October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Polishes - OPI - Over The Taupe

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by bombshellglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely in love with this gorgeous brownish taupe color. It's neutral enough that it goes with everything, but it's also a unique color that stands out a bit. I'm crazy about it. The perfect nail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by finesttluv

a true chocolate brown. i love OPI's polishes because they just don't budge and they're really opaque after 2 coats, and this is no exception. perfect for when i just want some color on my nails, compliments my tan skin. i dont use a top coat or base coat with OPI polishes, btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

OPI and Paige Premium Denim? Two of my favorite brands, and I knew I had to have this polish. I swatched i at the store next to YDKJ, and Over the Taupe was a little lighter, warmer and more wearable on my tan NC40 summer hands. But it sat in my drawer for months, until the cold weather. I don't normally wear "color" other than sheers on my hands, but decided to give this one a try.

I'm so happy with the wearability of this color and how long-wearing it is. As I'm in my late 30s, my hands aren't as pretty as they used to be, and I spend lots of time washing dishes, laundry... washing my hands. OTT makes my hands look polished and sophisticated without being overdone, even though my nails are medium length (1/4" past the tips of my fingers) So far this has lasted three days with Seche Vite and is just beginning to show tip wear. Finally, I've found a color that looks appropriate and sort of edgy! I just wish OPI would come out with a shimmer version of this color...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by anika27

I bought this today and i really like it...it looks good on my yellow undertone skin...so far this is my fav nail polish..luv it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this colour, one of my favourite nail polishes that I own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i've been super into these dark taupey colors recently. i love that they are so chic and go well with my skintone [dark with yellow undertones]. i've accumulated a quite a few of these color and will prob get more nonetheless. i have sephora by opi's metro chic and opi's you don't know jacques. though they are all in the same color family they are all different enough to own. sopi's mc is more on the gray side with lavender undertones and opi's ydkj is significantly darker and more charcoal. over the taupe itself is a mid-tone taupe with mauve undertones.
application was flawless. the pro-wide brush and formula makes the nail polish glide on smooth and streak-free. i used 2 coats for my desired opacity, but you could probably go up to 3 to ensure no nail-whites are seen when you hold your hand up to the light. when this dries it is super glossy, you probably don't even need a top coat for this. i put one on though due to force of habit [barielle manicure extender]. wear is excellent also. i get my normal 4+ days. i change my mani 2x a week, though i'm sure it would last longer if a left it on. for reference, i used revlon fast dry base coat. i love this color and would definitely repurchase if i ever run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by melleessa

Thanks mariannaoust for the color swatches cos i couldn't decide between this and ydkj - i got this based on the fact it was slightly lighter and have a ton of darker shades. I love this color - 2 shades to get the right amount of opaque

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by MarleyPugh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this taupe! I like it much more than YDKJ- it's warmer and more flattering to a yellow-undertoned person. It's also just a touch lighter. I'm NC15, and this suits my skintone way better than most of the taupe polishes I've tried. Love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

love this color. i have ydkj and i have to agree as well, they are like sisters. i had both colors on my toes and they looked so similar until i painted all of my toes in ydkj and i feel it's really for winter because it's darker and cooler compared to ott which is a tad lighter and warmer. i normally don't like warm tone colors but i find ott still on the neutral brown. i love both of them and find them perfect for those who like the mushroomy colored nailpolish because you can wear this kind of color year round. what i find interesting is ydkj is thinner and ott is thicker but it doesn't affect the application and i love the new wide brush. so easy to apply without streaks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a very pretty color for the summer or anytime....it's a warm chocolatey brown....the color would look good on any skin tone....this a must have for your nail polish collection.....