L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black

2.6

on 6/9/2012 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i have really come to trust L'oreal mascaras. i alternate between this formula and the Telescopic carbon black. i will never ever leave the house without mascara. even for a run, i need mascara. i sweat quite a bit, and i never have issues with this mascara. it always holds up extremely well. i prefer a waterproof formula to hold curl. this never smudges or lakes on me. very curious as to how other people get that result. i dont usually have a problem with clumping. it just depends on which eyeliner i use. if i want to add an extra step to ensure no clumps, i wipe the wand with tissue before swiping my lashes. this builds up a much softer, clump-free look. its an incredible value and it really is one of the best mascaras.

This is my HG mascara! I have tried many, many mascaras over the years and this one is my favorite. I have blonde eyelashes so I need a very black mascara like this one. My lashes are a bit long but straight and thin. This mascara volumizes, darkens, and keep my curl like no other! I will always repurchase. :)

on 6/5/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Didn't check reviews. Smudge city, practically before I put it on.

on 5/21/2012 12:21:00 PM

If I could give this negative stars, I would. It is quite confusing, really - a waterproof mascara that smudges and smears like crazy within an hour or so of application, yet, it's hard to wash off...Wish I had not wasted my money. I will stick with Lash Blast.

on 5/16/2012 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Love the original carbon black but this waterproof formula sucks. It smears and smudges like crazy. Won't purchase again.

on 5/9/2012 3:22:00 PM

Least waterproof mascara ever. Within 10 minutes of wearing it smudges all over my eyelids and gives me major raccoon eyes. I liked the length and volume it gave me but it was so not worth the crappy smudgetastic formula. One of my biggest pet peeves with mascara is when you accidently get in on your eyelid and it's difficult to wipe away with a q-tip, which this mascara is. It's like it has no staying power on your eyelashes, but if you get it on your skin it's going to be there all day. Huge disappointment from L'Oreal.

OMG! Hello Racoon Eyes!!! It is awful!!! it flaked and smudged all over me and no matter how much I freakin tried to take it off I had to rub like crazy to get off...........no no no! This one belongs in the trash! I've never given any product such a bad review but even after making sure I dust trancelucent poder around my eyes so as not to smudge the mascara this one was everywhere but my lashes. yuck! There are many other choices in the drugstore. Just pass on this one.

on 5/1/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy waterproof so it lasts. Five minutes after applying this stuff, it's flaking in my eyes. In the course of the day I need to keep wiping or I get raccoon eyes. I've been using mascara daily for more than 40 years and this is absolutely the worst!

on 4/23/2012 4:34:00 PM

I absolutely disliked this mascara with a passion when I had this. First off....loreal you must have some weird ideas on what a waterproof mascara
must be cause this is not waterproof at all.
I have a monolid so that means I have stick straight lashes thats hard to notice because the eye skin folds over my lashes a bit.
this mascara is to wet of a formula to work for me......thats all I need to say oh and that I had raccoon eyes in less then a hour.

maybe i'll give this a shot again in the future but as for now...no

on 4/21/2012 3:37:00 PM

This mascara did not work for me at all. The formula is very black but way too wet: a bad combination! It smudges like crazy, and I found it difficult to apply as well. I have thin sparse lashes and this mascara made them crunchy and droopy. It smudges almost right after application. There was really nothing positive except the natural brush, which I prefer. I paid around 6 bucks at Target for mine. I have tried using it before and after my go to mascara and nothing seemed to work out. I really wanted to like this as I have seen so many youtubers use it, but I feel better after seeing reviews here!