July 30, 2014 | 1793 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect MLBB on me (NC35), great long lasting, matte, non drying formula. TY to Lisa Eldridge for introducing me to this (and many other products) great l/s. Revlon has the best lip products in the drugstore, by far.(especially since they've added the lip butters) They can easily stand up with my MAC lippies and my YSL, EL, and Dior ones!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this! This is hands down my favorite nude/natural lipstick. It feels great on the lips and for a matte lipstick, it isn't super drying. I always apply lip balm before applying any lipstick. The color is similar to my natural lip shade so it evens it out nicely. It's great for everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by CemmaW

I'm shocked to see so many people love it here in MUA. But sorry, I hate it.

Color:
I do love the color. It's a matte color that delivers a sophisticated look. It's a soft nude, with a bit pink. However it doesn't show up on my lips as my original lip color is very similar to this one. Good thing is, when I applied this on my mom, whose lip color is darker than mine, the color showed up beautifully. The pigmentation is very decent I would say. Also, it does transfer, like a pink mark on your cups.

Package:
I'm not a fan of cylinder tube as it tends to roll(then fall off the table and hit the ground then break the lipstick). But the design is very classic, just like every Revlon lipstick.

Moistures:
I know, lipsticks are not for moisturizing. But this one dries way too much and makes my lips chapped after approximately 2 hours of application. The first hour is fine, everything is perfect. But when it moves on to the second hour. Oh boy! It's horrible. My lips looks so chapped like they are dying for lip balm even though it doesn't feel so. Be aware, reapplication only makes matter worse. The lips literally looks flaky. And the lips lines are going to be so obvious like a attention grabber.
This is why I only give this a 2 -star. As much as I love the outcome, I can't wear this lipstick often, or else my lips will make me look like someone live in Siberia with no lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ninjaturtles

I was looking for a everyday nude lipstick, and my previous positive experience with Really Red brought my search back to Revlon's matte line.

The colour is great-- opaque and highly pigmented, and just one swipe will cover my lips! The name is kinda misleading though, seeing as there is almost no lilac tint to it, more of a soft, all-rounded nude pink. I have medium Asian skin with slight yellow undertones and I find the shade of pink very flattering for me. It wasn't too sickly pale nor too striking. It lasts throughout the day too, unless I eat something then I need some touch-up.

I think everyone who want to use matte lipsticks will have the concern of dry lips but this doesn't have that effect on me! It's super creamy and I didn't even have to exfoliate/prep in advance to apply it. Even when it showed signs of drying out (especially on the bottom lip, where the crack lines are) it's not as obvious compared to Really Red.

In conclusion a pretty good lipstick for the price (I got it at $12.90 during a sale), considering that I'll be using this almost everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC25, been using this for almost a month and I love love love this. Color looks quite natural one me. Nude-ish mauve but still adds a bit of color to my lips while evening their color out. Quite smooth, and not as drying as my Mac Matte, but obviously not moisturizing either. But I don't mind as the color is perfect and super opaque! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by suusuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this. Gorgeous and makes my lips look so full. The best way to describe it would be Angelina Jolies lips, that same sort of color and fullness. My new favorite lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ambyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about 5 months ago and think it's great. I love Revlon lipsticks and this one is pretty nice. I love how its so close to my natural lip color. I would repurchase again for sure! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Lovelyluisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tan girls- this is perfect for us !!!! JUST THE PERFECT NEAUTRAL !!! I don't care if its pricey ...I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This with some mac clear lipglass on top is perfect. Sometimes I like to go crazy on my eyes so my lips need to be toned down on color. I've got a ton of shades that are loud, deep, heavily pigmented etc, but not one that's a natural looking shade such as this. So glad i decided to pick this up, couldn't be happier(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I bought this colour based on the positive reviews here on MUA. The colour is somewhat similar to my own lip colour. I pair it with a neutral gloss. It's a great 'everyday' lipstick. Or when you have a lot going on with your eye makeup, this lipstick will help balance things out. It's very simple, very matte. There's no glitter or sparkle. Glides on smoothly and evenly. I like to wear a lip balm underneath though. I have an olive/tan skin tone, and this looks just lovely. I like the packaging and how you hear a 'click' when you put the lid on. I know it's not gonna pop off in my makeup bag and make a mess. The majority of my lipstick collection comes from Revlon and MAC. Two amazing companies that don't participate in animal testing! : )