October 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mattejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very dense brush. The bristles are very stiff, so if you're looking for a contouring brush that can double as a blending brush, this isn't it.

This is for a direct application to the crease/outer corner. It is a little bit big for my eye, but the brush is such that it can be maneuvered to suit my purposes. It's very versatile.

Be gentle with it, as it can be abrasive if you're constantly using a sweeping motion to apply eyeshadow with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by purpleflower9203

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although it works well, I dislike the fact that some of the bristles poke me and are not cut so well; it's actually kinda painful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I love this brush! I picked this up because I had wanted a pencil brush, but found it difficult to find one that was both vegan-friendly and inexpensive. This technically isn't a pencil brush--it's kind of a cross between that and a more fluffy crease brush--but I've found that, when used with a light hand, it can do the same job as a pencil brush (I use it to apply color to my crease and to define my outer v).
Fortunately, my brush arrived in good condition. It's very dense and soft, yet it has a good amount of resistance/stiffness at the same time. I also haven't had any issues with the ferrule, as other users have. I'm completely happy with it and I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I use this to apply darker shades to my outer v. Mine is densely packed and works well for the job and is the right size for my eyes since it's not big or too small.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really know how to use this brush. It's kinda small and dense. I was hoping to use it as a crease brush, to blend, but it's too small and dense for that.

However I think it's kinda like a pencil brush, only more rounded instead of pointy. You could probably use it for smoky eyes, in the outer v. Since I use a lot of loose shadows I think it's a bit difficult to use for that.

EDIT:
I actually like this brush a lot now! I caved and bought a MAC 217 brush, and these two are my favorite crease brushes right now! I have droopy eyelids and a pretty small crease so this brush works perfect putting color in the crease. Then I use the 217 to blend it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I LOVE this brush! IMO, this brush, the Complexion brush, the Powder brush, and the Eyeshadow "C" brush are pretty much essential for anyone's makeup wardrobe! I really suck at applying shadows, especially at the crease. I would either put on too much or apply the shadow too high. This brush makes it super easy for me to apply shadows to the crease, lid, and blend it out! Heck yeah, I would repurchase! :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice contour brush. It's the perfect size for the corners of my eyes. It makes applying eyeshadow easy...I would purchase this brush again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the brush. The fibers are pretty, they feel nice, the coverage with the brush is great, and there's a bit of give to the bristles to help it sweep across your eyelid.

Would use multiples, no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by cookayhaikoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite brushes ever. It is so soft and fits perfectly into my crease and outer v (and i have small lids). It is soft and I didn't have a problem with scratchiness or anything. I'm definately going to order another one of these, or maybe two more :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AshleyLovePeace

I use this brush everyday. It's nice and dense so it's easy to pack on eyeshadow to my outer v and crease. Soft, durable and inexpensive. A great brush!