November 28, 2014 | 1681 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is suited better for my body, because as a face block, it was very greasy and broke me out. While I love the high SPF and the fact that it doesn't really have a strong scent as other sunscreens, I will continue to use my Banana Boat sunscreen but finish up this tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yuck.
I tried this (Pure and Free Baby Sunblock stick SPF 60+) because it didn't have ingredients like tocopheryl acetate which makes my rosacea and dermatitis much worse.

I should have known better. First, sticks are waxy and that itself is off-putting: the waxiness feels weird and leaves a sticky residue--nothing like having your hair sticking to your face.

Worse, the zinc balled right up and looked like I was wearing a face full of small white pebbles. I washed it off--it wasn't possible to go out in public like that.

The final insult: I opened it a second time, thinking I might try it elsewhere on my body rather than have to throw it away. The whole thing pulled out of the bottom stick that allows it to be rolled up, and instead stuck to the inside of the top of the plastic cover--unreachable/unrollable.

Summary: a no-go.

ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aluminum Hydroxide, Beeswax, BHT, Butyloctyl Salicylate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Isostearic Acid, Neopentyl Glucol Diethylhexanoate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Polyethylene, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by purplefrontline

This gave both of my daughters (8 and 16 months) painful rashes on their faces. Extremely disappointed. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Moosemawen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great sunblock. Use it on face and body. Most physical sunblocks are hard to smear in. This was pretty easy for me. I love it. I have always used chemical sunscreens but they seemed to always irritate my eyes. This one does not. Highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Moosemawen

Love this. I also have the stick. Does not leave a residue if you rub in well. And does not burn my eyes like all the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lilac1379

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first product I have felt strongly enough about to review. I LOVE this stuff! First off, let me say that I am extremely pale, so the whitish residue it might leave does not show up on me, although I do have to make sure it is rubbed in well enough, just like any other sunscreen. This is the first sunscreen I have been able to wear and not cringe in stinging pain. I can use it around my eyes even! I have very reactive rosacea and this has helped calm my skin greatly. It is very non greasy feeling also. This is way better than any other sunscreen I have used, even ones labeled for sensitive skin. I just wanted to share and let others know that there is a sunscreen out there that won't make your skin feel like it is on fire. Hope this is able to help someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by aquarelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm allergic to a lot of the chemical sun filters, especially the new UVA ones such as avobenzone and oxybenzone, so I have to resort to mostly physical sunscreens in the summer. I love this sunscreen because it doesn't feel greasy or sticky (most physical sunscreens do because physical sunscreens don't mix with water well.) It also doesn't have a noticeable smell such as Hawaiian Tropic or Banana Boat (although it still smells like sunscreen). Overall, I really like this, even though it is a little expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AWFUL! I would give this 0 stars if I could. Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone are two of the most sensitizing preservatives currently used in products, according to my ALLERGIST. It took me years to figure out this is what is in shampoos and conditioners that was causing my scalp to burn and itch, which literally cleared up within a week of using products without those preservatives. And now it's showing up in products targeted to babies and those with sensitive skin. I cannot even use this on my body without a rash. Shame on Neutrogena!

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a physical sunscreen that is frag free and is very waterproof. I use this on my body and usually not my face cause it makes me face oilier than I like. I wore this to mow our huge lawn (takes 5 hours) and afterward I had zero burning and zero tan as well. I do not believe I have had this good of coverage with any other spf. It's very gentle and I really like that it does not smell like a sunscreen or contain any other frag. I also use this on my 9 yr DD everyday especially on her face during the summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by daogirl

I lucked out and got a bottle of this with a free mini travel-sized bottle. Yes, it does have a whitish cast (although when I rub it in, it pretty much all goes away), but I'll take a physical blocker any day over a chemical one. I use it over my mattifier and under my foundation. It doesn't make me any oilier, that I can tell, has basically no scent, and it doesn't irritate or breakout my skin in any way (huge plus). I live in Southern California, so I have to take more care with sun exposure, as I'm very fair and burn easily. I'll really put it through its paces when I wear it surfing - I'll try and update with the result.