Unrefined Shea Butter

4.5

Shea buttah.

on 5/7/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Pale creamy yellow unrefined shea butter. Smells like licorice, but fades on skin. I just got mine from www.coastalscents.com, 1 pound $8.49 with shipping $18.09. I immediately transferred some to a small jar and put the rest in my closet.Then I put it on my feet and I must say, my hands and feet now feel like silk from all the rubbing!It soaked right in. I'm glad the licorice scent faded. Very greasy but it absorbs, a little goes a long way, melt a bit in palms before applying.I've never had unrefined shea butter before, just the white unscented kind from L'Occitane, but this is interesting!

on 5/1/2009 5:25:00 PM

This is good stuff! It's currently being used as: my night eye cream, heel cream, eczema treatment for my baby girl, hand cream...the uses are endless! Shea butter is good for scars and dry skin. It will not clog pores but can be very healing and soothing. It IS thick and must be rubbed on palms to melt and be smooth, but it's worth it.

Unrefined shea butter can be bought in many places. Check and make sure it is 100% and unrefined. It can be bought fairly cheaply on ebay by the pound. Usually it will come in a bag or box. You'll wanna take a bit out and put it in a small container and store the rest in a cool, dark location. I reused a powder jar; washed it clean and filled it up with shea butter. Now I can take it with me and it doesn't look crazy (crazy lady carrying around a 1 lb bag of white crumbly solid stuff)

I initially got it for my heels, which were so rough and cracked that they were snagging my sheets and I couldn't pull up hose w/out tearing them! Now they are pretty smooth (not perfect...I don't exfoliate them...if I did, they probably would bed perfect)...but they don't have any cracks and I'm not embarrassed to show them.

Try it...you'll like it!

on 4/21/2009 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

After not appreciating my skin it turned dull. I'm trying to recop it and heard about shea butter and wow!!! It does work. The price is awesome Nd it does the job. My skin is looking so much better.

I did hate the smell so I got a recipe only and whipped it to a body butter and Iove it

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this product and will continue to invest in unrefined shea butter for the rest of my life. I purchase the SB from www.coastalscents.com or www.unrefinedsheabutter.com (The suppliers are the same). Current I pay around $11 with shipping and handling for a pound of SB that last me 3-4 months and I use this product on my skin and in my hair. It does wonders for moisturizing!! The smell is odd but fades very quickly and now I am use to it. It soaks into my skin and soaks into my hair without leaving it feeling greasy or heavy. It is perfect!! Shea butter has also helped my son's eczema also and has helped me retain length while growing out my hair.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure