October 30, 2014 | 1697 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Photo'Perfexion 100% Natural Complexion 0 Flaw

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I dug this out of my Warehouse 13 drawer for Christmas morning. I don't know why. I wanted something new that I hadn't used for some time. I had a generous sample from my days as MU "consultant" at Sephora. It's cold and dry here, and my oil-free, oil-control fdts. are looking a bit too dry, lately. So I thought 'what the heck.'

After church, I got on Skype to talk to mum and sis. Suddenly, they go, "Your skin looks lovely today. No, really. It looks so smooth and glowy. What do you have on?" Hang on a sec. MY skin looks lovely? Then I remembered I had this fdt. on. No, it can't have been Skype. It's not exactly HD. And "the girls" have seen me w/o MU on Skype and never said my skin looked lovely then. That's because it isn't. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination. Never mind how drunk you are, you'd never say my skin is lovely.

I set this with MUFE's HD setting powder (very lightly applied) because my skin is oily in spite of my age. Well, apparently it worked.

Now if only I could remember the color. :(

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It made my skin orange! I wore it out a few times at night, paired with Givenchy Mister Mat as a base. It wore nicely and I didn't have any oilies. And it also photographed decently, but no better then my MUFE HD. However when I wore it out in the daytime, it was a completely different story. It looked orange and blotchy in the sun. A complete disappointment. It was so embarrassing. My boyfriend also confirmed the orange look. I bought this at Sephora, because they said it was so great. Back it goes. Caution if your skin is sensitive... It has a heavy fragrance which might cause irritation.

For reference, I am NC 35-40 and was color matched to 7, perfect gold.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by winiray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is absolutely one of the best foundations that i ever have. It provides light to medium coverage and is moisturizing enough for my dry,eczema prone skin. I strongly encourage this foundation for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After having this foundation for over 4 months, I can say this is HG for me. It blends in so well, leave skin with a healthy, glowy complexion, hides pores, and have a nice scent.

I have dry skin, especially now in the winter my skin is sometimes flakey. This foundation doesn't stick to the dry areas. SPF, photo ready, what else to ask for?

I used my fingers, sigma F05 small contour brush (which is a dupe for MAC 109), flat top buffer brush from costal scents, all works very well and i think i love using the F05 application best. I haven't try it with the Simga F80 yet, I'll update later about that.

Give this a try at your local Sephora :) It is perfect for me, I hope it works for you too.

UPDATE: I tried this with my sigma f80 flat top kabuki brush, it works wonders! Also, I had always "set" my foundation with powder, but i find it unnecessary. My skin looks great! Ridiculously natural looking and only slightly oily after 12 hours!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by foreveronline

Definitely YES. I've tried lots of foundations in different price categories, but when I bought Photo'Perfexion in Perfect Vanilla tone, i found my HG. It makes fresh radiant face without the mask effect, it doesn't feels sticky on your skin even if you don't apply face powder over it (i had such problem with Shiseido). It doesn't clog the pores and lasts for the whole day. But it can be a little drying, so I use it with Acti'mine primer, and it's ok :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I went to sephora trying to get matt velvet from MUFE but the assistant recommend this one. So, i got it on half on my face and prefer this one over MUFE coz my cheeks are dry during of winter. Coverage is light no masky or heavy feeling at all. Somehow the color its a bit light for my yellow undertones skin i got this #4 perfect vanilla. MUFE has my perfect color match #40 or 35. Very pricey, application is tricky. I tried using flat top brush it really emphasizes my large pores on my cheeks. Best apply with my fingers. Gives radiance and non drying coz it has some moisturizing property in it. Unfortunately, i cant return this in dubai...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i like all givenchy products. in fact among all the HE brands, YSl, givenchy and Guerlain are my top three. i haven't found anything from givenchy unsatisfying. this is an amazing liquid foundation, one of the best i have ever used. it is such an all-rounded product. it give my skin fresh healthy attractive glow, not shimmery or sparkly, just a beautiful finish when you are done with application, you cant ask for more. it is light weight, doesn't look like a mask. at the same time it is covering imperfection really well without being a matt finish, which is something i like about this. it doesn't make my dry skin look dull.just my skin, but better. when i used it, i realized i used concealer less than when i used Revlon CS which claims to be full coverage.i think it is the light-adjusting property of this product that does the trick.love love love this. the application is a bit tricky as it dries very fast, so either you need to work fast with a brush(i recommend), or you work with tiny little amount of product each time. it is somewhat time-consuming to work with it but it is totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by zoeynguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is amazing, it makes my skin glow. It is not cakey. When you have it, you don't have to own a concealer. Sometimes, I use it as a concealer to highlight my eyes. It works perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by KathXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find this foundation does not last long at all. I use around 2 pumps on my face and after a few hours I notice that I can see the blemishes on my chin area. I have tried applying this with a flat brush, stippling brush, fingers, over primer, not over primer, on its own and mixed with superfit from clinique (for extra coverage) but i ALWAYS find that it wears off easily. I bought this after I used all of my chanel pro lumiere and was hoping for something a little less shiny than the chanel but still with a glow, I dont think think this foundation gives much of a glow. I paid £30 for my chanel and £28 for the givenchy but later found that chanel contained 30ml where as the givenchy only has 25ml! I would not repurchase this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by saphire82

I tried a swatch of this on my hand and loved the way it felt. It blended nicely into my skin and seemed to make my pores slightly diminish. so I had my SIL get me a bottle in the same color...I should've tried it on my face first.

After trying it on my face, I was a little disappointed as it didnt seem to give me the results I expected based on how it was on my hand, probably due to the larger pores and extra flaws.

Pros:

Nice smell
Doesn't dry too quickly (workable for blending)
Ok coverage although it is buildable if you need more
Little bit goes a long way

Cons:

Expensive
I expected more results for the price I paid (i.e. no "photo perfection" effects)
Looks chalky on ruddy areas of skin, otherwise blends nicely on non-problematic areas

I also havent noticed any issues with oiliness. Now I just use it to lighten up my Clinique foundation that I'm trying to use up as I hate wasting products.