July 25, 2014 | 1164 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Get Baked Palette [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!
    This is the first Urban Decay product I've ever purchased, and one of the first palettes I've ever purchased. I have now become a palette fiend, and a huge fan of UD!
    This eye shadows are extremely good quality. The color is rich and uncompromising; what you see in the pan is what you get on your lids. They blend and apply very smoothly, like they have a near-creamy texture.
    The colors consist of:
    Half Baked: A pale gold
    Baked: A richer gold
    Twice Baked: A deep, bronzy-brown.
    Flipside: Bright turquoise.
    All of the colors work extremely well together. I have experimented with several ways of wearing the colors in this palette, including wearing all of them at once (Half Baked to highlight the brow bone and inner corners, Baked all over the lid, Twice baked to contour, and Flipside as a pop of color in the outer corner. I'm sure there are other fabulous ways to apply them all together, as well). I have not tried Flipside along my lower lash line as others have, but I think I might. That eyeshadow alone is a tad bit overwhelming for my blue eyes, so I am careful how a where I apply it. I have, however, layered Flipside over Twice Baked. It really is a gorgeous, multi-dimensional look! Flipside was also nice all over the lid with Half Baked layered on top and highlighting the brow bone. I think my favorite color in the whole kit, though, is Baked. It's a gorgeous, true gold that really makes my blue eyes pop, even all by itself. It has replaced CG Golden Sunrise as my favorite gold shadow (less orange/yellow). I will definitely be trying more UD eyeshadows in the future.
    The other two "bonuses" are the 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon and PP in Sin. I normally use TFSI as my primer, and had not tried UDPP prior to this because of the packaging. But I always make sure I wear the Sin PP when I use this palette because the champagne color of the primer just makes the colors really pop. The overall quality as a primer is equal to TFSI. It's also nice if you don't want to wear eyeshadow; you apply it right up to your brow bone and you just look AWAKE.
    The 24/7 eyeliner is a beautiful, rich color that brings out my blue eyes and applies very smoothly (no tugging!). However, the staying power leaves something to be desired. The packaging of the PP and the staying power of the eyeliner result in the loss of one lippie in my review. But it's still a fabulous palette!
    The packaging of the whole ensemble is ADORABLE and well-made. I like that they didn't include any crappy little brushes, they just assume that you will use your own, good brushes. I wish more palettes did that. Everyone always throws out the crappy little brushes anyway. We don't need more waste.
    So, overall, a great palette, and you're lucky if you purchased it while it was out! The shadows are second to none, and I will be purchasing more UD products in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! The colors are SO pretty and you can do many different looks with the colors. The quality of the shadows is amazing, they blend well, go on smoothly and last a long time, especially when you use the primer potion. I won't buy again though because I always buy new pallettes but I'm glad I got this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

I LOVE this palette! I especially like Baked, Half-Baked and Flipside eyeshadows. Baked and Half-Baked makes my blue-grey eyes pop and Flipside is gorgeous under my lower lashline. Twice Baked is just too dark for me, but none the less a pretty colour!
    The Sin primerpotion is shimmering and pretty, but I feel like it doesn't show up as much as I'd like. It would be lovely to be able to wear it as a highlighter.
    The one thing I'm a tad disappointed in is the 24/7 pencil in Bourbon. I just can't get it to stay on! Not on my lids and not on my waterline! I don't have this problem with my other two 24/7's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by VVV

I wasn't initially drawn to this palette, but then I saw fafinette3 swatch the colors in one of her haul videos and I had to have it. This palette has a gorgeous collection of colors:

TWICE BAKED: A very pigmented brownie brown with a satiny sheen finish. Normally a color like this would look like dirt on my eyelids because of my skin tone - for some reason it doesn't. I think it is because this is neither a truly warm brown nor a cool brown, it is right in the middle. It blends effortlessly and looks great along the lower lash line, outer V, or the crease. This is literally the only brown I own!

HALF BAKED: A gorgeous gold with a metallic finish. This shade is amazing when washed lightly over the entire eye - add a little liner & mascara and you're done! I love to pack this color on my lid for a really dazzling gold effect. This shade also works as a highlight when applied lightly and looks very pretty in the tear duct. This turned out to be such a versatile shade for me. It really makes my eyes POP!

FLIPSIDE: This shade is not as pigmented as the other 3 shades - if I want it to look like it does in the pan I need to really pack it on. Flipside is a shimmery blue-green shade that gives the other 3 shades a pop of color. It's a really fun shade!

