September 1, 2014 | 1963 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

This like other Kerastase products is expensive. However, whatever I have used from Kerstase has worked for me. There is not even one item from this brand that has dissapointed me. Here is the condition of my hair: I had dry hair and lots of hair. My hair can be rebellious and extremely prone to breakage. This is a magnificient product. I use it on dried and damp hair and I get great results every time. Use very little of this product and pay attention to the ends. Then use your curling iron and you will be amazed of your hair condition. This is a must for any gal with hair issues. I LOVE IT!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been using this for the past few days, and am absolutely ecstatic with my hair.

it's like spun silk. me? having pretty hair? no no no. never.
i thought this (about a grape's worth) would be heavy on my fine hair, but my hair, no matter how many trims i get or how many masques i wear - is super dry/processed.

until this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It has taken me over a year to realise how much I love this stuff. I use it every other day before blow-drying and straightening and it protects my long, highlighted and fine hair like no other product. It makes my hair seem more elastic, stronger and shinier than any other product. I only realised this when I tried some of the other products in my bathroom cabinet which I hadn't used for a while. I usually use shampoo and conditioner, then a leave-in (usually Kiehl's) and then this before blow-drying and it always makes my fine, damaged, frizzy hair look a million times better than it really is.
UPDATE 2/12: I'm going to knock off 2 lipsticks because this is just not making my hair shiny or smooth anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Karin1539

I now prefer this product to Ciment Thermique. This product gives me smooth, shiny hair and works better for my highlighted, long and dry hair. My hair is very sensitive to heat and this helps protect it. I will purchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is perfection - for my coarse, thick hair which hated Ciment thermique and punished me with many a bad hair day before giving up on it.
if your hair is wiry and coarse like mine, and you heat style often (i flat iron every two or three days) - this is it! Ciment thermique made my hair even rougher and more disobedient than usual, Nectar thermique fed it, made it shine and sealed a few split ends.
i had a bad run lately, ranging from my Ciment thermique misfortune to the Moroccanoil mishap /the latter doing more damage than anything else/.
this made it all better again.
curiously, if i don't heat style, hair doesn't look as good.
good price value as i need very little to provide for my big needy head of hair.
nourishing, protecting and glossifying without weighing down or taking away that amazing bounce healthy well styled hair has.

as for the scent, different strokes. i love it. if you won't, it fades away swiftly. i can't say any Kerastase scents bother me, Oleo relax serum being my fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! Makes my frizzy hair smoother and softer. Went for a short trip with only a carry on and had to leave this behind because the bottle is over 100ml. Made me realise how much of a difference it makes!

Does not make my hair greasy - which is great for me because most hair products do. A small pea size is enough for my long-ish hair.

I really like the smell. Smells like royal jelly which I think is nice. Def would buy again and again.

Small gripe (other than the price) is the bottle, not sure how much I'll have to waste when it's close to empty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I held off on trying this for so long due to all of the negative feedback about this product's smell. So first I want to address that. Honestly, I don't think it's bad at all! I was expecting a gross rotten chemical smell, but it just smells like a generic perfumed hair product to me. It's similar to the Loreal Nutri-gloss line and some Redken products. I don't mind it at all, and the scent faded on me within 5 minutes of use anyway. That said, I am kicking myself a bit for not trying it sooner. This is a pretty awesome product. It is extremely moisturizing and great for heat styling. I use it as a leave-in conditioner to air dry and then use a little more before using a flat iron or curling iron. I'm sure it would work great before blow drying as well. Even when air drying, my hair was super soft and had minimal frizz (which is not common for my hair). I have thin and fine naturally curly hair, and this is not too heavy for me. My hair can be difficult to style at times, but this actually makes styling a breeze. It is very expensive by my standards, but I do only use a little bit at a time and I am willing to pay for the results I get. I also really like Ciment Thermique, which has protein. As to the question of whether you need both products... well I suppose that depends on your needs. Since I do style with heat, it's nice to alternate the protein/strengthening product (CT) with the super moisturizing product (NT). Bottom line: expensive but worth it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It helps to soften my thick, dry and rebellious hair. My hair volume is decrease. The price is worth. But I never try this kind of product from another brand. So, I cant compare whether this is the best product before ironing..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by beautiful84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long straight Asian hair... I apply roughly almond size amount and work it thoroughly through my towel dried hair. Works brilliantly. My hairdresser even suggested I could get away with using a cheaper shampoo and conditioner as long as I followed up with the Nectar Thermique! It makes all the difference.

I don't blowdry too often and only iron my hair about once every couple of weeks... but this product works great on it's own and gives an amazing shine and softness without weighing it down. When I wake up the next morning my hair seems to look so much better and sits better which helps me save time getting ready!

I'm truely addicted to this product. Not fussed on the scent of the product at all, it doesn't even linger in your hair so I am unsure why so many people have complained about it.

As for the price, for the amount you get and the actual amount you use, it's so worth it! I know this bottle will last me about a year so I think it all works out - especially when I think about the money I've wasted trialling products and throwing it out when it's barely been used anyway.

Recommend everyone to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by willowjoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG!! This is amazing. I have long thick wavy hair and this stuff is "the tamer". Its pricey (in Australia anyway!) but so worth it. After years of trying to find a product that truly smooths my hair, with little fuss or bother, this is IT!! Leaves my hair soft, straight and easy to manage. Tip though - DON"T put too much on and its not for those with thin or fine hair (it would, in both cases, weigh it down). I will purcahse this again.