E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

I bought this brushing thing it would be good to have, and although it is a wonderful brush, I have no real use for it. :(

on 1/21/2010 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this brush better for the crease than the $1 line blending eye brush, and I liked that one a lot. I like this one better because of the sleek packaging and it is better for smaller eyes. I will repurchase more of these for sure!

on 1/16/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product!

Pros:
very sleek
extremely soft
doesn't bleed or shed
very dense
great for the crease or outer v

Cons:
NOTHING!

This is my favorite favorite favorite brush for my crease or outer v! it is just small and dense enough to my liking! so worth the $3! it doesn't get any better!

on 1/16/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very dense brush. The bristles are very stiff, so if you're looking for a contouring brush that can double as a blending brush, this isn't it.

This is for a direct application to the crease/outer corner. It is a little bit big for my eye, but the brush is such that it can be maneuvered to suit my purposes. It's very versatile.

Be gentle with it, as it can be abrasive if you're constantly using a sweeping motion to apply eyeshadow with it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although it works well, I dislike the fact that some of the bristles poke me and are not cut so well; it's actually kinda painful.

on 1/11/2010 1:06:00 PM

I love this brush! I picked this up because I had wanted a pencil brush, but found it difficult to find one that was both vegan-friendly and inexpensive. This technically isn't a pencil brush--it's kind of a cross between that and a more fluffy crease brush--but I've found that, when used with a light hand, it can do the same job as a pencil brush (I use it to apply color to my crease and to define my outer v).
Fortunately, my brush arrived in good condition. It's very dense and soft, yet it has a good amount of resistance/stiffness at the same time. I also haven't had any issues with the ferrule, as other users have. I'm completely happy with it and I would definitely buy it again.

on 1/5/2010 2:35:00 PM

I use this to apply darker shades to my outer v. Mine is densely packed and works well for the job and is the right size for my eyes since it's not big or too small.

on 12/30/2009 12:15:00 PM

I don't really know how to use this brush. It's kinda small and dense. I was hoping to use it as a crease brush, to blend, but it's too small and dense for that.

However I think it's kinda like a pencil brush, only more rounded instead of pointy. You could probably use it for smoky eyes, in the outer v. Since I use a lot of loose shadows I think it's a bit difficult to use for that.

EDIT:
I actually like this brush a lot now! I caved and bought a MAC 217 brush, and these two are my favorite crease brushes right now! I have droopy eyelids and a pretty small crease so this brush works perfect putting color in the crease. Then I use the 217 to blend it out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this brush! IMO, this brush, the Complexion brush, the Powder brush, and the Eyeshadow "C" brush are pretty much essential for anyone's makeup wardrobe! I really suck at applying shadows, especially at the crease. I would either put on too much or apply the shadow too high. This brush makes it super easy for me to apply shadows to the crease, lid, and blend it out! Heck yeah, I would repurchase! :P

on 12/5/2009 11:55:00 PM

Very nice contour brush. It's the perfect size for the corners of my eyes. It makes applying eyeshadow easy...I would purchase this brush again...