January 29, 2015 | 1984 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions - VIP Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I have used this BB cream for five days in a row for upwards of eight hours at a time and I must report my skin looks fabulous when the product is removed. I have been using BB creams for quite a few months now (since fall of 2012), but have been jumping from product to product and have not used any one for several days in a row so no skin differences were detectable. I really do think this product has helped to even out my skin tone just enough that it is noticeable in just this short amount of time. Old acne scars have reduced in size and tone as well. I am super impressed given I did not expect the promised skin benefits to actually deliver.

I gave up using this BB during the colder months finding it was too dark for my complexion and getting a break out every time I used it (more on that later as the problem was averted!) but it seems perfect now that we are in warmer weather and my skin has (unfortunately) darkened slightly. I only opted to start using the Gold VIP as it is one of my older BBs and I wanted to use it up before it turned. Given its thinner texture I figured I would not be able to use it once the summer season hits in full force and high humidity and temperature begin. I figured this BB would slip off the skin, so I had planned to use the Gold up and then start using my Skin79 Hot Pink or Missha Perfect Cover which I have read from various sources stand up to tropical climates (so I am fairly positive they could withstand summer here in Toronto).

I would consider myself a BB cream veteran at this point, having tried quite a few. I will say this is one of the lighter feeling BBs that I have tried, it is also one of the more moisturizing options. It has lighter coverage too, it will help to cover redness (and apparently help to fade it too!) but wont cancel out blemishes or under eye darkness so concealer is still needed. Even though it can bring out dry patches on the skin, it does not emphasize fine lines or look cakey the way Skin79 Vital can (the one in the orange packaging) or Missha`s Signature Real can. Upon application there is a very noticeable grey tone to the product which does fade away after several minutes, thankfully. This product does have a scent. If you are used to western products the strength of the scent may come as a surprise and seem super strong, but compared to other Korean products it actually fairs quite light. As much as I love my Missha Perfect Cover the scent can be too overpowering, so Skin79 can be a break for the nose. The packaging is super cute and super sanitary. Nice! I wish more companies would make use of pumps! If you buy this product make sure to look on YouTube to learn how to take the package apart when it appears you are running out, turns out people are tossing away upwards of 50% of their product due the packaging.

Another important note: this product can cause some nasty pimples. It seemed every time I used either this or the Skin79 Hot Pink, Lovely Girl or Diamond BBs my skin would freak out the next day and I would be left with some nasty cysts that would take weeks to heal. Be sure to thoroughly remove it before heading to bed otherwise you risk some surprises in the morning. I find Clean and Clear's foaming makeup remover does a great job at removing this - nice, given it is cheaper and easier to find than products specifically marketed for the removal of BBs. Since using the Clean and Clear to remove the product at night I have not had another one of these nasty breakouts. My Spectro Gel followed by toner was simply not cutting it. My guess is the barrage of ingredients in these BBs can leave a residue on the skin, so thorough cleaning is a must.

I am giving this product 4/5 stars as I wish the tone was lighter, I wish the scent was not as strong (at least it is not as bad as some other BBs I have tried, I guess) and I don't like how this can lead to cystic breakouts if not removed properly. I understand products can lead to skin problems if not removed, but the breakouts this stuff has caused me in the past have been especially bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by sambear77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this BB cream. I have tried several different kinds, and this one is my favorite so far.

Pros: natural-looking coverage; blends well; lasts all day;

Cons: it comes out of the bottle a kind of greyish-beige color but it blends into your skin after a couple minutes; after about two weeks of use, the bottle clogged and I couldn't get any product out--I thought it was empty, but after setting it aside for a couple weeks, it started working again; can only use in spring/summer--my skin is too pale for this color in the winter; if you put it on over too much moisturizer, the color gets streaky;

Overall, I really like the product. The cons are just little things that I can live with, and I really just love the coverage. I hate looking like I have a ton of makeup caked on. This looks like my skin, only better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by lsyann

This is my first BB cream, and I appreciate the concerns with colour range. So far this seems to be similar to a tinted moisturiser with powder added.

Most foundations oxidise on my skin, regardless of coverage or cost, so I'm happy to focus on texture and nutritional benefits when it comes to make-up. Mixing with a darker runnier foundation, or finishing with a skin-matched mineral powder helps.

As with most Korean BB creams, this is super cheap. I prefer the tube to the pump as you can cut it up to get several more uses out of it (need to cling wrap it to prevent drying out).

As I'm in my 30s I still need a moisturiser, but the thicker formula suits me better than liquid foundations and the SPF is often higher than we can get in Australia. The SPF would be the primary skin whitener here, I'm not confident that there is enough arbutin to make a difference.

I'd be keen to try some of the BB creams with shimmer.

