September 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

I like the colour - really dark black and the smudger at the end, but it doesn't seem to stay on all day. Also, it doesn't glide easily on my eyelids, I have to stretch my lids to get an even application. Just a slightly above the average product, I get much beter result with a gel liner.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cavalierkcs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is an average eyeliner. I tried it as I wanted to go back to the ease of an eyeliner pencil after using clinique eyeliner gel. It looks nice going on (I have it in onyx - which is black but seems more like a slate black to me, not ultra dark). But it does not hold up any better than drugstore brands. By the end of the day it is all smudgy and smeary, and after 12 hours has practically disappeared. I think Revlon CS eyeliner works much better if you like a pencil. I'll be going back to clinique gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these eyeliners! They are very long wearing and make your eyes sparkle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by LizzieLiz

This is a super eyeliner! I have it in bronze and am planning on buying all of the other colours. It lasts a long time, even in the waterline, and goes on so smoothly. You can use the little sponge-smudger at the end of the eyeliner or you can smudge with a brush, whichever you prefer. I use a brush but the smudger is pretty good.
I love bronze, I can't tell you how beautiful it is. It really makes my brown eyes pop. I think it would look absolutely stunning on blue or green eyes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by BBACK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm normally a Clinique or Lancome girl, but I love this eyeliner. It stays on for hours and goes on smoothly. The colors are also gorgeous - I own basic black, midnight blue, and bronze! I would highly recommend this! :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

For the most part I really like this eyeliner and eyeliner is a staple for me. It does stay on much better and much longer than most eyeliners. I have the eyeliner in black and my only complaint would be that the black does not come out AS black as I would like it. However, I do like that the eyeliner comes with a "smudger" at the opposite end of the pencil.
- - -
Edit: Although I like the Estee Lauder eyeliner I found and prefer the Urban Decay eyeliner. The black is blacker and the staying power is superior.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by debra110

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Stays on all day, and the only liner that will stay put in my waterline. I love the colors, and everything about this pencil. It's a real find for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by melbell1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is wonderful! It stays on all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by marhope78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this eyeliner - I bought it in coffee and it stays put for the majority of the day (moreso than others I have tried) without smearing down below the eye (I hate that end-of-the-day smudge that other liners leave as the day wears on). Pretty pricey but worth it if you don't want to worry about it rubbing off. I just don't have the time to reapply my makeup throughout the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by muxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yesterday as an experiment, I used Estee Lauder's Artist's Eye Pencil on one eye, and this product on the other eye. I made sure they looked the same in the mirror in the morning. By the evening, the Artist's Eye Pencil had faded and lost much of the definition. The eye with the Double Wear pencil still looked good, the lines still had definition and weren't anywhere near as faded. I have very oily skin and most makeup just doesn't make it through the day, but this product lasts better than others.