Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really like this sunscreen... so far it hasn't given me any reason not to. The formula agrees with my skin much better than traditional sunscreens. It's not at all greasy, and hasn't made me break out at all which is almost unbelievable...

I wear it over my daily face moisturizer and alone on the rest of my body. I like that the moisture in it absorbs quickly, although you have to really rub it in to get rid of the white film it leaves behind.

I think that this formula is identical to the new sensitive skin sunscreen. I read the label and it looked the same to me.

on 6/10/2009 6:44:00 PM

I really wanted this to use on my face. I prefer physical sunblock to chemical ones. This seemed like a good idea. It did not work out at all.

I have kind of a small face to begin with, but I know you're supposed to use 1/4 tsp of sunblock to get the proper effect, so I went for it. Yes, it was hard to get it all on and rubbed in without looking white. Still, I'm pretty pale and it wasn't that noticeable and really I wasn't that worried about it anyway, so I got myself fairly close to normal color and didn't think too much about it. This is when I encountered the problem that really killed this product for me. First let me say I don't really sweat very much. Ever. I do a little in extreme situations, but not much at all. Okay, so I looked in the mirror and my face was all sweaty (what?!)and the sunscreen looked like it was peeling off. What!? It wasn't really peeling off but it looked like that. It was, however, definitely lifting off my face due to all the crazy sweating I was doing. And this was within 10 minutes of me putting it on. This will definitely not work for my face!

I am still going to use it on my body and also on the kids. I never even got to see how it performed in the sun, but I imagine it will work just fine if we can keep it on.

on 6/9/2009 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is suited better for my body, because as a face block, it was very greasy and broke me out. While I love the high SPF and the fact that it doesn't really have a strong scent as other sunscreens, I will continue to use my Banana Boat sunscreen but finish up this tube.

on 6/2/2009 11:32:00 PM

Yuck.
I tried this (Pure and Free Baby Sunblock stick SPF 60+) because it didn't have ingredients like tocopheryl acetate which makes my rosacea and dermatitis much worse.

I should have known better. First, sticks are waxy and that itself is off-putting: the waxiness feels weird and leaves a sticky residue--nothing like having your hair sticking to your face.

Worse, the zinc balled right up and looked like I was wearing a face full of small white pebbles. I washed it off--it wasn't possible to go out in public like that.

The final insult: I opened it a second time, thinking I might try it elsewhere on my body rather than have to throw it away. The whole thing pulled out of the bottom stick that allows it to be rolled up, and instead stuck to the inside of the top of the plastic cover--unreachable/unrollable.

Summary: a no-go.

ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aluminum Hydroxide, Beeswax, BHT, Butyloctyl Salicylate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Isostearic Acid, Neopentyl Glucol Diethylhexanoate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Polyethylene, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

This gave both of my daughters (8 and 16 months) painful rashes on their faces. Extremely disappointed. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 5/31/2009 12:51:00 PM

Great sunblock. Use it on face and body. Most physical sunblocks are hard to smear in. This was pretty easy for me. I love it. I have always used chemical sunscreens but they seemed to always irritate my eyes. This one does not. Highly recommend this.

on 5/28/2009 5:42:00 PM

Love this. I also have the stick. Does not leave a residue if you rub in well. And does not burn my eyes like all the other.

on 5/28/2009 5:39:00 PM

This is the first product I have felt strongly enough about to review. I LOVE this stuff! First off, let me say that I am extremely pale, so the whitish residue it might leave does not show up on me, although I do have to make sure it is rubbed in well enough, just like any other sunscreen. This is the first sunscreen I have been able to wear and not cringe in stinging pain. I can use it around my eyes even! I have very reactive rosacea and this has helped calm my skin greatly. It is very non greasy feeling also. This is way better than any other sunscreen I have used, even ones labeled for sensitive skin. I just wanted to share and let others know that there is a sunscreen out there that won't make your skin feel like it is on fire. Hope this is able to help someone!

on 5/28/2009 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm allergic to a lot of the chemical sun filters, especially the new UVA ones such as avobenzone and oxybenzone, so I have to resort to mostly physical sunscreens in the summer. I love this sunscreen because it doesn't feel greasy or sticky (most physical sunscreens do because physical sunscreens don't mix with water well.) It also doesn't have a noticeable smell such as Hawaiian Tropic or Banana Boat (although it still smells like sunscreen). Overall, I really like this, even though it is a little expensive.

on 5/27/2009 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL! I would give this 0 stars if I could. Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone are two of the most sensitizing preservatives currently used in products, according to my ALLERGIST. It took me years to figure out this is what is in shampoos and conditioners that was causing my scalp to burn and itch, which literally cleared up within a week of using products without those preservatives. And now it's showing up in products targeted to babies and those with sensitive skin. I cannot even use this on my body without a rash. Shame on Neutrogena!