November 24, 2014 | 1986 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by jaytothehay

I got this as a sample from Sephora. and at first I just wanted to use it as a highlighter- was not a good idea...it seeped right into my pores and lines. gross!
-But then as I usually have a few zits on my face, and def red bloches. I used this under my makeup. I just put a little right on top the spots that need it let it sit for a few minutes-usually do my hair.. -then just dab it a bit with my finger. Then put my foundation on top of it. and it totally stays in place and gives me the best coverage I have ever seen a concealer give. I will be buying myself a tube! -once my sample is gone :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I used this for a few months before switching to MUFE HD concealer and let me just say that WOW.. so glad I switched. This concealer is SUPER full coverage.. and unless you need it for that, do NOT buy this. I love full coverage makeup, but this was a little too thick for my liking. It does not glide, it cakes by the end of the day, in the tube if you do not use it within a few months it gets icky - runny and seperated.. just not a great concealer. If you are looking to really cover something up and for something that will last all day.. try MUFE HD concealer - it's my go to and never runs, cakes, etc.
I find the Kat Von D to just be cheap.. not something I would repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I had went to Sephora months ago. I bought a Lorac foundation and was given a bit of this in a sample container (a little pot; they gave me a ton). I had wanted to try it out because I have dark circles and no concealer by far has fully covered them up. I'd love to find that concealer and buy cases of it. I think it's a completely fictional product though.

Anyways, onto the concealer. I tried many ways to use this. One Youtube guru mentioned taking concealer, such as this, mixing it with a moisturizer and making a weird tinted moisturizer out of it. I thought "hey I could try that with this!" and I broke out in acne all over the place. I did try using it to cover acne and it gets cakey. Around my nose, to cover capillaries, it gets cakey. To cover broken capillaries to the right of my mouth (there's 3 lines I don't know what's going on there but I cover it) and using it there it caked horribly. Now I try to use ever so little but it doesn't cover. When I get to an amount that covers. It cakes. I tried it under my eyes and it caked. I tried mixing it with a serum to use under my eyes (thinking it might work) and it caked. I seriously could not get this POS to work for me where it wouldn't cake.

Now I'm sure someone else got it to work for them. It's that just about every liquid product out there cakes on my face (yes I have tried many a things- various primers & moisturizers).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually walk straight past the Kat von D setup at Sephora--makeup from a super-intimidating tattoo-lady with a highly questionable taste in men? No, thank you. Well, I'm here to tell you that I was an idiot. As is the case for every concealer review I've done on here, I've been on the hunt for something to cover the remnants of the post-college god-awful hormonal breakout that basically ruined the skin on my cheeks for two solid years. I found a fairly decent concealer from Make Up Forever, but was open to trying new things. The SA recommended this one, and I tried to talk her down. Again, I'm an idiot. But then she applied a little to my face, I looked in the mirror, and...oh. My skin looked even and smooth. It blended perfectly, even though she only used a little bit. I left and came back, because two hours later, it still looked fresh and perfect. Well, then. I was sold.

I'd say that this is mediium-to-full coverage (I don't think it would actually be successful if you wanted to cover a tattoo). I usually wear it over my Laura Mercier primer/Silk Creme Foundation mix, but I'd say that it does pretty well on its own as well. The consistency is pretty liquid, but it dries to a velvety finish, which is nice and a bit forgiving when your skin is a little dry. Its consistency and scent remind me of Rimmel's primer. You really only need a tiny bit to do your face (note: I don't use this under my eyes, as I prefer my Clinique All About Eyes concealer for that, as it's more brightening and I need that). I set it with Clinique powder and it stays all day--no touch-ups. It's in a tube, which is nice. My one complaint is totally not its fault, but as a word of warning--Sephora sells out of this stuff fast (both of the ones I go to in NYC have little signs on the display, saying that they have an email list where they'll send you a message to let you know that they have your shade in). So, if you're like me and NEED your concealer every day, I'd recommend stocking up well in advance of your tube running out. Price is a bit high, but the tube lasts a very long time, and, well, there are so many bad concealers out there that I don't really mind paying a bit extra for a good one.

So, lesson learned: do not judge makeup brands by their covers. And this might actually be the best concealer I've ever used.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by emmaamarie

In my opinion this is the best concealer I've ever used, along with bare minerals correcting concealer. it's 25$, so pretty expensive but it's worth It. it's packaging is wonderful, just In a little tube and the amount of product it comes with is great. I use the smallest amount ever and with a damp makeup sponge I get the best coverage. I just put the tiniest amount on the back of my hand and take my makeup sponge and apply it to all my pimples, under my eyes and down the center of my nose. I'd deffinetly buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

So glad I got a sample from Sephora before purchasing this. Saw several wonderful reviews on this and was very disappointed with the coverage of this concealer. Maybe I need to try it more, but I wouldn't repurchase this. I bought the Kat Von D lock-it foundation and discovered I don't need concealer at all, for it is so pigmented. If you plan on purchasing the foundation, you don't need the concealer. The fdtn is pretty much a two-in-one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best concealer I've ever used. I love how liquid it is; a TINY bit goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by LostInWonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my personal jesus <3 covers everything and blends with my skin tone perfectly! Too expensive and i had to cut the packaging open to scrape up the last of it, but it's all so extremely worth it to hide my acne, scars, and discoloration. Great noticeable difference!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by maybom

Really good coverage! Squeeze tube keeps the unused product clean, opaque but blendable and buildable coverage, good color selection for medium toned skin, doesn't flake or migrate on my oily skin. I bought this to cover my old zit scars and it's near perfect; covers the red/dark brown spots. Looks natural. Price is hefty - CDN $30 for the small size - but I think it's worth it and for the small amount I use daily, I can see it lasting awhile. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! If you are looking for a natural, flawless skin look, use two tiny dots of this, mix it with a little bit of moisturizer and apply all over. I use a MAC 188 brush. In the case of any small spots, I just use a little to cover and am done! I do have dry skin so I don't use powder on top.

This has been my daily routine for a few weeks now and get so many compliments on my skin. And if you are only using two small dots a day, this little tube will go a very long way.