November 27, 2014 | 1383 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I used MAC blotting powder (too matte/ coloured/ powdery.. unnatural), moved onto the pressed version of this powder, and then finally bought the loose powder. This powder is definitely translucent, it doesn't impart any colour to my face, despite the light colour. It doesn't cake, or look powdery, and keeps my shine at bay! It actually leaves a rather soft 'glow' after application, so it's not too matte. I still use the LM pressed powder on the go.
I would repurchase, but I doubt I will be doing so for at least half a decade, since you get a huge amount of product in this container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail loose powder. I love it! I have dry skin and this powder does not highlight any dry spots. It sets my makeup perfectly and gives a soft glow, as if my skin was airbrushed. I also have this in compact form to keep in my bag for travel/touch-ups. The texture is light, finely milled, and exceptional in quality. I apply this using a puff instead of a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismagical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the Loose Powder in Ivory because it has a light hint of color in it, however it's no longer available. I really like the feeling of this powder. It doesn't leave my face too matte. It's enough matte, but still has a nice silky feeling to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by juliek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've recently rediscovered this product in my stash.
I bought the Flawless Face Kit and this powder was part of the under cover eye pot.

I was using BE Mineral Veil and it makes my face dry and itchy.
The LM powder is great. It does what it says and does not dry or break my skin out. I'll be purchasing a full size one when I use up this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by amstoica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A lady at Sephora recommended this to me as I was looking at the MUFE HD setting powder. She said this LM translucent loose powder is the best she's used. I was sick of using BE Mineral Veil because it was drying. I noticed right away how much product you get for the price. They actually FILL the jar and you get 1 whole ounce! Bare Minerals powders have large containers and aren't even half full. When I bought the hydrating mineral veil, it was a huge container that fooled me and very little product inside. You get a ton of product with the LM. It feels much nicer on my face than Mineral Veil. It feels hydrating and soft and isn't drying. I will keep using this because I think it's a better buy for a better product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This powder is nothing special. Does not mattify my oily skin and does not even imperfections in the skin texture, like some powders do...Does not hide pores at all!

I think that this powder is ok for normal skin maybe...or dry skin. But not for oily skin types cause this does not do anything about the shine you already have...insted it gives some kind of "glow"... This "healthy glow" is good looking maybe only for 1 h, and turns into a oil slick in the middle of the day... Add to this that this is quite a pricy brand! No thanks.

TRY before you buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I have not purchased a full size of this product so I can't comment on the packaging. I have a trial sized and I LOVE this powder better than any other loose setting powder that I have tried and I have tried MANY!! This is so finely milled, it goes on like a dream and blends well. You don't need much at all. It lasts me until about mid day and then I touch up. I have oily skin so that's normal. This is a fabulous find and I would purchase the full sized version.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by kristen1191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes my makeup last all day, controls oil but doesnt set too matte, imparts a glow, and makes my pores dissapear! What more could a girl want?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by oaasiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

okay. my friend loves this product and suggested me to try it out. so i bought it and I've been using this for almost half a year, and i absolutely regret buying this!

i have really oily skin (like really!!!) and it does NOTHING in oil controlling whatsoever. okay, it does give you a really nice and soft feel when you first apply it on. but after 2 hours, i already see oil showing up! sigh.

i tried it with different primers (eg. MUA, smashbox, proactive, sheer cover, laneige etc) and with different foundations (e.g. armani, dior, MUA, bb cream, NARS etc.) and i swear, after these 6 months of experiments, it was a complete waste of time.

Even in winter, i was like an oil sleek! i think i might try out for MUA HD loose powder, since i've heard really good reviews on it's oil controlling properties.