Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/4/2013 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After browsing through Sephora and looking for a new concealer I have found my new everyday essential. Frankly, this concealer meets all my needs and I could not be happier with my purchase. When I was at Sephora I was actually debating between two products: MUF and Kat Von D concealers; because I was about to leave for a vacation in Mexico and was hopping to find something that had a nice full coverage and would be decently weather resistant.

As some background information, I have bad skin. I don't want to say terrible or horrible because I have seen worse. but my skin has seen its fair share of acne and breakouts. Today mostly I have scars all over my face; on my chin, forehead, nose.... etc and concealer is a must for me to hide these scars. Prior to my purchase I was a loyal user of the Mac Studio Fix Concealer - the product was a bit too thick for my liking but it did the job when it came to coverage.

Pros and Cons:

Pros - It's fairly priced for a concealer, around 30$ CAN for 17 mL. It offers a full coverage (yes that's right full), and can has a formula thin enough that it can be used as an under eye concealer as well (this basically sealed the deal for me, because its multipurpose essentially). I used this concealer every day in Mexico, and it is fairly weather resistant... I rarely had to do retouches throughout the day. The concealer also has a light formula, so my face does not feel cakey at all. The packaging is fairly good as well.... a plastic squeezable tube; an improvement from the MAC Studio Fix Concealer I was using in the past. (Be sure to always tighten the lid, if you don't product will be wasted!)

Cons - I really wish this was water proof..... but I guess you can't find something with everything you want.

I found that application with this product is great with the BeautyBlender sponge! It blends smoothly with your fingers as well. A little goes a long way, so I'm thinking this product will last me well into October if I'm lucky!

This will probably be my go to concealer for the next little while! Will be repurchasing and recommending for sure!

on 7/25/2013 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this! I'm the lightest shade FYI. It literally covers everything with one use. This is my HG concealer I will never buy anything else!

NC25 in MAC and l use a 22 for my under eyes. The texture is so thick a little goes a long way. I would dab this under my eyes and a scar l have on my shoulder lol. Its pretty good, l would but it again only cause it last all day wont fade or "melt" off

on 7/24/2013 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This concealer is okay.
Not good, OKAY.

My sister asked me tonight what was "wrong" with under my eyes. I look into the mirror and my concealer had patches in it and was flaking all over.

I have used this concealer for many months now and it is always flakey all over my skin. I set it with a translucent powder and after 4 hours+ it is peeling off all over me. How embarrassing!

Great amount for about $28. I know some other concealers cost the same price and have less than half the amount this Tattoo Concealer comes with!

EDIT-

I've been using the SAME concealer for my face and it's been over 1 year. Amazing how much you get in this tube!! I find that this concealer works best on the face and NOT under the eyes. Also works best over LIQUID foundation and not powder. Before, I was using power foundation and I believe thats why it appeared flakey on my skin.

on 6/24/2013 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So forget about this lady and her affair with a married man and move on... IMO, this concealer is a keeper by all means. I used to love MUFE Full Cover but then I discovered Sephora's concealer which was much cheaper and remained on my skin the whole day. The only negative about Sephora's was the color selection. The shades were either too light or too yellow. In comparison, the color selection, especially for medium, is excellent. Not too yellow, not too light or dark. I am almost NC30 to NC35 but not as yellow. I picked no. 26, which is the perfect match. I also love the texture of this concealer. It is so blendable. Now here is the best part: I can use this as a foundation. If you use very little of this, it is better than full coverage foundations without looking cakey. It stays in for many many hours without looking greasy. My face is pretty oily and this is one of the few foundations that lasts on me. And last, but not least, it is water-resistant. Love this!

on 6/24/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff feels very heavy on the skin, and looks that way too. Do not like!

on 6/14/2013 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Coverage was alright, pretty good. I highly doubt this would cover a tattoo though. My main problem with this concealer was that after I put it on my skin, it would oxidize like crazy, and nothing usually does that. I'd do my full face and then later in the day notice a big blotch of darker skin on my cheek (where I put the concealer) and would rush like crazy and try to blend it out with my finger. I much much prefer Boing by Benefit, the coverage of that is better as well. I don't know, I just wanted to have at a liquid concealer, may look better throughout the day. I've heard good things about MACs prolongwear concealer, might try that next, but honestly Benefits Boing is sooooo good idk if I need to

on 6/9/2013 2:30:00 PM

Definitely does cover, but it does not have coverage like the foundation. The foundation is however very thick but great coverage. I was expecting this to have good coverage but it is okay, it is very oily and feels sticky throughout the wear. I also feel I does not last. Once you apply a foundation it goes away! It works for my undereyes and that's about it.

on 6/6/2013 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My friends swear by this product but I did not find anything really special about it. The shade was suitable for my skin tone but the staying power is not great. I had to reapply this at least 4 times around my under dark eye circles and blemishes throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am the concealer queen - let's just put it like that. I have tried the best of the best concealers Mac Studio Finish, Sheer Cover, NYX Hd Concealer Wand, Hard Candy Glamoflauge, Sonia Kashuk, etc etc etc. My personal Holy Grail is MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer. It truly is amazing, especially for under eye circles because it doesn't crease. This is def my second HG concealer. I love Kat Von D's Lock It foundation; it's my new Holy Grail. This concealer is really fantastic. It is so creamy and moist. It doesn't have as much coverage as my Prolong Wear Concealer (I'd consider that a full coverage concealer) and even though the Tattoo Concealer is supposed to cover tattoos I'd say it's only medium buildable to full coverage. I love that it's creamy because it doesn't cake up over dry skin and acne. I also can use this as a foundation! When I'm out doing stuff and I don't have time to do my foundation I can slap this on literally blend it with my fingers and my skin looks really good. Granted, it's not flawless like with the Kat Von D foundation but it's much better than my natural skin and covers up all my acne - considering it IS a concealer. I couldn't really do that with MAC's Studio Finish Concealer because it's so thick. I really love this stuff! It's definitely my top 2nd concealer of all time. I am an NC25ish maybe on the darker side of NC-20 and I use Light 18 (I also wear L 48 in the Lock It Kat Von D foundation). Bottom line is, this concealer is amazing. It has multiple uses and is very long lasting. :) I wore it ALONE, without any powder while I was sweating my ass off in 90 degree weather while it was extremely humid outside and my skin was barely sweaty and not shiny at all. I barely patted my nose dry with a kleenex and it looked perfectly matte! This stuff rocks.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products