September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyebrow kit due to the reviews here and now I go around raving about it! I apply the dark brow wax first and then the creamy powder. It looks totally natural, even others have commented. . I never realized how much it was like Benefit's Brow Zing kit until I was raving about it to a sales gal at Ulta. She mentioned she only uses Benefit's, which is $40, so I went over to try it and realized that E.L.F is almost a dupe for a few bucks! E.L.F's lighter brown powder has the same creamy powder texture as Benefit's.I like a few other brow products, but you really can't beat this product for this price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

This is awesome! For the price it's a real bargain, but even if it was high end, I would still love it. - I love both the powder and the waxy part. When I want a more natural look, I use the powder since it's more suddle and natural-looking. The wax is great if you really want to shape your brows, so for a more dramatic brow, I would use that.

The lasting power is great, packagain as well. I don't have any bad to say about this really.
Only that the shade I own (medium) is a bit to dark, but next time I will pick up the lightest shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This eyebrow kit is great. I purchased in medium because that was all they had at Target. I was worried it would be too dark, but the color ended up being PERFECT. The powder does seem to lean slightly red, but my hair is light to medium brown with a reddish tint, so it works out really well for me.

The packaging is quite nice for a drugstore product. I don't see myself ever using the mirror in it, since it's quite small, but overall the packaging is pretty sleek. The brush it comes with actually works perfectly for this product and I don't think I will ever bother to use any other brushes for this product. It's nice to have brushes dedicated to certain products so you don't have to clean them constantly, and it's extra nice when that brush fits conveniently inside the packaging.

I do foresee myself going through the wax faster than the powder, but for $3 I'm certainly not gonna complain about that.

If you like your brows bold, you might find the powder to be too light, but it's perfect for how I like to do my brows. I don't like to do much to the inside of the brow and this powder provides just enough color. I like using the fluffy end of the included brush for this purpose because it gives a soft effect and I don't like sharply defined brows on myself, especially not on the inside.

I use the gel side for about the outer 2/3 of my brow. I sometimes dip the brush in the powder after getting some gel on the brush and apply that right at the arch of my brow. It provides a little extra color that way.

I generally do use a clear mascara as a brow gel in addition to this because my eyebrow hairs aren't very cooperative, but I could get by without that.

All in all, I think it's fantastic for the price. You don't have much to lose by trying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

This is the BEST. The gel is a perfect tint, and doesn't go on super heavy so it's easy to get it right. The powder gives your brows such a beautiful natural look. Seriously, the best - just try it. And for the price, it really can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by freelancemua

This is my holy grail xD eyebrows are huge for me and this has legit become my best friend!!! I use it everyday and I love how easy and manageable it is. It looks gorgeous on and is just plain amazing for the price! It's crazy. I was skeptical about the quality because the price was so low but it works wonderfully, I recommend it to everyone that I know.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has been great for quickly filling in my eyebrows. I use the kit in medium and I only use the gel side because I didn't see any difference with or without the powder. The brush that comes with the kit has been fine for me to use, although it can be a little unwieldy at times. But I prefer that to using one of my regular brushes.

The only issue, and why this is not my favorite eyebrow product, is that sometimes the gel can look a bit heavy on my brows and I wish there was a reddish color available to match my red hair. It won't make your eyebrows look as defined as a pencil would, and it's not as natural as a regular powder, but I think this can be a good compromise, especially since it's only $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by ReplaceAfterUse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the this product! I have brought it twice, each time in the dark shade.
I wear it every day, it makes my eyebrows stand out and look more natural.
I only use the gel half of this, as I didn't like how adding the powder looked.
Also I find the brush that comes with it to fiddly, so I use the e.l.f studio small angled brush and I get a much better result.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Sweetlae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Firstly, I don't have sparse eyebrows, or full eyebrows. It's in between. Not too thick and not too thin. I guess just your average brow. But this eyebrow kit is great for making your brows look naturally perfect. I used to use the makeupforever aqua brow, but after a while a saw a decrease in the overall appearance of my brow, and it would look too fake/filled in. But the elf brow kit's gel really works when enhancing natural brows. It gives very natural definition but lets your brows shine through. Initially I thought the powder was too light, but now I like to use it in the inner portion of my brow for a soft fade in.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It's safer to go lighter if you're deciding between two colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my first foray into brow "makeup" and I have to say, I'm not 100% sold on this one, at least not in the shade I purchased...

I am among those who are making an effort to leave my brows alone and go for the fuller look. For so many reasons, a fuller brow does A LOT for your face. It balances your features, acts as a frame for your eyes and gives a more youthful appearance. Putting down my tweezers, in combination with Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator, has made a big difference for me in the last few months.

I bought this to use to intensify the brows I have and to polish them up slightly, not to fill in empty space. I purchased the kit in light, which as far as the shade goes, is a perfect match for my light brown eyebrows. The tone, however, is waaaay off! My eyebrows are a little on the ashy side and the light looks really warm. The contrast between my brows and the creme is very obvious. Even though I like the way it darkens them up, in certain lighting, it looks orange. The powder does help to tone the brassiness down slightly, but not enough to make the overall look passable for my hair color and skin tone. It's really too bad because if not for the color being off, this would be a ten! Now onto the good stuff...

I love the creme portion and how easily it goes on. I first used a spooly brush to get all my hairs going in the right direction and used the enclosed brush to lightly layer the creme on top. It is SUPER layerable too, so unless you get really heavy handed, it's near impossible to apply too much at a time. Since I am not using the kit to fill in holes, but to darken and groom my look, the weight of the creme and the mode of application are perfect.

Incidentally, I had my mom try this out and even though she does not have reddish hair either, it looked way better on her than me. I am giving this three lippies because I think if I get the right shade, I will be in love. I was on the fence between the ash and light; next time I will by the ash. The price is great and I love the brush and mirror. The overall look of the compact is nice and simple, which I really appreciate.