April 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first non-drugstore brand makeup brush I had...so I didn't have much to compare it to. I got it with the starter kit...and so far, I'm not really a fan of BE. The brush does a good job getting the mineral foundation on my face, the coverage is great and the brush blends everything out. The brush works fine, but it's so NOT soft. I'm pretty much scratching my face to get the makeup on. And after washing it a few times, it's definitely shedding and the bristles have dried out a bit (I do use brush shampoo and not just regular soap). I'm thinking of trying out the retractable Ecotools, so we'll see. I'm still using it right now bc it's the only kabuki I've got, but for the money, I would not buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like practically everyone stated....OW!!! I bought this several years ago in a transition period when my skin was good and was not sensitive. Now that I have breakouts again and am prone to redness... YIKES!!! It is so prickly. I like how it applies BE bronzer and it's very dense. However, this was my first kabuki and I am realizing there are way better options out there. STAY AWAY!!! It's pricey and you can buy way better ones at CVS, Target, etc. I am very much enjoying my EcoTools Kabuki and have ordered the E.L.F Studio Kabuki to replace this BE POS. Can't believe I've kept it for so long. It's going up on my swap list (if I can even find someone who wants it!)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by prettypinkkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Scratchy, almost painfully so, and sheds. I need something softer that this sucker. Ow. Has decent coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by missmem16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just pulled this brush out again yesterday and all I can say is ouch. My skin hurts because the bristles are so rough. The brush gives nice even coverage so that's why I'm still giving it 3 lippies, but I can't get over how irritating the bristles are on my skin. Bummer. I'll have to get a new kabuki now :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend gave me her extra BE Kabuki, so I figured I'd give it a try.

PROS: Dense bristles.
CONS: Natural hair bristles are a bit scratchy. Some shedding. Expensive.

If you're going to spend $28 on a kabuki, get the Too Faced Retractable Kabuki instead. It's super soft, doesn't shed, and retracts!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I asked my mom to buy this brush for me from Sephora. She got it shipped to Canada and the whole thing ended up costing her $60 CAD. (Shipping was a rip-off). Which makes it all the more disappointing. It's small, hard to hold, and scratchy. I used it a lot anyway, and it did the job, but I kinda felt like I had to, after all the trouble my mom went through to get it. I don't use mineral foundation anymore, but if I did, I would use the flat top buffer from Coastal Scents - it's awesome.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 5:40:00 AM More reviews by azngrlx637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This kabuki came w/ my BE kit and I thought what a great deal b/c usually kabuki's are pretty expensive and also it wasn't the baby ones. However the first couple of uses i thought the brush was good and then it started to become scratchy. So then i decided to wash it again and then try it again. Washing it does help but it was still scratchy on my face. It actually gave me a rash at one point b/c i guess i was buffing too hard and also i have really sensitive skin as well. I did find another way to use this brush which is to use it as a duster so whenever i do my eye makeup any fall outs i will just pick this brush up and sweep it off my face. otherwise i would not buy this brush again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by RandomActsOfBeauty

I got this brush with my BE starter kit. I thought BE foundation made my face itchy, so I stopped using it and switched to Revlon Colorstay foundation, then MAC MSF Natural. Itchy, itchy. This morning, scientist that I am, I realized the unifying factor (besides my face): This damn brush!

It's already prickly to begin with, and, despite being pretty full and fluffy, it does a pretty poor job of buffing. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of it yet is that I'm in the middle of a Project 5 Pan, and I'm embargoing beauty products until I finish 5 things I already have. But... maybe this shouldn't count? Right? RIGHT!?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

I like to use this brush for buffing out any uneven spots i may have missed and also to apply blush or to apply powder to set my foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by bfennell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Kabuki brush was a great disappointment. Although the fullness provided good coverage of product, I found it scratchy and it immediately shed. After the 3rd washing the bristles came out of the base. It was minimally held together with cheap adhesive. I have a seven year old Bobbi Brown brush that has held up better than this brush which I owned for less than 3 months. I regret that I purchased it.