MAC Cremesheen Lipglass - Boy Bait

4.5

on 4/14/2010 3:39:00 PM

I really expected big things out of this gloss. Little things is all I got, Main complaint........no color...just tooo sheer...it has shimmer but no color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its ok. i wont repurchase b/c i thought it was overpriced and over hyped. i prefer a regular lipglass better, these just dont have the pigmentation i want, though the texture is smooth. I guess i had high expectations for this.

on 4/3/2010 10:33:00 PM

HG for sure! Love this. I think because it's a cream lip gloss it covers better and is more pigmented. I've been wanting to go for the nude lip look but haven't had much luck. I like to wear this alone, but it looks amazing ontop of lipstick in hue. (I'm N3)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Came home wearing this last night over Peachstock lipstick and my husband said "wow, nice lip gloss!". He rarely says things like that so I was super excited.

Great nude color, creamy formula, makes my lips appear so full and perfect. I am loving this one!!!

on 3/26/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

LOVE THIS! It is the perfect colour. Since I naturally have very red lips, this is a bit too sheer to wear by itself, but with a light pink nude lipstick underneath, this lip gloss is perfect! It is also a very nice texture, not sticky whatsoever. Definitely recommend this lip gloss !

on 3/25/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

wow what a pretttyyyy pink, doesnt coat my lips like paint, great great texture best MAC texture yet not sticky, or gooey and great smell..its a very sheer pink i luv it will definitely buy again

on 3/19/2010 10:29:00 PM

:( I picked this up the other day because it had such good reviews but it honestly isnt anything unique at all. Its a sheer milky pink. A lot of drugstore glosses are this color. If I change my mind about it, I will change my review. I have yet to wear it over any nude lipsticks..So, if I love it then I will keep it. If not I will return.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stellar is right on, this has NO pigment and *only* looks nice and creamy over lipstick. But it won't do anything by itself. Even on my wrist it seemed to have as much color as lipglasses but on the lips, no way. Same applies to the pretty partial pink version of this line, although it has a tint more pigment, just a tint. So many cheaper things do what this does. It won't change lipstick colors much since it has no color hardly, but will make them more milky, again, like other glosses that are cheap. It's less sticky than lipglass but also little staying power and at least the lipglasses have pigment to them. The only reason I ever consider dept store and Sephora lines is because their glosses sometimes have more pigment, I expect drugstore stuff to be more sheer. And yet it's sometimes the reverse, depending on product. Surprised the reviews for this are as good as they are, maybe some people truly like it and can differentiate between this and other sheer glosses, and maybe others just like the idea of MAC.

on 3/19/2010 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I really wish I had the good luck that others have had with this! I just received it in the mail today and I'm not impressed. Sure, I love the awesome, creamy gel texture! What I don't love is the fact that this gives my lips no color whatsoever! It looks absolutely perfect in the tube, and even when I swatch it on my hand. But when I apply it on my naturally pigmented lips, it basically disappears. It looks nice over nude lipsticks, such as Myth, Creme d'Nude, Equality, etc., but I have about 8 other glosses that look just as good over them. For $18 I can't justify keeping a gloss that's invisible on my lips, and does the job that other glosses I have can do over lipsticks. Back to MAC it goes!

on 3/19/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this after I got the partial to pink & I really like this, its a creamy nude gloss, which I'm a fan of (the nude lip!). I would buy it again but I believe it was a LE even though its a bit on the pricey size & I don't there is as much product in the tube compared to the regular lipglasses even though the cremesheen tubes look bigger!

Recommended for Medium Skin