Cover Girl Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain ( /-):, Ultramarines

on 2/12/2009 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have dry/sensitive/oily T-zone/acne prone skin. I have some occasional blemishes, a few pimples here and there depending on the days and a bit of rosacea.
On to the product, overall this product was really good (I use it for on-to-go: it's really quick and easy). It covers pretty well but it looks a bit cakey (maybe it's my dry skin that's making it seem cakey).
Sometimes I would break out after using this product, I can't really tell because I don't use this powder everyday. I think this depends on the individual.
The only thing I don't like is the sponge applicator. It has a weird smell... like latex? And it has an odd shape like a half-moon, so it's hard to buy a latex-free sponge to replace the original.
Overall, I would buy this only if I had no other choice.

on 1/15/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wish I could punch myself for buying this AGAIN. I tried it once in 610, and the color was really ashy. I'm not crazy about the "dead" look, so I returned it. Silly me, I tried it again during a BOGO sale at Rite Aid. I bought it again in 620, and even though it looked REALLY pink, I thought maybe it'd still be ok. First off, what's with the half circle shapes? It really gets on my nerves. The applicator is too small to be useful, and the shape of the powder makes it hard to use any applicator, including a brush. The coverage is great at first, but after I do the rest of my makeup it seems like it fades, and I have to reapply before I leave, which is annoying. The finish is as pink as it looks in the container, and that's not an attractive face color. It doesn't last all day, so you have to reapply a few times to keep it looking nice. It ends up looking cakey as well. If you don't need much out of a foundation and you can find the right color, maybe this is worth a shot. Anyone else, try simply powder foundation.

on 1/6/2009 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i used this product all throughout high school. it was cheap, cute, covered my acne marks and acne completely, and complemented my skin tone. now that ive been out of high school for 4 years i still use this time after time. mostly for correction purposes. *edit* i just bought this again and im never straying. i love the beautiful matte look. i feel so confident wearing this hopefully there will be no breakout will update

on 11/28/2008 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used to have a huge problem finding foundations and powders light enough and cool enough for me. I tried everything - even high end - and it all left a line on my jaw or oxidized on my skin leaving me looking a gross orange. Finally bought this in Ivory 605 a last ditch attempt to find something that matched and wouldn't turn and I love it. I've been wearing this for the better part of a year and never had any problems at all. I wear this over Ivory 505 Clean Makeup Oil Control and it looks fantastic. Not too heavy, just smooth, perfectly matched skin. It never changes colors on me or leaves that telltale line that screams "I'm wearing foundation!" I set everything with a dusting of Fresh Look Pressed Powder in Translucent Fair 305. It sounds like a lot of makeup, but it doesn't look or feel heavy on me. It works, and I will continue to use.

on 10/1/2008 3:01:00 PM

I particularly like this product. It makes my face look fresh and stays that way all day without getting oily. Would purchase again, especially loved the price!

on 9/24/2008 11:25:00 PM

I agree with some of the reviews here that by itself, coverage is reduced to lightly evening out/softening the skin-tone, however, when used over a good liquid foundation, it works wonders. Use this over your normal liquid/creme foundation to set it and perfect your skin.

Often times a liquid foundation by itself can get greasy and start sliding by the middle of a hot summer day, that's why I use this as a light touch-up throughout the day to keep my make-up looking fresh.

on 9/20/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so the other day I went to Rite Aid at around 9:00 pm (beauty emergency, we've all done them at least once) and got this powder because I needed something that was cheap, has good coverage, and wouldn't make me break out. I need the good coverage since my previous Clinique pressed power made me break out like crazy -_- Right now is the first time I'm wearing this and it's, well, okay I guess. The coverage isn't all that great, but it's somewhat build able. It made the right side of my face kind of flaky even though I applied moisturizer earlier. The color is also a bit off (I got ivory), so I'm probably going to return it and get a new foundation. The only plus is that it hasn't broke me out. Yet again, I've only worn it once so far.

I love this product. I use it with cover girl trublend foundation. I brush it on after I put my foundation on. I keeps my skin from getting oily during the day and sets my foundation well.

on 8/18/2008 12:25:00 AM

Terrible color and coverage. It looked fake and too powdery. Foundation is suppose to cover any imperfections and even your skin to make you look completely natural. It's not suppose ot make you look like you have a mask on and this product def made me look that way. Worst part is with drug store make-up is that you cannot try anything on and compare colors to your skin. The colors here were hard to find since its off colored i nits packaging. Would never buy again.

I was very surprised when I saw this product had very low ratings. So I'm guessing it's a love or hate thing with this product. I have the Soft Honey one, but I might purchase a shade darker soon since Soft Honey is just a tad light for me. Cover Girl says this is a "powder foundation", but it's really just a pressed powder. I love it because it gives my skin a nice and clean feeling look. It never looks too caked on, even if I reapply during the day. You can use this by itself if you're in a rush and don't have time to apply foundation or with foundation for a finished look. That's my two cents, but I would read other reviews to see if it's for you.