October 30, 2014 | 1576 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't feel like it did anything for my short Asian lashes,,if anything it sorta just clumped them together for the appearance of "thickened" the pigmentation was pretty good though,,it was a solid black,,but again did not work for me at all...i will not buy it again nor will i try any almay mascaras in the future

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by xxdreamer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall it is an okay mascara. It does a good amount of lengthening (although the purpose of this one was for thickening) and it doesn't smudge AS MUCH as the other mascaras I've tried.

It does smudge a bit and quite a bit by the end of the day, but hey, it's Summer weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this formula for the summer as it does not smudge or promote raccoon eyes but I do not like the brush it comes with. I bough some decent disposable mascara brushes at Sally's and use those instead. Overall good rich formula that goes on easy and stays till you remove it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara because it thickens my lashes, but the best part is that it doesn't smudge by the end of the day - even during the hot summer weather. This is a huge pro for me, since most mascara's tend to smudge on me. The formula is a bit dry, but it's still easy to use, and I prefer this formula over wet formulas which take forever to dry. This defines my lashes well, and I like that my lashes are noticeable from a distance - which a lot of mascara's fail to do. Love it, recommend it, and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is decent mascara but I'll go back to my old standby L'Oreal's Voluminous. This mascara is a bit too dry for me - it seems to take at least 3 coats for me to get the same coverage as Voluminous. Again, not a bad mascara, just not for me. Edit: I'm actually not impressed with this at all. I have to keep applying to get any kind of volume plus it makes my lashes crunchy. Hate that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara i only needed 2 coats and my lashes got thicker and longer. I got a lot of compliments whenever i wore this today. And what i really is the conditioning part of this mascara, it keeps them soft. My friends started using this and she told me how much she loved it because it made her lashes grow, so i tried it and i love it too! I will def purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I got this mascara in black brown and so far very happy with it. The color is lovely. It goes on so evenly and doesn't clump on my lashes. It is the only mascara I own that doesn't flake. I think it is being discontinued which is a pity.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a 2 for 1 deal and gave the other one away to a friend. I
overall, this is a good mascara.
after a whole day at work it doesn't clump, and is stays put most of the day
it doesn't really thick my lashes too much tho and it weights my lashes down
i guess i'm still hoping for the perfect mascara for my mini eyelashes

as for the one coat claim...I don't think it live up to that expectation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think this was so-so, then I realized, if you put on a lengthening mascara on first, then put this on it is fab-u-lous! Lasts all day, doesn't flake or smudge.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, honestly. I love buying mascaras and this one coat thickening gimmick really attracted my attention. This was actually a really average mascara, I loved the packaging, it was quite cute but definitely DID NOT thicken my lashes at all.

For reference I have stick straight asian lashes, they are kinda short and are very fine, I haven't found the ideal volumizing mascara yet so I went for this of course. I've had it for about 2 months now and can honestly say it lengthens more than it thickens, which really irritates me. Lengthening on the other hand isn't bad, I liked but seriously it did not do what it was suppose to.

I will not repurchase this and I deem this absolutely useless when thickening.