November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This msf is so gorgeous in the pan, a lovely purple, pink gold highlighter. I had to get this since it was LE and so beautiful. I have one other msf, soft and gentle, so I didn't feel too bad about getting another to add to my small collection. This comes out silvery/pink glow to your cheeks. It is expensive, in my opinion, $32.50 cad on the mac site. But I think it will last forever and makes me happy looking at it and applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by DontDropTheSoap

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I ordered this online from MAC since my MAC counter didnt have any left, so i was risking not getting any pretty pattern ;[ Mine came with a nice mix of purple,orange,white,pink. I wanted more purple in it, but oh well. This MSF is not glittery, but really nice & shimmery (i apply a lot of it) It reflects pinkish/white, which is really unique. Im sad that this is LE, like all the other good MSFs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by vearl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous highlighter! Finally a finely milled MSF--no big chunks of glitter. I bought this to replace the Soft & Gentle MSF that I have swapped away (just way too much glitter for my liking), and this instantly becomes my HG highlighter. It creates this silvery-whitish-pinkish sheen, and at the same time gives my face an airbrushed and photoshoped effect. Plus the swirly lavender color is just too pretty to not have it. Definitely recommend it if someone is looking for a natural highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

MEH! On my lighter-than-NC-15 complexion, Perfect Topping has a hard time showing up. It looks really pretty in it's container, but once applied I barely see any difference. I've altered my application techniques to try to get this to work; alas nothing has been able to do the job. BOO! ;<

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pilaras

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

normally, alls MSF are darker for me, like so ceylon, very pink (petitcoat) or only gold shimmer. P.topping is neutral, it's like iridiscent-highlighter. For example, albatross of nars is only golden shimmer (milled very fine, yes).
    Pretty glow in my cheeks, over the blush. I put it every day, for working.
    The price is nice, 25 euros, and there is a lot amount.
    for reference, I'm NW20 with dark eyes and hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lastoneout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I tried this on top of Alpha Girl Beauty Powder, and NOW WE HAVE A WINNER! It's heaven!

I was most excited about Perfect Topping when the Sugarsweet collection came out. I rushed over to pick one up, and after all the excitement, I was mildly let down. My MSF has lots of lavender swirls mixed with some bronze and peach. The texture is incredible, smooth, just like Lightscapade. But the color itself didn't really do much for me. I've been trying it out with different beauty powders and blushes, trying to get the right combination. The MSF itself leaves a light peachy pink sheen on my skin, but nothing to write home about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i wasn't expecting to buy this, but when i was at my mac counter recently i was like eh what the hell and i asked if it was still in stock. it was, so i bought it.

mine has a pretty equal amount of all the colors, and i really like it. i was nervous it would show up super purple on me because of the lavender veining, but not at all. it's just a really pretty soft glow to my skin. i use it with a giant fluffy powder brush on my cheeks and up into my temples and i've gotten compliments on my skin lately.

i have large pores and some pick axe scarring from acne when i was a teenager and this doesn't settle or accentuate them whatsoever, which i was really happy about.

also, this has been compared to nars albatross. i own that one as well, and imo, they're totally different. albatross is very golden whereas this is more of a pinky shimmer, and i prefer this one very much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

Dewy is the word. Not frosty/sparkly. I prefer to use this on my cheekbones and browbones, as its not OTT and gives me a fresh glow. However I prefer to use this with a matt blush, otherwise it would be alittle much.
    The colors will vary, and mine seems to have more bronze and peach with tiny bit of lavender. Even though I'm very fair I don't think its enough to use as a blush.
    I use this almost every day, and I'm glad I decided to go for it before they were all gone!
    This is my first MSF, and they never sparked my interest before this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Lollyspog

I've always tried to be a fan of MAC MSF's but found them too shimmery and more like a bronzing product than anything. That was......until I got my hands on Perfect Topping from the Sugar Sweet Collection! I LOVE this and use it every day as a face highlighter above the cheekbones, on the nose and chin and around the temples and forehead! It's not as shimmery as the other MSF's and it's beautiful on my NC30 skin. It creates a dewy look to my skin and the light reflects off it perfectly. I HEART this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this online along with my refined MSF and my faorite of the two has to be the refined. So weird because I'm more of a pink gal but I guess this spring/ summer I will be into the bronzy colors =O)
    Perfect topping would have been my fav. if it had a lot more of that baby pink and lavender veining in it I would be happier. Still it looks beautiful with my rosey blushes my fav. blushes to use are Nars' Desire and MAC Mocha, Pink Swoon, and Well dressed.