot like tub (which serves its purpose very well but will be difficult for travelling) and is feels like a crumbly soil. It's black in colour - be warned, this will go all over your sink, hands, and you'll need to rinse your face properly to make sure you don't have a Dark Angels goatee going on from when you used it. Unlike a few others have mentioned it does not stick in my pores and leave my face black, just needs a bit of water and it's gone.

My skin has never ever felt this soft as when I have used it. It makes my very oily clogged skin feel radiant and soft. But it does make my cheeks feel a little irritated as I have redness there. I will likely use this everywhere but my cheeks and that's where any sensitive spots are.

As far as price goes, I think it's pretty good. In the U.K it's £6.25/100g so more expensive than drugstore brands but not bad.

It appears to have a use by date of 3 months which is kinda sucky. You get a lot for how much you need and it's a very intense scrub so I wouldn't advise using it more than once or maybe twice a week.

Overall I really like it! Definitely a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by brieasaur

I love LUSH, let me just get that out there. What I don't love is my super oily, acne prone skin. So when I finally got a sample of Dark Angels, I thought I finally had a HG cleanser (besides LUSH's Grease Lightning).

My sales lady told me to scoop a little out, add water and then apply over my face similarly to a face mask, so I did. Let me tell you, it was difficult and messy. That's the only drawback and the only thing holding me back from buying a full size container. I ended up putting a chunk in my hand, pouring a little bit of water then attempting to get it on my face while it dripped down my hands and all over my bathroom counter. I didn't notice it staining my skin per say (I used to wash cloth to fully wash everything off) but it definitely stains light colored countertops and white sinks (sorry mom!). I included it into my process of putting on a face mask, then this cleanser, Grease Lightning and then my St. Ives moisturizer.

Other than that, it feels great on my skin (I like things a little grittier, it's a bit like St. Ive's apricot scrubs), smells good, and definitely has helped minimize my pores and clear my skin. I just wish that it was easier to use because it's got so much potential.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by yazmin77

This is a black scrub that u mix with a bit of water to create a milky paste and cleanse your skin with, it didn't feel very gritty just normal similar to the st Ives apricot gentle scrub and i cleansed for 2 minutes and then rinsed off it was easy to rinse dident feel any residue and my sink was not in a mess like most reviewers stated, however I Did not see a difference in my skin after use or the next morning it didn't make it soft or smooth just left it normal, I don't think this is worth it because you can just save money and go but yourself a effective aha or bha cleanser or exfoilator besides another big CON Is that u have to use this in 3 months, you only supposed to use this once a week and you need a pie size and this supposed to last you three months? Waste of time and money,

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous scrub. It's quite harsh, so you have to scrub really gently, but it leaves my face soooooo smooth. I'm not one for scrubbing, I've never really found a scrub that I loved.
This is different. The smell is just FANTASTIC. When you open the little jar it's just like you smell cool wet soil. I prefer natural scents over pink and purple ones, especially when it comes to skin care, so this is really amazing for me.
I do have to apply a moisturizer afterwards, as this is quite agressive. And I have to rince my face really well because the black charcoal makes a total mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cautionzombies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since the LUSH store I went to in Seattle can give you a larger sample for a small price, that's how I got Dark Angels scrub. For what the scrub is supposed to do, definitely 5 lippies: My skin was incredibly soft and smooth, and it helped even out the redness in my cheeks--especially used with toner and moisturizer. I honestly loved touching my face, and it really made my skin glow. However, I'm not a big fan of the scent (it smells a bit like charcoal, which is a "duh" moment with the ingredients, but I don't find it super pleasant), and this scrub, because it's black, is near impossible to get clean. It left black streaks on my face and neck I had to really scrub to get off, plus it made my bathtub and sink hard to clean too. Such a shame, because otherwise this would definitely be my HG face scrub. If you have darker skin, or don't mind doing some extra work to remove the stains, this product is fabulous. I gave it to a friend who'd seen it in my shower and she absolutely loves it and is getting her own tub soon. So while I do recommend it, I personally won't be repurchasing.