September 18, 2014 | 2005 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by dawndrew

This is the worst moisturizer in the history of moisturizers!! Because I'm such a hard head, I've tried this numerous times over the course of my 8 year battle with acne. Neutrogena and Cetaphil are popular brands among Dermatologists.....so through my treatments and medications, I come back to this thinking it was just all wrong for my skin due to sensitivity from treatments and procedures.
Now that I've finished Accutane, I gave this stuff a whirl again, attracted to a product that is readily available (convenient to purchase), a good price and doesn't break me out.
First of all, I don't know how this Neutrogena product is made for sensitive skin. This stuff sets my face on FIRE....especially around the creases of the nose, which is particularly dry in the cold weather. It has no fragrance, so it's some chemical that doesn't agree with my skin (I've got bad allergies and am extremely sensitive to artificial fragrance). Next, the consistency is odd. I can only describe it as somewhat emollient, but when it hits your face it vanishes into a watery texture that stays on top of your skin (doesn't absorb). This clogged my pores and created blackheads.....where my skin was flawless prior to using. I really liked the fact this didn't contain SPF (which I'm also allergic to if not Zinc Oxide-Titanium Dioxide based) but it is just crap. My sister swears by the Equate (Walmarts generic) of this product....which is even less expensive than Neutrogena already is. Both are no good. Still on the search for a good moisturizer that I don't have to order online or buy at a department store :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by olivia297

This product is not helping my skin. It made my light acne A LOT worse. I thought it would be a great moisturizer to help keep my skin non-irritated and prevent dryness, but it did not. My acne almost all gone and than I started using this moisturizer and it aggravated my acne and brought me back to the starting point of me treating my acne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
My mom with very sensitive rosacea-skin tolerated this just fine.
END OF UPDATE
I have sensitive skin and have absolutely no problems. The reactions I've had to products in the past are: feeling like I'm sweating under moisturizers, pimples all over the face, acne-looking pimples, itchiness, redness and rough skin. I haven't experienced any of this with this moisturizer :/ BUT: I have DRY skin that isn't prone to acne. This has an ingredient that seems to be bad for people that are acne-prone: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, which is a fatty-acid ester that is rated 4 in commedogenicity and 1 as irritant, and it's the 3rd indredient on the list of this moisturizer. The ingredients don't seem to be the best, really. Check the ingredients here:
The only thing I actually hate about this moisturizer i that it frikkin BURNS if you get it in the eyes! That's a quality I don't wan t any of my face products to have as I don't have anything for only under the eyes - I just use my face-stuff all over.
But again, this moisturizer doesn't bother my skin at all, moisturizes well, sinks into the skin fast, makeup applies well on top - it works for me as a cheap day moisturizer in a time where I don't have money to spend on my regular expensive moisturizer for sensitive skin - I now only use it at night.
My mother, who has rosacea wanted to try this out too. If you don't know, people with rosacea have VERY sensitive skin. I will update this review after she has tried this out too - promise.
An inexpensive Wallmart-brand-dupe for this is Equate's Ultra-Gentle Facial Moisturizer (oil-free). See reviews here:
Would I buy again? Most likely not. This doesn't have any barrier ingredients, antioxidants or soothing agents which is something I like my moisturizers to have - this is too plain. I always use my regular moisturizer for me eye area too (haven't ever found an eye cream my eyes don't react to), so I hate how this burns if I get in in my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

My face felt very hydrated and soothed....the next morning, my face was radiant....Love this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm only doing this review for the sake of my fellow acne sufferers. Its hard having acne and it's even harder when products suggesting they are for "senstivie" skin people decieve you and leave you will inflamed pimples. I even narrowed my reviews to acne prone people only and have seen the people who went throught what I did with this product how they cannot believe they are marketing this for sensitive skin when it broke them out or inflamed their existing pimples as it did for me.

Now this thing moisturizes beautifully! It really does, it's probably gives the skin the best moisture ever. It really does absorb into the skin and sits well. It isn't oily or heavy, just right. It made my foundation go on like a total dream!

Besides all the good, stuff like that is never worth the inflamed pimples and more pimples. So it is a big downfall and ultimately a dealbreaker.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:02:00 AM More reviews by JaneNJab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried quite a few moisturizers in my search for the perfect match for me and this is by far my favorite in every way! It is very light, applies smoothly, absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling quite heavenly! I cannot stand heavy, oily, smelly moisturizers and this gem is exactly the opposite! It leaves my skin feeling light and refreshed!

Definitely a recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by aprilselena4

Love this product, does such an amazing job. Lightweight, non greasy and sinks in quickly. Great for sensitive/acne prone skin that gets occasional dry patches but has an oily t-zone. Much better than the one for combination skin, and I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Apricotta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The remedy to dry, sensitive and red skin comes in a sleek white bottle and it's called Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free. This is my second ever moisturizer, but it's the best so far. I started to avoid moisturizers after a terrible experience with a similar product, Moisture Oil-Free SPF 30. I guess it was just a little too harsh for my skin.

However, Neutrogena gained back my trust with this little bottle of wonder! It's super light and is ultra gentle. It's not heavy or greasy at all. It's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and contains no drying alcohol. One pump is enough to cover my face with a tiny bit extra for the neck.

All I can say is that it is the perfect product for sensitive skin. Totally worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Smilygirl008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this I put on one pump and then my face doesnt break out I also put it on my neck. I haven't used two yet maybe when winter starts. It is no frills just a plain moisterizer. I do not have sensitive skin but I like using sensitive skin products because they have less bad chemicals. I love this don't listen to the bad reviews but I think I may start buying BB cream. So I MIGHT not repurchise. Or I could try something else. I love to experiment and buy dirt cheap stuff. This was six bucks expensive for drug store but cheap for moisturizer dont add anything else neutrogena it is good enough

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a nightmare. I can not comprehend how they can market this product for those who have sensitive skin, my skin literally scorched when I put it on! Full on stinging! I should have taken that as a hint but I was also trying out a new cleanser at the time so I didn't clue in to it being the moisturizer until I forgot to put it on one day! My acne flared up horribly and my skin had the appearance of scales. Clearly wasn't getting much moisture from this product. Not only was it an ineffective moisturizer, it literally hurt me AND it made my skin break out. Pass this one up ladies!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No