April 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

This irritated my skin badly.
I think I'm just better off spot-treating blemishes.
Ouch!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MeganMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I work at TBS & have never had the best skin. Finally, after almost a year & half of being with the company I finally relented & tried it.

It's the best thing that's ever happened to my skin. It completely cleared me up. I get maybe two breakouts at the most a month now & it's typically just one small pimple. Due to being pregnant now, my hormones are flipping out but I loove the Seaweed Line.

Can't really comment on the price however, with my discount I don't pay much. However, if I weren't an Employee & didn't get my Employee Discount, I'd still dish out $10 for it .. plus even as an Employee I have an LYB .. so it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Melavigne

I have been using this since year 2004.My first ever product bought frm Body Shop. I have used up 3 tube. It wash away make up pretty good, better than their whitening line( not on waterproof-mascara). Overall , its quite a good cleanser, not too expensive. However I might not repurchase as there are so many cleanser in the market and wish to try as much as possible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by wonderfulcow

Ufortunately, I didn't enjoy using this product at all. I have combination skin, after I used this product, my T-Zone remained pretty "slippery" when I roll my finger on the skin. Same with the rest of my face - I don't think this cleanser doesn't really 'deep cleans' my skin... It didn't dry my skin up though.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2006 7:12:00 AM More reviews by stripteased

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

a generally blah product. it smells okay, cleans okay, buo I can get the same from a drugstore product for cheaper. I wanted to love it, but I just can't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, basic face wash for oily and combination skins. It lathers and cleans well without drying my skin and leaves it feeling very soft and clean. I like the fresh seaweed/herbal scent of this product and the tube packaging is great for travel. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Laura_Iandoli

I think that people need to keep in mind that this is for COMBINATION skin. Most of the complaints I've read have been from people with either dry or oily skin. For oily skin, The Body Shop recommends that you use the tea tree line, and for dry skin, try the camomile line (being replaced by the new aloe line soon).

I have combination skin and it's nice to finally have a product that works for my skin. When I use gentler cleansers, I get pimples. When I use cleansers for oily skin, it gets rid of the pimples but my face is dry and painful. This cleanses great and at the same time doesn't strip my skin. Afterwards I apply a 5% benzoyle cream to my T-zone and a moisturizer to the rest of my face. This is the solution that's worked for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by elphinstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this soap-free cleanser cleanses my face gently yet effectively. since using this, my t-zone is less oily, and alot of my oil seeds are gone. not sure if this alone helped as i'm using the entire seaweed range (cleanser, toner and moisturizer). the scent is very refreshing and light... i simply love it to bits. may be abit drying sometimes, but i just dab on a generous dose of moisturizer after that, and the tight feeling will be gone. will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by leila12

I'm on my 4th tube of this stuff - I have pretty oily skin and have been known to use sheets and sheets of oil blotting papers in the past. Since I started using this product, my oiliness has improved dramatically..I only need to apply powder a few times a day! I love this stuff..it's a little drying, but with a little moisturizer applied after use, it's become my HG facewash. ETA: this product has quit on me...I've broken out in little white bumps and my skin is red and angry. What happened??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is pretty average. i got it in a swap so i can not truly comment on cost, however it is just okay... i much prefer a clay based cleanser for my ultra oily skin, so perhaps this is fine for people with normal skin, but for me, it left my face feeling no different, not tingly and clean, which is what i like. the scent is a bit artificial which i do not like. it is just a green gel that does an okay job, i would not buy this, nor would i recommend it to others. glad it was a swap thing, as i am going to re-list it for someone else to try.