December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At the time I had bought this (few years ago) I broke out more than usual whenever I started stressing, my acne would tremendously over night worsen. It never occured to me that there was a product out there for this prob I had. Until I seen this and got it.

At first it worked terrific and I mean absolutely terrifc. I'm pretty sure I had used this product only in the night, every day.
My acne had cleared up amazingly well and when I did stress I wasn't breaking out! My face literally cleared up really nicely.

Of course however, it was too good to be true. I think I used about half of this product or more (although not close to being done with the product) until somehow the formual/ingriedients literally died on me.

It was no longer an active powerful product on my acne skin.
My acne came back, I was breaking out left cheek to right cheek. It no longer stopped stress pimples from forming and yet I was stuck again trying to find a good face wash.

Conclusion: My skin got immuned to this stuff. Something that can happen to many people.

Pros:
-did amazing job clearing my face
- kept my face clear from stress pimples

Cons:
-acne came back
-didn't work for long:(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Staceyy72

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very acne-prone skin, I have combo skin(mostly dry tho) i have an oily nose/ a little oily on my T-Zone. The first 2 weeks it actually worked for me, i had a few blemishes on my forehead, 2 on my cheeks, and 1 on my chin. They cleared up and i was thrilled!! But after another week or so, it seemed like it completely stopped working. I think my skin just got used to it or something, but it made my skin more oily and it broke me out really badly. I liked the creamy texture and the way it made my skin feel clean and tingly after i washed my face, i was looking for an acne-clearing product that was consistent but this was not it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't exactly like this wash. I had tried the scrub before and switched to the cream wash because I felt that my skin was getting a little dry and therefore producing more oil. So I began using the cream wash and it didn't help the oil at all. If anything, I felt like my face was more oily. My face didn't feel completely clean. However, I am using this right now, but only a small amount mixed in with Cetaphil soap. It's not too bad when I use it the way I am now, but for the price, it's not worth it for me to buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I had high hopes for this stuff when I used it due to everyone else's great results, I used in on my face, chest and back for about a month, and unfortunately I didn't see and results at all. It didn't make my skin any worse though and it didn't irritate my skin at all like most cleansers seem to.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by haigh

I have had comedonal acne on my forehead for years and years and nothing has really helped. This product has made my skin 80% clear which has been better than alot of creams prescribed by doctors with the added benefit of not causing the skin to become too flaky. Initially my skin reacted (became red, broke out a little) but has since gotten used to the acids in the product. I suspect it is the glycolic acid that is really helping as I have been using the Neutrogena salicylic acid treatment as well with only minimal effect. My skin is also really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by mrspalacios09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked this up on a whim one day at target because my skin has been looking its worst. I have really acne prone skin and this cleanser has cleared it up alot in the past 3 weeks that I've had it. I use my Clarisonic with it and i will say it stings my face really bad when i use it. I don't think it has made my skin smoother though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I've never understood the negative reviews on this product. This cleanser is my HG and nothing has ever compared. This cleanser is soft, creamy, affordable and smells nice! And because it doesn't have any sulfates, it doesn't dry my skin out! It works wonders to keep my very acne-prone skin clear and soft!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Shaylynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made my acne worse. It didn't work for me at all.

Pros:
It made my face FEEL clean

Cons:
My face was super oily again within 20 minutes!
made my acne worse

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ashfor

I've used this product for 2 weeks, and no good results. I had really high hopes for this, but it didn't do much for me. I have mild acne, but not the worst, and this product didn't clear up anything. It made my already existing pimples bigger -.-. It's now been a month since I used this, and my face cleared up. Honestly, you're better off with a simple soap (I recommend Dove Soap) and a good moisturizer (one from Neutrogena). Then once every week use a good exfolianting scrub, (I'm using Estee Lauder Volcanic Ash Exfoliant) Instead of using this product everyday. It was more effective for me, and gave me MUCH better results than this garbage. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by iloveskincaresososomuch

yuckkk.
seriously, this really dissapointed me.
reason being it was yet another product that would make my skin sting.
but what's worse, is that the morning after l went to the gym and noticed my face was abnormally red. Usually my face doesn't get THAT red when l worked out.
so l shrugged it off and went over to the papertowel dispenser and rubed my face and it STUNGGGGG.
so when l took a shower l went back to my st.ives olive oil cleanser and laneige water bank gel cream... my skin said thanks.
ugh, the past few neutrogena washes l've tried SUCK.