Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am very pleased with this product. After developing adult acne in my early 20's, I have tried everything, proactive, prescriptions, you name it.

On top of everything else, my skin is really sensitive. I get dry patches, red blotches. I figured I was doomed to only use Dove soap and my prescription acne cream.

Finally, after a period of really bad breakouts (bad cysts on my chin and jawline), my dermatologist said it would be better to wash my face with something that had benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. But, she knew all of that made my skin red and inflamed.

So, after leaving my dermatologist feeling depressed at that fact that I was a 30 year old with acne, I saw the ad for the Neutrogena stress control on TV. I figured, what the heck, how bad could it be?

Overall, this is a really nice product. It has a good smell, and miraculously, it does not irritate my skin. I do notice that the green tea and cucumber seem to make my pimples less red and inflamed after washing my face.

I use this twice a day (morning and at night I put a dab on my Clarisonic). Overall, my acne has been reduced. I still get pimples (even cysts), but my acne has been better. Have a I just hit a lucky spell or is it this product? I can't tell you, but I am sticking with it. It is worth a try to all those ladies out there with acne and sensitive skin.

I bought this last winter since its a cream base and I didnt want my skin to dry out, since I have combinaton skin.

i really like the smell it was very pleasant, the texture of the cleanser made my skin baby soft, it did clear up my acne just a little, I wouldn't say its a miracle worker, but I wear thicker foundation in the winter anyway so its a compromise with my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After trying many, many spot treatments for acne, I have found it. I know it is a scrub, but it is way too harsh for my dry and sensitive skin. It does clear out emerging, and visible acne, sometimes even overnight. Once applied directly, you can feel like working. Miracle worker, great, great spot treatment xD

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic. It has a very creamy texture, and does foam up nicely. It cleans my face well and does not seem to irritate or dry it out. The reason I give it 3 lippies is because it doesn't do as it claims. I don't think this has any effect on improving my skin. It acts as a cleanser- and that is it. However, it is not expensive and does come in a farily large tube. I think I won't be purchasing this again and will try another cleanser. But it does gets the face clean, and has a nice refreshing scent- can't complain about that!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The cream wash worked okay for my acne. I have really acne-prone, oily skin, and nothing I've done really helps.

However, after I started using this product, my skin did improve somewhat. I noticed fewer breakouts and my skin felt softer. However, it definitely did not get rid of my acne, and my skin is still blotchy on my bad days.

For the price I paid, this is effective...however, this is far from a miracle product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did my research on this product and I read mixed reviews. So, I decided to try it out for myself. I can't stand this product. It gave me more acne, which I didn't know was possible. The only thing I liked about it was the smell. It was amazing, it smelled like cucumbers; I love the smell of cucumbers. But I would not buy this product again. It's awful. I wish I could go back in time and not buy it. Also, it dried out my skin a tad. I cut back to using it once a day instead of twice a day. It was a strange product and I will not be buying it again ever.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

i just bought this today.
initial thoughts-
VERY creamy.
nice smell
attractive packaging
makes your skin tingle
NO SULFATES!

when i used this, it sort of felt like i was moothing butter on my face. it wasnt oily, it just felt... nice. it tingles quite a bit, and your face feels cool when you was it off. my face felt very moisturized afterwards too.
i took a nap after my shower, and when i woke up, my skin felt slightly oily.

i have moderate acne, dry/combo skin type.

i'll update tthis in a week with my thoughts.

I love this cleanser. I have very bad acne and it is probably one of the only one that makes a difference. It doesn't clear my skin completely but I feel like it helps a lot. It smells good too. I recommend it for people with moderate acne.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

At the time I had bought this (few years ago) I broke out more than usual whenever I started stressing, my acne would tremendously over night worsen. It never occured to me that there was a product out there for this prob I had. Until I seen this and got it.

At first it worked terrific and I mean absolutely terrifc. I'm pretty sure I had used this product only in the night, every day.
My acne had cleared up amazingly well and when I did stress I wasn't breaking out! My face literally cleared up really nicely.

Of course however, it was too good to be true. I think I used about half of this product or more (although not close to being done with the product) until somehow the formual/ingriedients literally died on me.

It was no longer an active powerful product on my acne skin.
My acne came back, I was breaking out left cheek to right cheek. It no longer stopped stress pimples from forming and yet I was stuck again trying to find a good face wash.

Conclusion: My skin got immuned to this stuff. Something that can happen to many people.

Pros:
-did amazing job clearing my face
- kept my face clear from stress pimples

Cons:
-acne came back
-didn't work for long:(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have very acne-prone skin, I have combo skin(mostly dry tho) i have an oily nose/ a little oily on my T-Zone. The first 2 weeks it actually worked for me, i had a few blemishes on my forehead, 2 on my cheeks, and 1 on my chin. They cleared up and i was thrilled!! But after another week or so, it seemed like it completely stopped working. I think my skin just got used to it or something, but it made my skin more oily and it broke me out really badly. I liked the creamy texture and the way it made my skin feel clean and tingly after i washed my face, i was looking for an acne-clearing product that was consistent but this was not it.