E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/1/2010 8:24:00 PM

Another great product!
It looks good, feels good, and works well. It applies shadow to the crease very nicely. It's also good for packing on colour.
Can't beat the price!

on 2/24/2010 1:18:00 AM

I purchased several brushes from the studio line as a result of great reviews from YT gurus. This brush is of great quality. It feels very sturdy, the ferrule is not loose, and the bristles are firm but very soft abd not at all scratchy. It works as intended, for putting color in the crease, but I find that it doesn't pick up enough of the shadow. There aren't a lot of fibers and as a result it is not a very dense brush. Actually, if you kind of squeeze the bristles, you can see how sparse the hairs really are because the ferrule gapes open. Maybe that's what contouring/crease brushes are supposed to be like, I'm not a pro so I don't really know, but it isn't my favorite crease'contour brush. I prefer Tarte's "brush with greatness" double ended eyeshadow brush. I tend to use this brush to concentrate darker colors in my outer V. I can use this brush, just prefer others over it.

on 2/18/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm really surprised at how much I love this brush! I own the Essence of Beauty Crease Duo (one is big and the other is small), but they don't work well with my eyes because the bristles are a bit stiff. I love the ELF Studio Contouring Brush because the size is slightly smaller than the big Essence of Beauty brush and it's SOFTER too. It fits my eyes perfectly. I use this add a darker contour color into my crease. It does a great job and it's cheap! I love the sleek black handle. I know some people have complained that the bristles are too short and not dense enough, but my brush is not like that at all! Maybe ELF has improved the quality of this?

I bought this brushing thing it would be good to have, and although it is a wonderful brush, I have no real use for it. :(

on 1/21/2010 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this brush better for the crease than the $1 line blending eye brush, and I liked that one a lot. I like this one better because of the sleek packaging and it is better for smaller eyes. I will repurchase more of these for sure!

on 1/16/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product!

Pros:
very sleek
extremely soft
doesn't bleed or shed
very dense
great for the crease or outer v

Cons:
NOTHING!

This is my favorite favorite favorite brush for my crease or outer v! it is just small and dense enough to my liking! so worth the $3! it doesn't get any better!

on 1/16/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very dense brush. The bristles are very stiff, so if you're looking for a contouring brush that can double as a blending brush, this isn't it.

This is for a direct application to the crease/outer corner. It is a little bit big for my eye, but the brush is such that it can be maneuvered to suit my purposes. It's very versatile.

Be gentle with it, as it can be abrasive if you're constantly using a sweeping motion to apply eyeshadow with it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although it works well, I dislike the fact that some of the bristles poke me and are not cut so well; it's actually kinda painful.

on 1/11/2010 1:06:00 PM

I love this brush! I picked this up because I had wanted a pencil brush, but found it difficult to find one that was both vegan-friendly and inexpensive. This technically isn't a pencil brush--it's kind of a cross between that and a more fluffy crease brush--but I've found that, when used with a light hand, it can do the same job as a pencil brush (I use it to apply color to my crease and to define my outer v).
Fortunately, my brush arrived in good condition. It's very dense and soft, yet it has a good amount of resistance/stiffness at the same time. I also haven't had any issues with the ferrule, as other users have. I'm completely happy with it and I would definitely buy it again.

on 1/5/2010 2:35:00 PM

I use this to apply darker shades to my outer v. Mine is densely packed and works well for the job and is the right size for my eyes since it's not big or too small.