PROs
- cheap
- smooth texture
- high SPF

CONs
- has talc which can catch on dry skin
- application methods involces 'patting' which suggests it is prone to caking
- very limited colour range

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by angelababyT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it made me look ashy after applying it and i could not make it work despite trying on different primer and mixing it with other colours, i guess some will love it but it dint suit me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleyyxbabyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchaeed this product 5 times, I love it and will continue to repurchase it always!

I first bought the set 4 mini sized bb creams in the skin79 set. I liked the pink one but this one is just so much more moisturising which is perfect for my dry skin. The other two, pearl and dismond if i recall correctly, were way too shimmery!

I use it daily under my foundation. I first apply my Nivea soy complex day creme and Avene eye cream. I the brush my teeth to give this time to sink in. Then I apply this BB cream and directly on top my Estée Laudet Double Wear foundation. It gives me high coverage and a smooth finish... My makeup also stays all day with minimal creasing into fine lines and it's all because of this BB cream!

I don't have the problem with the colour as I a very fair NC15 - NC20 and it just sinks into my skin,not making it any lighter or darker.

I gave the product a low score for packaging as the bottle is terrible for travelling with and I have to pump it into a small screw top jar. The bottle is cute and perfect for everyday use, it just needs to be more secure for travel.

I will forever repurchase this to use as a makeup base/primer. I very rarely go without makeup but when I do I still wear this. HG for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxodimpy

I love this BB cream! Easy to blend and has a dewy finish. What I do is, I apply it all over my face then I wait for appx 5mins before lightly patting my fave (Sephora) foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by sunwarrior

I was really hoping this BB cream would be "it" for me! I am SUPER pale, so I could only imagine that it would be perfect and blend seamlessly.

First of all, I went through all the necessary precautions to make sure the one I bought on amazon was real. After being about 98% sure, I finally tried it. Now, I am probably as pale as someone gets. Like, the not so pretty kind of pale where you kind of look dead. I am also 3/4 caucasian and 1/4 asian and seem to have taken on a more olivey than pink skintone. This BB cream was EXTREMELY pink on me, and it looked like I had pregnancy mask on my face. HORRIBLE look. Aside from that, even with a light hand, the BB cream looked caked on, no matter how many ways I tried to put it on. It would not blend in because it was so pink against my neck that it looked like someone photoshopped a different head onto my body. I guess, needless to say, I will not buy again. Especially considering the hassle with so many asian products that you always have to try to figure out if they're fake.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by kairifinley

I have dry skin and a very large pores on my nose and this covers everything perfectly! It doesn't feel gross to put on either and it last almost all day! I love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Calluna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great bb cream. It has spf, moisture, and a light buildable coverage. It also claims to have wrinkle improvement and skin whitening propertys, but I haven't seen much of that in the few months I've been using this. It does have a bit of moisture, but I'd still recommend using a moisturiser underneath this. I really do like this BB cream, it hasn't broken me out, and even though it looks kind of greyish, it oxidizes to my skin tone perfectly. The reason I took off 2 lippies was the packaging and the coverage.

The coverage is pretty light, and I wish it was a bit fuller, but BB creams are supposed to be more light weight. That's not why I took off a lippy. It did not work with my concealers. AT ALL! Whenever i used my undereye concealer (rimmel match perfection), it woukd kind of crease up, and wouldn't let me blend the concealer in. It just sat there like creasy panda eyes. The second lippy got revoked because my pump broke. I didn't even drop it or anything! Itjust pumped out less and less product each time, until it just stopped. I tried to see if it was clogged or something by opening up the bottle (use a bobby pin to push the little hole at the bottom of the bottle. It should just pop up), but the flat little pump thing seemed fine. I'm pretty upset by this cuz I still have A LOT of product left in the bottle, that I now have to get out with a finger or something. So not sanitary:(.

I got mine off prettyandcute.com. I heard a lot of people got theirs off ebay, and there's a lot of fakes there. A few ways to check if you got the right one is if the BB cream is kind of greyish when you pump it out, and if there's a little code at the bottom of the bottle. Also, open up the bottle, and the pump inside shouldn't be a long straw, like in the spray bottles. It should be more flat and small.

Hope i helped and good luck with your BB cream. Try not to break it 'sigh'

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by aiviloolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm just reaching the end of my first bottle of this, and I have loved it so much.
I read that it was great for dryer skins and bought it when I had very very dry skin (due to acne treatments), since all other foundations would go flakey. It didn't ever highlight my dry patches, and was super moisturizing. I've since stopped using my acne treatment fash wash that dried it out, and my skin has become more combination/normal, but this still looks flawless on.
The coverage is light initially, but you can build it to a medium because it never cakes. It is super easy to blend, and makes my pores look smaller.
It has a very dewy finish, so I usually just set it with powder, and then it lasts all day.

I'm very fair, I think an NC15, and this matches my skin perfectly, although it matches it just as well even when I'm more tan, which I love.

My only con would be the pump not allowing you to see how much is left, so it's a bit of a guessing game there. But other than that I really love this BB cream!