September 1, 2014 | 1935 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the primer potion original, so I thought I'd LOVE this shade, as I pretty much use the Naked/Naked 2 palettes as my everyday eye looks... I love a nice shimmer on the eye, especially towards the crease/browbone as a highlight.

Sin is beautiful when you swatch it, and still beautiful on the eye, but I have found that on my eyes, this stuff creases towards the very end of the day--something the original primer potion has not ever done... after all, that's the reason I want an eyelid primer!

Overall, I don't think that the "primer" formula is the same as the original... It's a gorgeous product, but something that seems better worn as a very sheer, natural eyeshadow rather than a primer. When it comes to function, this product just isn't what I expected.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought in December I Iike this base to use under matte shadows, it gives them a sheen and helps prevent creasing. It's not as long lasting as Stila smudge crayon. I wouldn't buy Sin again in UDPP but I will be trying out Eden!
the bottle is cute but not practical. Price is in the range of other eye primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by r4chel77

I like this primer on a day when I'm in a hurry because it is pretty on its own with a nice sheer glow. However, it works even worse than the original does. It just does not make my shadows appear vividly. I don't have any issues ever with creasing; it never happens for me, so I can't comment on that. It does seem much drier than the original formula; you need to blend it fast but it might be better for more oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by shelbig

I absolutley love this product! I like that I can use it alone to go with a sunkissed, bronze look that will stay all day. When I use it with urban decay eyeshadows it stays on ALL DAY and I even wake up with eyeshadow on in the morning if I don't remove it at night.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this product. The eyeshadow "Sin" is easily my most used, and favourite shade so I was excited to try it in primer. It's still a beautiful pink/champagne colour with a hint of shimmer, but I found that it doesn't blend out as well. And when I put eyeshadow over it, it doesn't look as smooth as the original. Plus, if I smear it into my crease and don't put shadow there, I have a strange shimmer smear above where my eyeshadow ends.

Some days I like to use it in place of any other eyeshdows though. A smidge of this, and a swipe of mascara and my makeup is done in two minutes. It lasts all day, just like the original UDPP. I'll keep using it, but unless it grows on me I will probably just stick to the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this! I haven't actually used this as a primer. This doubles as a nice highlight/cream eyeshadow (which is what I use this as). It gives a beautiful shimmer to my eyes. I love it! It's a champagne/golden color, which compliments my skin tone very well. I would definitely reccommend this. This is expensive, but I got this in a duo with the original primer potion, so it wasn't too bad. I also like the fact that this comes in a squeeze tube. This stays put, doesn't crease, you only need a little bit, & it dries really fast. Even my dad complimented me when I wore this, & he never notices anything. Overall, I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

I hated this stuff. Regular UDPP works well, but this made my e/s crease like crazy and made my eyelids look really wrinkly. Eyeshadow applied unevenly and wouldn't blend over this. If I'd kept my receipt, I would have returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

Color: On it's own, it's a gorgeous shimmery champagne color that could work as an eyeshadow by itself, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 lids. It does make the color of powder/mineral eyeshadows much more vibrant, but also a bit lighter.
Last: With this, my eye makeup lasted a good 8 hours before it started fading. (I don't have a problem with creasing).
Verdict: Pricey, but it does what it claims and works very well. The only complaint I have is the #^%$&* packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by JulieRL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dont like this as an e/s primer at all. Its wayy worst than the other UDPPs such as eden and the regular one. this one is too shimmery for my liking and turns up a bit pink on my skin tone which is just gross...dont like it and will not repurchase. Oh and it also makes my eyelids really dry. I recommend the too faced shadow insurance primer. Its wayyyy more moisturizing and actually makes my e/s last.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The original and the Eden are FANTASTIC, this one has no staying power. Will not buy again. (love the color though!)