April 18, 2014 | 1194 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Guardian Angel Heat Protect N' Flatten Flat Iron Balm and Gloss Finish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally wanted the G2B Curl (white bottle) but the store was out of it & I had heard that the ingredients were the same so I got this. I had heard about it from TiffanyD's hair tutorial & she said that it gave good hold for curls, which is what I needed.
Well, I guess the ingredients (or at least the amounts) are different enough between the 2 bottles, because even w/hairspray my curls seem to fall flat much faster than they did before when all I used was Tresemme Heat Tamer & hairspray.
So this doesn't work in the way that I had wanted (goign to try Redken Spray Starch 15 next). But I do think I'll like it for flat-ironing & I do like the smell (reminds me of my g-ma's perfume). One downside is if you don't look at the bottle you can't tell which way the nozzle is pointed & I've sprayed myself in the face several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by krm1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love it! For me, my hair turns out soo silky and straight if i spray in 1 inch sections as i flat iron them. So, I spray the first 1inch section, then rub it in if its too wet and then flat iron it and it looks and feels amazing! I also use it when I style my hair while blow drying. Will definitely keep buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

makes my hair smooth, shiny, and straighter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this stuff when they didn't have my usual heat protector. I was very pleasantly surprised with it. I felt like it made my hair a lot more straight and i felt my hair was smoother. I used it when i curled my hair too and it worked fine but then again my hair is also naturally curly. The only thing I didn't like about it was it took a little while to dry and it kinda weighed my hair down. But I thought it did a fantastic job of protecting my hair from the heat. The packaging is adorable and it's easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by RosieBabyyy

Ewww... I hate this product! It made my hair feel dry and stiff after straightening (and yes, I sprayed 8 inches away). The scent is just way too strong. The only nice thing I can say about this product is that the packaging is cute (maybe that's what made me buy it). I'm going to stick with my Beyond the Zone - Turn Up the Heat.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kyqtpie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hated this. It was too watery for my thick coarse hair. I didn't even feel comfortable enough to flat iron my hair enough to get the results I normally achieve. I usually use Silk Elements heat protectant spray & I will be going to get some today.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This made my ends look frazzled and ratty. I wanted a light weight heat protectant for the days after I washed my hair as I found constantly using my serum was weighing down my hair.
It made my hair feel sticky. But I'm going to try it again as it seems I'm a minority and I don't see why this isn't working for me.
I do like the smell and the spray nozzle though, good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by FashionMami

I actually wanted to purchase this line's Protect N' Curl spray but both CVS and Walgreens no longer carry it in my area. I was looking for an inexpensive product to protect and extend my curls while using my hot rollers. I figured since Schwarzkopf sells a multi-use spray for both flat ironing and curling, their drugstore brand may also have multiple uses. So far I have been impressed. It does not leave my hair sticky and provides long lasting, smooth results. This will replace my TRESemme Curl Activator Spray which gave good results but I had to blow dry my hair right after application or end up with my ends glued together. It does tell you this on the bottle, but I don't need the extra step.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by suzieskisinthepyranees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I typically purchase the tresemme instant heat tammer spray at CVS, but i decided to try a different one because I always get that. But every time I buy a new heat protectant for when I straighten my hair I always go back to the tresseme one.
So I have to admit I have never heard of Got2be, I actually embarrassingly enough was drawn to this product after watching a makeup guru on YouTube use it in a hair tutorial. And yes, I know she was sent the product for free to try out the product by a company... but I still got it, I can't help it I am young and easily convinced. So onto the product I personally have really thick curly (spirally) long hair I am a lazy bum and don't blow dry my hair straight. I let it air dry over night (which should be healthier for my hair), then wake up a ridiculously early hours in the morning to straighten my hair. I actually spray this on while my hair is wet along w/ CHI silk infusion and my leave in conditioner. Then I straighten @ 5am....lol
I guess this product is quite the multi tasker hence the fact that it claims to be like a shine serum, heat protectant, straightening balm all in one. I actually didn't get a bottle w/ a charm which is fine I thought it might get annoying, so u can't say I was draw to the packaging. Now that I think about it the bottle shape reminds me of Urban Decay Primer Potion (fairy tale themed).
Anyways I think when this is used up I will go back to Tresemme, or try a new one like Red Ken heat protectant they have. This one claim to keep straight styles straight longer but not so much the multitasking tresemme one (for curling, blow drying, and straightening) had more hold. Smells like a heat protectant, plastic y smell..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ewicklund08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot express how much I love this product! This is definitely my HG product as far as heat protectant and light weight holder. I often curl my hair ( I have a little bit past my shoulder brown hair, stick straight!!!) and love the romantic curl look. I often used to use a Paaul Mitchell heat protectant but it was way too heavy and my hair went limp before I was finished with one side! So, I read the reviews on here and another site and immediately went to CVS. When I bought it, it was a bonus pack and came with a mini blowdry lotion (the black bottle). Great right? Well, it gets better! The original price was about $6.50 but when I went to the counter and slid my CVS card, it came to about $4.50! So, I got a bonus and it was cheaper than what I thought! Thank God! Anywho, it does not make my hair limp and I love the smell! Love the cute packaging and I am now finding excuses to do my hair all the time just to use this!