December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Aily

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It smells great and makes your lips soft without feeling sticky or anything. I've never seen it on sale in Canada, which is sad, so I pick it up when I see it in the States, it's something like $3.50. Totally worth it, The only downside is that people always feel the need to comment on how it looks like you're rubbing a gluestick on your lips...ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love, love, love this product! It's my HG lip balm; the only moisturizer that protects against New England winters. I keep a stick in every coat pocket and handbag. A little more expensive than your stadard chapstick, but absolutely worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This dried every bit of skin on my lips after 3 hours. This feels like a failed copy of Badger's organic cocoa butter lipbalms. I love those ones and they are a staple for me and my BF. IMO, the formulation of this is much sub-par compared to the smooth formulation of Badger's.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I use it every night. It has helped my forehead wrinkles. I put it on areas that I feel need it or are wrinkle prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by CarlyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG lip balm! It's so moisturizing and smells great, like vanilla :) It's huge, so even for a lip balm addict like me, it lasts a very long time. I'll repurchase this as long as they make it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Update 1/5/12,
Still love this! This summer I got a massive tub of Palmer Cocoa Butter (I find it works well over just applied dark self tanners, to help them blend and not make me look dipped haphazardly in paint!) but still missed this stick despite having all that product. As I state in the review below, the tub variety is simply not the same. The formulation in stick is so lovely on lips, so comforting, soothing and healing. Try it!

I've used this forever and took for granted that I must have reviewed it at some point. First point, this is not the same as the smaller, but very similar looking, lip balm from the brand, nor is it even the same as the little tubs in trial size (though they are closest, they're creamier). I make the distinctions because this is the one to try, at least first. Here's why, for me this is a first rate lip moisturizer. It's also a great multi use product, great for traveling because its good for cuticles, skin anywhere, especially heels, elbows, even mild enough for facial use. If you forgot a product and need something to smooth some frizz, rub on your palms.

But as a lip product this is fantastic. I have a medical condition causing my moisture glands to die off. Many have dry skin/lips, I know dryness in a way most cannot. Its not a contest I want to win, but it does make me feel qualified to say what works for dry/sensitive, reactive skin since I've dealt with this for 15 years now. For those reasons I like a lip balm that is very moisturizing, long lasting (through the night is helpful for me), beneficial to my lips, the smell/taste if any, must be more than tolerable. This fits the bill in many ways, I love the diameter, I find very thin products like Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers and Soft lips, nice, but too thin in diameter, and though I have avg sized lips, they're too thin for me to get good coverage in one swipe. This feels great on, smooth, soft, yet the stick will last ages and ages, despite swiping it on often. The scent is the usual one for the brand but not as sweet. I love their scent but realize some find it cloying. I find it most natural of the ones in their brand I've tried.

I love this so for using at home, but need a lip balm with spf to wear under my l/g, and was thrilled when I saw the same packaging in a mini but with spf. I could not use it, somehow that stung my lips, tried it over and over thinking it was something else, sadly, no. Could just be me and my reactive skin. I also tried (ran to try!) the other version with a chocolately mint scent, but it neither smelled nor tasted right, though I have to believe I possibly got an old, rancid one as it was so off from others descriptions.

Its a great idea to have two of these which I do, one exclusively for your lips, and one for use elsewhere. This heals my lips when they have gotten chapped (from wind, sun or cold, exposure), and also very healing for the corners of my mouth which crack from time to time. A few days use on cuticles and they look much better too.

Very few products, especially for lips (and given my condition imagine how many lip balms I go through?!) that I use right to the end, I mean struggling to get the last bits out of the packaging cause I didn't have a back up! These I've used till not a drop is left. This is a cheap, and very useful, thrill, try it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by DianneKitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing!!!! Thank you ladies!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by tborukhova

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I was in middle school, my best friend introduced me to this product like she was showing me the real Holy Grail. Turns out, she kind of was. People who are blessed with super moisturized lips might not know how important lip balm actually is, but it's CRUCIAL for New York's dry winters! Bonus: I hate glosses and lipsticks (it's taken me a quarter century to realize that), and a good balm makes an excellent replacement for sticky, goopy and icky lip stuff. And, as we all know, a good balm is hard to find.

Palmer's cocoa butter stick is absolutely amazing. It is hands down the best balm in the universe. It smells like a pacific paradise, it comes in a soothingly large white tube (people who aren't in the know think that you might be glue-sticking your lips shut, but the product is worth the teasing), and it is big enough to cover a lot of ground. I've used it for elbows, hands, and other parts of my face when necessary. Palmer's really gets the job done.

My only problem is that the packaging can get kind of dirty, which makes the balm unpleasant to use (that's when I throw it out or pawn it off to my fiance), but it's a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of the greatness of the product.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by theotherworldly

I love how it smells like white chocolate but this is not as safe as it seems. It contained chemical sunscreen - Octinoxate if I remember rightly - and upon application my skin had an unbearable itch, which even after wiping it off it continued to itch and I really felt like scratching my lips off. No go here. Watch out if you're allergic.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by ananthia

I bought this product overseas when i left my usual balm

and I was stunned with this dirty cheap cocoa butter lipbalm;)
But when i returned to my tropical country,,this balm its just okay..
doesnt last long&just an hour my lips get dry:(