July 31, 2014 | 1363 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Mascara (Thickening)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this formula for the summer as it does not smudge or promote raccoon eyes but I do not like the brush it comes with. I bough some decent disposable mascara brushes at Sally's and use those instead. Overall good rich formula that goes on easy and stays till you remove it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara because it thickens my lashes, but the best part is that it doesn't smudge by the end of the day - even during the hot summer weather. This is a huge pro for me, since most mascara's tend to smudge on me. The formula is a bit dry, but it's still easy to use, and I prefer this formula over wet formulas which take forever to dry. This defines my lashes well, and I like that my lashes are noticeable from a distance - which a lot of mascara's fail to do. Love it, recommend it, and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is decent mascara but I'll go back to my old standby L'Oreal's Voluminous. This mascara is a bit too dry for me - it seems to take at least 3 coats for me to get the same coverage as Voluminous. Again, not a bad mascara, just not for me. Edit: I'm actually not impressed with this at all. I have to keep applying to get any kind of volume plus it makes my lashes crunchy. Hate that!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara i only needed 2 coats and my lashes got thicker and longer. I got a lot of compliments whenever i wore this today. And what i really is the conditioning part of this mascara, it keeps them soft. My friends started using this and she told me how much she loved it because it made her lashes grow, so i tried it and i love it too! I will def purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I got this mascara in black brown and so far very happy with it. The color is lovely. It goes on so evenly and doesn't clump on my lashes. It is the only mascara I own that doesn't flake. I think it is being discontinued which is a pity.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a 2 for 1 deal and gave the other one away to a friend. I
overall, this is a good mascara.
after a whole day at work it doesn't clump, and is stays put most of the day
it doesn't really thick my lashes too much tho and it weights my lashes down
i guess i'm still hoping for the perfect mascara for my mini eyelashes

as for the one coat claim...I don't think it live up to that expectation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think this was so-so, then I realized, if you put on a lengthening mascara on first, then put this on it is fab-u-lous! Lasts all day, doesn't flake or smudge.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product, honestly. I love buying mascaras and this one coat thickening gimmick really attracted my attention. This was actually a really average mascara, I loved the packaging, it was quite cute but definitely DID NOT thicken my lashes at all.

For reference I have stick straight asian lashes, they are kinda short and are very fine, I haven't found the ideal volumizing mascara yet so I went for this of course. I've had it for about 2 months now and can honestly say it lengthens more than it thickens, which really irritates me. Lengthening on the other hand isn't bad, I liked but seriously it did not do what it was suppose to.

I will not repurchase this and I deem this absolutely useless when thickening.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by camillamae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really didn't like this product, but then again I like a more dramatic look. I found I had to put on a lot of layers just to be somewhat happy with it. What I did like about it was that it isn't clumpy at all and didn't flake off.

I'll probably keep using it as an every day mascara for work when I want a more subtle look anyway, but I definitely won't purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by JustLaugh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This dried out faster than any mascara I've used. It stayed on nicely and was cheap, but other than that there wasn't anything special about it. The formula was just too dry, and I had a hard time building it up to the intensity I wanted. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it. What can I say. Three stars for average-ness.