BAKED: This has to be the most metallic eye shadow I've ever seen! The finish on this shade is so rich, it looks like liquid copper. It's just gorgeous! I didn't think I could pull this shade off because I'm so pale but it really makes my eyes glow.

24/7 Eye Pencil in BOURBON: I love the Zero 24/7 pencil so I thought I would really love Bourbon too, especially to go with these eye shadows. Bourbon is "brown w/ teeny gold glitter" according to UD's description and I think it's the glitter that is messing with the formula. Bourbon doesn't glide on like Zero does. And please don't make the mistake of putting it on your waterline like I did, ouch. Glitter in the eye of any size is not fun. The color is nice and I'll definitely use this pencil but I would never buy the full sized version of Bourbon.

Mini UDPP in SIN: This is so pretty all on it's own - a neutral champagne wash of shimmer. I find myself using this from lid to brow with black liner & mascara for a quick I-have-no-time eye look. This is a really cool product and I think I will end up buying the full sized version at some point.

PACKAGING: So cute! Pucci style print all over, nice sized mirror, compartment for mini 24/7 pencil, shadows are labeled. "Get Baked" in bright blue foil letters on the lid of the palette makes me giggle or smile when I see it.

PRICE: $28! Totally worth it! Especially considering how often I find myself reaching for this palette. Which is a lot! :)

♥ Thank you for reading my review! Hope it was helpful! ♥

EDIT: If you have BoS 1 and are planning to buy BoS 2 you may want to skip on Get Baked. BoS 1 has Baked E/S and BoS 2 has Twice Baked, Half Baked, and Flipside E/S, AND a 24/7 Eye Pencil in Bourbon. So pretty much every single thing in the Get Baked palette except the mini UDPP in Sin. Just sayin', no need for dupes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by pshhdeex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love all of the colors in this pallette, and its a great deal! four eyeshadows, an eyeliner, an primer for the price of less than two eyeshadows.

the two things i dont like it that baked and half baked are almost the same. baked is just a tiny bit more bronze and half baked is more gold

also usually urban decay eyeliners are amazingg and creamy but this one may have been difective, but it was so hard, not creamy, and didnt show up at all on my waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by VegasGirlatHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in LOVE with this palette..beautiful colors and great payoff. This was a good deal because you get four shadows (Twice Baked, Half Baked, Flipside and Baked), an Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon and a baby UDPP in Sin...The pachaging is super cute too! I will absolutely re-purchase this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by cjmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been wanting this palette for quite a while. I went to several different Sephora stores, and no one had them in the store yet. I finally caved and ordered it online. Now it's available in stores, but in early May, it wasn't. The palette comes with 4 colors: Baked, Half Baked, Twice Baked, and Flipside. I very much like Half Baked, it's sheer and gold. Baked is a very pigmented intense gold color. Twice Baked is a beautiful dark brown color. Flipside seems to be the oddball in the palette, but I have difficulties wearing blue eyeshadow because I was always under the impression blue eyeshadow was for blue eyed girls! I also liked the primer potion in Sin, it's beautiful, but does crease and isn't as high quality as the regular primer potion. The 24/7 liner in Bourbon is also a great addition to the palette, but it's difficult to wear on its own because the formula kind of clumps on my eyelids, plus it transfers to my eyelash curler when curling my lashes. Overall, a very nice palette. I don't wear all the colors together, but it's a great value considering if I bought everything separate, it would be about $60.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by TeresaTwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am definitely going to be buying this palette again when I use mine up (which might take a while...) The colors are absolutely stunning, and extremely pigmented. My fave color has to be Half Baked from the palette, it goes so well with my blue eyes and really makes them pop. My favorite way to wear this palette is Half Baked 2/3 of my eye, Baked the other 1/3 and Twice Baked in the crease, with Flipside under my eyes, it looks gorgeous!

Definitely recommended 100%

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by eerielle143

This 4 color palette is great especially for summer. It comes with a travel size sin primer potion and eye liner in bourbon. So this makes is great for travel. The colors are so pretty and shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so PERFECT for the summer! The colors are very pigmented and the consistency of these eyeshadows are super soft. I adore Urban Decay and their palettes! Anyway, this palette is the perfect size to pack and travel! I plan to bring this when I go on vacation. =)