Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 12/3/2012 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm lemming for MAC Ruby Woo, I just go around and look for a cheaper alternative and this is it. Matte deep red. Love it. Classic look that never go out of style.

on 11/19/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I LOVE this red. I never thought I could pull off a red like this and turns out that I can! It looks great applied straight out of the tube and evened out with your finger. I happen to be wearing this colour the day/moment I got engaged so maybe I'm a little biased but it's a beautiful shade of red and so many wonderful memories will always be attached to this lipstick. (And of course I will be wearing another beautiful shade of Revlon on my wedding day).

on 11/12/2012 4:22:00 PM

Okay, well, I have never written a review for a makeup product before, but decided today after revisiting Revlon Really Red that I should do so. I am a somewhat harsh grader, but don't let that fool you into thinking this isn't a worthwhile product. Since moving to Montreal I have been on a lipstick binge of sorts. I just want to wear it all the time.
I bought Revlon Really Red off of Amazon before leaving the States, as a "starter red," upon reading that it is a dupe for Ruby Woo, a favorite among many.
I liked it, enough to continue on to try on Mac's Ruby Woo and eventually purchase Mac's Russian Red (I have naturally VERY dry and flakey lips).
Let me just say this, upon wearing this today for the first time since buying Russian Red and Kiss Me Quick Liner: this is MUCH more comfortable on the lips. This, of course, is not moisturizing, but it does not cake into the lips as much as Ruby Woo or Russian Red does for me, and I BARELY feel as if I have anything on. I put it on over Kiss Me Quick, and the bright effect is just enough to look as if I might be wearing Ruby Woo comfortably (which I never will).
I don't mean for this to put down Mac products. It doesn't. If I were planning on going out drinking and eating and possibly a messy night, I would wear Russian Red for it's staying power (not transferring onto cups or men, etc). However, since I was only going to the library today, this is perfect. I blotted it so that it looks more like a stain, and I can say that Revlon has a repeat customer for this product (not that I'll probably ever use a full tube). I love Revlon products, and this is a great, GREAT product. I am going to start wearing this more often again.
NYX Hot Red (I believe is what it is called), is a good liner to pair with this, but I think that maybe investing in a better lipliner for us dry-lipped ladies would be better. I want my lipstick to stay put, so lining and filling my lips before applying out of the bullet (dabbing mostly), is a must.
If you have not bought this lipstick, and you want a reliable, teeth-whiter, not too dark, not TOO TOO bright lip, this is a great option for you. My lips look velvet-y soft right now and they feel that way too. I find that topping lipsticks with glosses is disastrous for me, and I prefer matte finishes anyways. Good starter pin-up dramatic red. I don't think this is exactly "formal," but it is so fun and it grabs attention for sure, depending on how you apply it (sharp lines or blotted).

on 11/9/2012 8:28:00 PM

YES!!!!!!!! Finally a red that looks fabulous on me! I am cool toned, fair skinned (NW25) blonde and this red is so awesome, I can even wear it in the daytime without looking like a hooker. When it wears off, it leaves a really pretty stain.

on 11/8/2012 8:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have purchased from Revlon's Matte lipstick line before, and decided to purchase Really Red. One of the first things I noticed was how pigmented it is and it's staying power. I have a warm skin tone and was first worried that it wouldn't suit me, but I'm glad I made the choice of this lipstick. This is going to be my staple red color, I could see myself putting it into my everyday basic look. I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/1/2012 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just to add some more love here...this is a great red. I have a really hard time with red lipsticks...they tend to turn pink on me really easily. The undertones of this work wonderfully to create a true red. It's bright and bold, and I feel prettier with it on. Teeth look super white. Cheap. No drying effects. Get a good lip liner though, just to prevent any feathering. Love!!

on 10/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

I bought this lipstick a while ago for a costume. I wanted a matte, retro red that wasn't going to break my budget. I looked on MUA and this shade popped up, and I snagged it at a drugstore with a $1 off coupon.

