Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 8/19/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Kinky Curly Knot Today detangles VERY well. I have wavy/straight hair that tangles easily and I use this to get tangles out in the shower with a comb. Seems moisturizing though I don't use it for that purpose (for that I use coconut oil because it's proven to penetrate and protect unlike most fancy products that aren't studied but go though a clinical trial that the company pays for...bla bla bla...).

The reason this product is great is because of the indredient behentrimonium Methosulfate. It's a chemical made from canola oil that works wonders to detangle and is 'natural' and very mild (no irritants, xenoestrogens, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.). I'm practicing making my own version of this without all the fancy extracts (that you can't absorb anyways) and without the not-so healthy preservatives that will cost me a LOT less.

It's expensive, but it works.

on 7/3/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Kinky-Curly Knot Today is expensive and if you don't figure out how to use it right you'll go through it so fast that you'll be so mad about it you'll never buy it again (and probably give out some bad reviews about it too). My main use for it is as a rinse out conditioner and it detangles like nothing else I've tried. The trick is to shampoo or cowash your hair FIRST then use the KCKT. You'll use a lot less to do the same thing that way. It's not like a regular conditioner; it's a very slippery light gel like consistensy. After the KCKT I usually use a good quality deep conditioner/moisturizer (rinse out) on my hair and I don't need to use nearly as much as if I hadn't used the KCKT. Sometimes I'll put just a little bit as a final rinse(or leave-in) too after that just because I love how slippery it makes my hair while it's still wet. I don't trust it as much of a moisturizer or anything, but wow, it makes combing through wet hair soooo easy.

Other Points:
This is a Silicone-Free product. Products that have silicones usually require sudsy detergent shampoos so if you are on a low/no sudsing shampoo or cowash then you should generally avoid using products with silicones in them.) KCKT is the very best silicone-free detangler I've ever used. That said, if you use silicone products you'll likely not see the benefit of paying extra for the KCKT since products with higher silicone levels will likely have similar detangling power and for much less money.

Lovely smell but it's quite faint.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product was made for my hair!!! I have 4 a/b hair and after I finished rinsing my deep conditioner out of my hair, I will apply this to my hair and let it sit for a couple of minutes. After the couple of minutes have passed, my comb glides through my hair...no breakage, just pure slip and moisture. And the moisture last for days!! Which is great because that means I do not have to add any more of the product to my hair. All I have to do is add some water to re-set my curls. Love this stuff and I feel that the cost is right on point because of the high quality ingredients used and how well it works.

on 6/28/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I too, keep running back to this product after wasting money on others. I have probably wasted, I don't even wanna so how much, looking for something to replace this.

The smell is tolerable, and this does not break me out. My only problem with this conditioner is that it DOES NOT instantly detangle MY HAIR. For a lot of other people it does.

When you first put it on, there is no slip. I don't dare try to comb right through my hair with this on it. However, if I leave it on, and finish my shower, by the end of my shower there is this slick feel, and I CAN comb through my hair. I keep wasting money, but this is the only silicone free conditioner that works for me. I think I'm going to go back, and stop wasting time and money searching for something else.

If you do not break out, Curl Junkie Olive and Argan Oil Beauticurls is AMAZING!

on 6/11/2011 2:33:00 PM

With me growing out my perm this leave-in has really helped me with detangling my hair. I love it. I use it with my organic oil mixture and my tangle teezer.
Kinky curly makes a leave in for kids which is made with the same ingredients so I'm thinking about getting it next time.

on 6/8/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Excellent product! Very hydrating and it detangles like a dream. Works well as a leave-in, too. Scent is mild and very natural (orange oil).

on 5/29/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff saved my hair. At a time when nothing else worked, this worked to detangle my tight curls and define them without frizz.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! I have fine straight hair but it tangles sooo easily. Epically from the nape of my neck downward and I have long hair. I usually hate leave in conditioner but this is creamy and thick and sprays out easily and it has a nice smell. I plan to buy this for my cousin who has curly kinky hair as well.

on 4/8/2011 9:47:00 AM

this stuff is kind of annoying in the sense that it works so well and I cannot figure out why! I have very damaged blonde hair which I highlight a few times a year, blow-dry regularly and flatiron/curl a couple times a week. to take care of it I use products with all the buzz word ingredients argan oil, olive oil, sulfate free, wheat protein, keratin, panthenol, biotin ect. and all of that does help but i notice a huge difference in the look of my hair when i use this and I can't figure out why because it doesn't feel like it has any slip or that it will moisturize or straighten or strengthen when u put it on and actually i hate the smell (smells like fruit but not in a way i like). However when my hair is dried it looks noticeably less puffy and damaged and i really notice the difference when i use my flatiron. If i just use my argan oil serum and my keratin spray it is not as soft or straight or healthy feeling/looking. I think what this does is provide a ton of slip without any grease. I think it does provide some weight which for me is good cuz my hair can get puffy and when im going for a straight tlook i want straight straight not voluminous straight. I don't think this could make your hair greasy if u tried though. Maybe u could get the same results from a more obvious product like a serum but u would also be a giant greasball

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This product detangles my 4c hair so well. I add essential oils, jojoba and JBCO to it. The only negative is the scent.

Video Reviews & Tutorials