Philosophy unconditional love

3.8

sd alcohol 40b (alcohol denat.), fragrance/parfum, water/aqua/eau, benzophenone-3, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, ethylhexyl salicylate, benzyl salicylate, citral, geraniol, hydroxycitronellol, limonene, blue 1 (ci 42090), red 33 (ci 17200).

on 4/30/2009 2:26:00 PM

a combination of stella and falling in love is right on the mark.i've been trying to figure out what is so familiar about this scent (other than the falling in love).it is stella!i love stella but there's something kind of off about it on me and i love falling in love as well but it was always too sweet.this smells frigging can't stop smelling myself good on me!!!yay:)

on 4/26/2009 7:11:00 PM

At last! Philosophy seems to have finally moved from the safe, boring, I'm-so-bloody-pc world of Baby-Johnson-type frags to something more like grown up perfume. I like this scent very much. I smell the vanilla, but it's not the annoying candy-floss type. Very nice, very yummy. I will see how long it lasts before I give it 5 lippies.

on 4/17/2009 5:10:00 PM

I'd never tried a fragrance from Philosophy before picking this up, but I always try to catch the QVC presentations of this line and had been curious to try a fragrance. When this was launched on QVC, they had a limited edition bottle. Me, being the LE-addict I am, had to buy it. Besides, I can always return it, right?

I don't need to return - I really like this stuff. Blackberry, vanilla and a little je ne c'est quoi round out this scent - and it doesn't smell like a perfume. It's one of those nice, laid-back scents that isn't nose-assaulting. I think people must assume it's just the way I smell, and my husband hasn't said "I like that perfume," but he has noticed the scent (the only way I know this is because he asked me if we had any blackberries once when I had just put this on - isn't that a weird thing to ask? Especially since it's no where near blackberry season).

Overall, I like this. I don't have Falling in Love to compare with, but from everything I've heard, you probably don't need both - they're supposidely very similar. If you have neither, I guess it doesn't matter which one you have. I like this one, and will repurchase when I run out.

on 4/16/2009 10:46:00 PM

Doesn't this smelll like Escada's Moon Sparkle? I love them both but if you wanna save some money then try Escada's if you can find it at a good price. I found mine at Marshall's for around $20 dollars for the 1 oz. version. I like the smell of berries and vanilla so I even purchased the lotion at Bath and Bodyworks, their Blackberry Vanilla scent. They have very similar profiles I believe.

on 4/15/2009 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This smells like a "stronger" version of Falling in Love. I say "stronger" b/c none of the Philosophy scents are strong in concentration, but Unconditional Love did last longer on me and wasn't as half-hearted or watery-smelling as Falling in Love does when I wear it (the main reason I wouldn't repurchase Falling in Love). It's a comforting, snuggly, sniff-your-own-skin scent and b/c I can wear it better than its predecessor and b/c it seems to like me, I would repurchase. Addendum: Gee, it sure would make it easier if I actually described the scent itself instead of just comparing it to another, wouldn't it? Here goes: blackberries mixed w/ a subtle vanilla, light musk sans any animalistic or body odor undertones, sun-warmed skin, maybe the tiniest hint of cotton candy (but not too sweet). Sometimes I think I can smell the faintest bit of...an ice cream soda maybe? There's not a lot of fizz to this, just the ghost of some. Anyway, I hope that was a helpful description and not too wannabe poet of me.

on 4/13/2009 4:59:00 PM

To me this smells like sweetened blackberries blended with Philosophy's Falling in Love. Not a strong or long lasting scent. It is really more like a body mist/splash than a fragrance.

on 4/8/2009 11:18:00 PM

I HAVE NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR THIS PERFUME!!!! 60% falling in love with 40% Stella .... very sexy, sophisticated and unique. The best part about it, is that last all day and night!! love it!

on 3/23/2009 5:05:00 PM

I love this scent - to me, it smells like 60-70% Falling in Love, and 30-40% Stella. It's less juicy than the original FIL - it has more floral to it, like peony or a fresh rose scent.

Super pretty, and the lotion is very true to the scent, unlike FIL (the FIL lotion is excessively musky and smells very little like the fragrance, to my sniffer).

My only gripe, as with all of the Philosophy sprays, is that it's basically a body splash dressed up as a perfume. So, if you are ok with that going in, you won't be dissapointed in them.

on 3/11/2009 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually bought three bottles of this stuff! I love it! It had me at the first spray. It smells a liitle like Falling in Love but a sexier version of it.

Truth be told I bought three bottles not only b/c itís supposed to be a LE but b/c Philosophy scents have poor lasting power-seriously I find myself spraying this at least a few times a day-luckily itís not an overpowering scent.

This scent I would even say is a more grown up version of Falling in Love. The sweetness is still there but itís more on the muskier side.

The quote on the bottle and packaging is very lovely and for me made me love the scent even more. My husband loves it and he says it smells sweet but not like candy more like a berry mixed with sugar.

I gave it 4 lippies b/c the staying power is just not there.

UPDATE 3/23/09: I just bought the new philosophy unconditional love perfumed firming body lotion to layer with the fragrance and it did help the scent linger a little longer but if you weren't literally smelling my skin then you still wouldn't smell the UL :( So all in all it's more of a skin scent than anything else.

Brand new fragrance from Philosophy. Preliminary review: smells like falling in love with licorice and more berries added. Similar to Lolita Lempicka but not syrupy sweet, also reminds me of Chantal Thomass.

Popular Fragrances