I own more than a few red lipsticks/stains/glosses, but Revlon's Really Red is by far the best and my go-to lipstick for a dramatic lip. It's creamy, full-coverage, and completely matte; perfect for retro/pinup looks. The red is bright and clear, not red-orange or dark red-burgundy (both orange-tinted lipsticks and deep red/burgundy lipsticks look terrible on my super pale skin).

I would suggest buying a matching red lip liner to preserve the color for an all-night event and make the edges precise (I have revlon's colorstay lipliner in red, but I wouldn't give that as high a rating as the lipstick because mine keeps breaking off in chunks). Also, make sure to set your lipstick with some translucent powder or a setting spray. And DON'T USE ANY GLOSS OR BALM! It will make your lipstick slide off, smear, and/or get on your teeth. So make sure to moisturize and exfoliate your lips really well *before* applying because if you want the color to stay all night, you won't want to use any kind of sticky product.

As a consequence, the Revlon lipstick can be a bit drying, but if you take proper effort to exfoliate and moisturize beforehand and reapply/touch up your lips when you start to feel the dryness/flakies, it isn't much of a problem.

In sum, I love love love this lipstick. Absolutely stunning color on my pale skin, full coverage, and a classic matte finish. What more could you want?

on 9/27/2012 1:05:00 PM

As a natural red-head it can be sometimes hard to find a shae that looks good witthout confilicting with my hair color. However I had heard so many good things about this shade I decided to give it a try. WOW! I was so impressed! I love this shade and it works great with my red hair. The color is ideal and i can't believe I have finally found a red that i can love. It's a perfect matte shade without feeling or looking to dry. I simply can't recommend this enough.

on 9/19/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I swatched Ruby Woo next to this and found that this was definitely much creamier without sacrificing the amazing pigmentation and same matte finish. On my medium brown skin, putting this lipstick on in its full opacity almost literally brightens my whole face; I suddenly feel a shade or two lighter, as well as though I had glistening white teeth. But it is a full on red, a very in your face red, so you've been warned. It makes you look amazing but it is in no way subdued. It's wearable if you want a bold lip on purpose. As for the wear of it, it lasted pretty long throughout the day. From morning to evening I only reapplied thrice, and only to fix the corners of my mouth, which is where it would fade a bit. It's a little bit dry in the long run so be sure to moisturize your lips beforehand but I find that retouching with the same lipstick makes me feel moisturized enough, no need to top with a balm or gloss. I would buy this again if I ran out but not to stock up, since I'd like to explore more wearable colors.

on 9/12/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this product again? Yes, and I have. Just bought my second tube, because this is the ONLY lipstick I have EVER used up! I absolutely love this color. It's perfect against my complexion, which tends to be fair-ish with cool leanings. It has a warmer tone to it than some other reds I've used, and I like that because it's more classic and not overpowering.
I've often heard that this is an exact dupe for MAC's Russian Red. Having never actually used Russian Red, I can't attest to that, but I can say that all the photos I've seen online confirm that rumor. However, I wouldn't say it's a dupe in texture. I've been using this lipstick for two years now with absolutely no drying on my lips (it's actually surprisingly moisturizing), but any MAC lipstick I've used - matte or otherwise - has left my lips feeling like paper-mache. (I've used Diva and Creme d'Nude and they both have actually caused my lips to crack and bleed, even with a healthy dose of exfoliation and lip balm underneath.) Revlon's little tube of wonder, however, doesn't cause my lips to dry out AT ALL. The texture is creamy and feels comfortable on my lips - not waxy or heavy. And, wonder of wonders, it DOESN'T FEATHER! That alone is a win! Every red I've used ever has always feathered, even with lip liner. (Must have been all those years of smoking.) This one doesn't. I don't have to use a lip liner (I still do to make my lips a bit fuller-looking) - I can just swipe this baby on from the tube and I'm good to go.
This review has been way too long. I just can't help but rave about this great product. The price is amazing and the lipstick itself is to die for.

Popular Lipsticks