December 21, 2014 | 1646 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying to grow out my hair, but I have to flat iron it every other day + I have bleached highlights.With this product in combination with Schwarzkopf Bonacure Sealed Ends I can go for months without needing a trim. I use Sealed Ends on my hair before drying it and a small amount of Nectar Thermique before using the flat iron - best combo I've tried. My hair is soft and shiny, no split ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by jumitch

This product has transformed my hair. Thank you so much to the MUA members who recommended it. My hair is shoulder length, fine but lots of it and layered. And it's colour treated too. I have it cut every 5-6 weeks but it has driven me mad just lately - Everything I tried was just weighing it down. This product though, once I'd worked out how much to use is fantastic. I wash and condition with the john freida blonde volumising range, shove my hair in a towel while I put on my makeup, then I apply a harricot/baked bean sized amount into my hand, rub hands together and then apply from tips up but not all the way up to the roots - then I dry with hairdryer. Finally I rub a pea-size amount between my hands and rake through (not the roots!) and then use GHD's - result perfect sleek and gorg hair. I sometimes apply a bit of fudge for shape and definition and then finish with tresemme volumising hairspray - and it lasts all day long.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For years i've been trying to grow my hair, nothing major just an inch or two so it comes just below my chin. I seem to have that really akward hair where it gets to a certain length and goes likes straw, so then it needs a cut and then i loose my length again so i'm back to square one.
I have to heat style my hair daily by blow drying and quickly going over it with the straightners, [if i didn't it would look a frizzy wavy mess!] So as you can imagine daily heated appliances take their toll and my hair is forever dry. Even a weekly deep condition doesn't bring it back to life. Oh how things have changed since i bought this...

I read some reviews on here and thought this might be worth a shot, i am a hair junkie with over 100 products in my cupboards so i've tried EVERYTHING going. However Kerastase if a first for me, my Mum is a hairdresser and recommended this to my ages ago but it was so expensive i couldnt afford it at the time. I used a pea size amount for short/medium length my hair which was plenty, the smell wasnt too bad but not the best. I can live with that though if a prouct does it's job. I started blow drying and my round brush just glided through my hair, i've never experienced anything like it before :O On closer expection i could see the first section i blow dried was shiny, smooth and had an 'airy' quality to it.

Seriously i've never seen my hair like it before. After finishing the rest of my hair i noticed how 'swingy' it was, never before has my hair moved like that. Infact my hair never moves, even if there's no product on it at all. I was so impressed! For the first time my hair was shiny, soft to the touch. had zero frizz and moved as i walked. This stuff it quite frankily amazing. My hair isn't overly thick either, it just gets dry from the heat styling but it's never weighed down with using this. I think it would ber very hard to deat this product, you just have to use the right amount for your hair type and length.
If i had to give the product a downside it would be that it can make your hair too soft if you want the textured volumized look. I always wear my hair BIG! ...And i mean BIG! So i don't always get the voulme i'm after, however i've found you spritz a root booster or mix some mousse with the product before you dry it certainly helps. Oh! And i backcomb my hair like mad as well to get the voulme, so iF you wear your hair big like me don't be put off by it. A good texturizing clay/putty/wax used as well for finishing will give you some definition,yet you can still feel the smoothing effect of the Kerastase on your hair. I've noticed i don't need my hair cut as much after using this, i use it every other day and it's helped keep split ends and dryness at bay so now i can grow my hair much more than i have been able to before. I only wish i have discovered this before, i think i may need to try out some more from their range :)
Hope this has helped!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

This like other Kerastase products is expensive. However, whatever I have used from Kerstase has worked for me. There is not even one item from this brand that has dissapointed me. Here is the condition of my hair: I had dry hair and lots of hair. My hair can be rebellious and extremely prone to breakage. This is a magnificient product. I use it on dried and damp hair and I get great results every time. Use very little of this product and pay attention to the ends. Then use your curling iron and you will be amazed of your hair condition. This is a must for any gal with hair issues. I LOVE IT!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i've been using this for the past few days, and am absolutely ecstatic with my hair.

it's like spun silk. me? having pretty hair? no no no. never.
i thought this (about a grape's worth) would be heavy on my fine hair, but my hair, no matter how many trims i get or how many masques i wear - is super dry/processed.

until this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It has taken me over a year to realise how much I love this stuff. I use it every other day before blow-drying and straightening and it protects my long, highlighted and fine hair like no other product. It makes my hair seem more elastic, stronger and shinier than any other product. I only realised this when I tried some of the other products in my bathroom cabinet which I hadn't used for a while. I usually use shampoo and conditioner, then a leave-in (usually Kiehl's) and then this before blow-drying and it always makes my fine, damaged, frizzy hair look a million times better than it really is.
UPDATE 2/12: I'm going to knock off 2 lipsticks because this is just not making my hair shiny or smooth anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Karin1539

I now prefer this product to Ciment Thermique. This product gives me smooth, shiny hair and works better for my highlighted, long and dry hair. My hair is very sensitive to heat and this helps protect it. I will purchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is perfection - for my coarse, thick hair which hated Ciment thermique and punished me with many a bad hair day before giving up on it.
if your hair is wiry and coarse like mine, and you heat style often (i flat iron every two or three days) - this is it! Ciment thermique made my hair even rougher and more disobedient than usual, Nectar thermique fed it, made it shine and sealed a few split ends.
i had a bad run lately, ranging from my Ciment thermique misfortune to the Moroccanoil mishap /the latter doing more damage than anything else/.
this made it all better again.
curiously, if i don't heat style, hair doesn't look as good.
good price value as i need very little to provide for my big needy head of hair.
nourishing, protecting and glossifying without weighing down or taking away that amazing bounce healthy well styled hair has.

as for the scent, different strokes. i love it. if you won't, it fades away swiftly. i can't say any Kerastase scents bother me, Oleo relax serum being my fave.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Lazulia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this! Makes my frizzy hair smoother and softer. Went for a short trip with only a carry on and had to leave this behind because the bottle is over 100ml. Made me realise how much of a difference it makes!

Does not make my hair greasy - which is great for me because most hair products do. A small pea size is enough for my long-ish hair.

I really like the smell. Smells like royal jelly which I think is nice. Def would buy again and again.

Small gripe (other than the price) is the bottle, not sure how much I'll have to waste when it's close to empty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by diggity

I held off on trying this for so long due to all of the negative feedback about this product's smell. So first I want to address that. Honestly, I don't think it's bad at all! I was expecting a gross rotten chemical smell, but it just smells like a generic perfumed hair product to me. It's similar to the Loreal Nutri-gloss line and some Redken products. I don't mind it at all, and the scent faded on me within 5 minutes of use anyway. That said, I am kicking myself a bit for not trying it sooner. This is a pretty awesome product. It is extremely moisturizing and great for heat styling. I use it as a leave-in conditioner to air dry and then use a little more before using a flat iron or curling iron. I'm sure it would work great before blow drying as well. Even when air drying, my hair was super soft and had minimal frizz (which is not common for my hair). I have thin and fine naturally curly hair, and this is not too heavy for me. My hair can be difficult to style at times, but this actually makes styling a breeze. It is very expensive by my standards, but I do only use a little bit at a time and I am willing to pay for the results I get. I also really like Ciment Thermique, which has protein. As to the question of whether you need both products... well I suppose that depends on your needs. Since I do style with heat, it's nice to alternate the protein/strengthening product (CT) with the super moisturizing product (NT). Bottom line: expensive but worth it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No