April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DianneKitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing!!!! Thank you ladies!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I was in middle school, my best friend introduced me to this product like she was showing me the real Holy Grail. Turns out, she kind of was. People who are blessed with super moisturized lips might not know how important lip balm actually is, but it's CRUCIAL for New York's dry winters! Bonus: I hate glosses and lipsticks (it's taken me a quarter century to realize that), and a good balm makes an excellent replacement for sticky, goopy and icky lip stuff. And, as we all know, a good balm is hard to find.

Palmer's cocoa butter stick is absolutely amazing. It is hands down the best balm in the universe. It smells like a pacific paradise, it comes in a soothingly large white tube (people who aren't in the know think that you might be glue-sticking your lips shut, but the product is worth the teasing), and it is big enough to cover a lot of ground. I've used it for elbows, hands, and other parts of my face when necessary. Palmer's really gets the job done.

My only problem is that the packaging can get kind of dirty, which makes the balm unpleasant to use (that's when I throw it out or pawn it off to my fiance), but it's a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of the greatness of the product.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by theotherworldly

I love how it smells like white chocolate but this is not as safe as it seems. It contained chemical sunscreen - Octinoxate if I remember rightly - and upon application my skin had an unbearable itch, which even after wiping it off it continued to itch and I really felt like scratching my lips off. No go here. Watch out if you're allergic.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by ananthia

I bought this product overseas when i left my usual balm

and I was stunned with this dirty cheap cocoa butter lipbalm;)
But when i returned to my tropical country,,this balm its just okay..
doesnt last long&just an hour my lips get dry:(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

If you want soft lips, elbows, knees etc. then I highly recommend you try this product!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome lip balm! I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this. Super cheap for a huge chunky tube that will last forever. It has a delicious white chocolate scent but no taste. Feels very soothing no matter how dry my lips are and leaves a nice, natural sheen. Love it and highly recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good to have - a basic lip balm. Not waxy. Good scent. I put it on before bed. It doesn't do anything fancy, just keeps lips moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this after seeing all the positive reviews for it, and it's great for the winter. My lips got really dry and chapped this winter, and they hurt a lot. I tried a number of treatments- Neosporin lip health, blistex medicated, burt's bees, carmex, vaseline and more but this was the only thing that actually worked for me. I've used it for about a week now, and my lips are back to normal after almost a month of torture.
I thought it would be gooey and sticky, it goes on evenly and does not leave a greasy shine, which is how I like it. It feels very light on my skin. A thin layer lasts me hours and I don't have to keep reapplying it. I've used it a couple times on my nose when I've been outdoors (it's really windy where I live and my skin gets dry and chapped) and I haven't broken out, so that's another benefit.
The stick is huge and it is a little hard to apply around the corners of the mouth, so I have to use my fingers to massage it in. It doesn't leave greasy residue, though, so I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a cheap, long lasting balm for a while now, and I think I finally found it! I used to use Carmex religiously, but it wore off too quickly and it was so greasy and shiny I couldn't wear it outside of the house. :(

I picked this up because the price was right and I like balms in oversized tubes, but the product itself is awesome! Like everyone else says, it smells SO good...everybody says it smells like chocolate, but for some reason I get marshmallow. :P And it isn't crazy shiny! I think this will be one of the few balms I use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by 123Ash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a long time, after a friend introduced me to it.
I am in love with the smell and the formula. Keeps my lips super soft and moisturized. Price is great, and lasts a long time! I have tried other balms and always find myself going back to this one.