Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

on 7/20/2009 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in the stick version for easy application on my 3 year olds face. I think too many people dont realize it makes you white esp if you dont rub in and this is b/c it is zinc & titanium dioxide. I havent found a physical sunblock that doesnt give you that whitish cast, it does eventually sink in and fade too. My daughter certainly doesnt care and she hates getting her sunblock on but the stick makes it so easy for her face.

This stuff is also extremely waterproof also and works really good, I can put this on my daughter and sit under the extreme FLorida sun (even during the worst early afternoon hours) on the beach and after hours of her going in the water and playing she gets no color where i apply this stuff, it physically blocks the sun, you don't even get tan with it.

I think people are unfairly knocking this stuff because they are using it on themselves and expecting it to be like regular chemical sunscreens like coppertone, it's called pure & free b/c it's free from the normal sunscreen chemicals that actually have to absorb into your skin and reflect the suns rays and that is why it has to be put on about 20 mins before sun exposure, whereas this has natural mineral sunblockers zinc and titanium (the same minerals that make Bare minerals naturally a sunscreen) and since this is a physical blocker you can put it on on the beach in the sun and it works right away. This stuff is made for babys/kids sensitive skin and they dont care if it's waxy or makes them ghostly, what matters is it protects them from the sun and does so without all the chemicals that they are starting to link to cancer now even.

on 7/13/2009 5:14:00 PM

i bought this for my son,and OMG i hate it, it leaves a sort of blue tint on him wherever i apply it,and its so thick that it doesnt rub in right, i put him in his lil pool and the water turned white! i washed off so quickly ,i know its bound to happen but not that quick...ugh its like no other..the worse

on 7/13/2009 4:55:00 PM

Holy hell this stuff is horrible! I bought this becuz I'm typically very sensitive to sunscreen and was told this was PABA free (usually the ingredient that causes irritation for ppl with sensitive skin) This stuff is thick and creamy..which would have been fine, BUT this leaves a WHITE sheen on your skin! i applied this on my legs and it looked like i dusted myself in FLOUR! i rubbed this in as much as i could and i even applied moisturize before/after this and i still had chalky looking skin. I was almost embarrassed stepping out into public!! Didn't get much better throughout the day...still white, chalky, sections on my skin and trust me... i made sure i rubbed this in thoroughly and evenly. not only is this stuff expensive...but it's horrible!! I'm sticking to my banana boat baby sunscreen. It may be greasy... but i'll take a nice shine on my skin versus white chalky legs ANYTIME!! 2 thumbs WAAAAAY down!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really like this sunscreen... so far it hasn't given me any reason not to. The formula agrees with my skin much better than traditional sunscreens. It's not at all greasy, and hasn't made me break out at all which is almost unbelievable...

I wear it over my daily face moisturizer and alone on the rest of my body. I like that the moisture in it absorbs quickly, although you have to really rub it in to get rid of the white film it leaves behind.

I think that this formula is identical to the new sensitive skin sunscreen. I read the label and it looked the same to me.

on 6/10/2009 6:44:00 PM

I really wanted this to use on my face. I prefer physical sunblock to chemical ones. This seemed like a good idea. It did not work out at all.

I have kind of a small face to begin with, but I know you're supposed to use 1/4 tsp of sunblock to get the proper effect, so I went for it. Yes, it was hard to get it all on and rubbed in without looking white. Still, I'm pretty pale and it wasn't that noticeable and really I wasn't that worried about it anyway, so I got myself fairly close to normal color and didn't think too much about it. This is when I encountered the problem that really killed this product for me. First let me say I don't really sweat very much. Ever. I do a little in extreme situations, but not much at all. Okay, so I looked in the mirror and my face was all sweaty (what?!)and the sunscreen looked like it was peeling off. What!? It wasn't really peeling off but it looked like that. It was, however, definitely lifting off my face due to all the crazy sweating I was doing. And this was within 10 minutes of me putting it on. This will definitely not work for my face!

I am still going to use it on my body and also on the kids. I never even got to see how it performed in the sun, but I imagine it will work just fine if we can keep it on.

on 6/9/2009 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is suited better for my body, because as a face block, it was very greasy and broke me out. While I love the high SPF and the fact that it doesn't really have a strong scent as other sunscreens, I will continue to use my Banana Boat sunscreen but finish up this tube.

on 6/2/2009 11:32:00 PM

Yuck.
I tried this (Pure and Free Baby Sunblock stick SPF 60+) because it didn't have ingredients like tocopheryl acetate which makes my rosacea and dermatitis much worse.

I should have known better. First, sticks are waxy and that itself is off-putting: the waxiness feels weird and leaves a sticky residue--nothing like having your hair sticking to your face.

Worse, the zinc balled right up and looked like I was wearing a face full of small white pebbles. I washed it off--it wasn't possible to go out in public like that.

The final insult: I opened it a second time, thinking I might try it elsewhere on my body rather than have to throw it away. The whole thing pulled out of the bottom stick that allows it to be rolled up, and instead stuck to the inside of the top of the plastic cover--unreachable/unrollable.

Summary: a no-go.

ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aluminum Hydroxide, Beeswax, BHT, Butyloctyl Salicylate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Isostearic Acid, Neopentyl Glucol Diethylhexanoate, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Polyethylene, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane

This gave both of my daughters (8 and 16 months) painful rashes on their faces. Extremely disappointed. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 5/31/2009 12:51:00 PM

Great sunblock. Use it on face and body. Most physical sunblocks are hard to smear in. This was pretty easy for me. I love it. I have always used chemical sunscreens but they seemed to always irritate my eyes. This one does not. Highly recommend this.

on 5/28/2009 5:42:00 PM

Love this. I also have the stick. Does not leave a residue if you rub in well. And does not burn my eyes like all the other.