September 19, 2014 | 881 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by littlewhisspers

I bought this lipstick because I was trying to find a nude for graduation. I found it extremely difficult to find a nude for me because I'm not into colors that are lighter than my natural lip color. I searched a ton of nudes on the internet and decided to purchase this lipstick because of Heart on youtube (ThatsHeart). I think it's a perfect nude for me because it doesn't totally wash me out. If you're hesitant about nudes and are trying to find one that doesn't wash you out and has a hint of pink, get this one!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid I don't understand the hype around this lipstick. It's a lot darker and more brown-based than I thought it would be. I really wanted to like it but the colour just doesn't suit me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I love Revlon mattes in general. This is not my favourite of them, but it has enough pigment so I don`t look washed out like with Pink Pout (Mac Lady Gaga pale). I top it with BM Buxom Dolly which on it`s own goes almost clear, dare I say MLBB. 4 lippies for this, 1 for Pink Pout and 5 for the best most weared and wearable colours: Pink About it, Strawberry Suede (THE BEST& back-upped), Fabulous Fig and Really Red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What great value for money! The colour is so wearable and goes with any makeup I wear. I could use it everyday. Its non drying and I am pretty pleased with the price! Definitely a win!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a big Revlon lipstick fan, but the matte lipstick is a miss for me. I tried it in 003 "Mauve it Over"' which is a great colour, but man, they are not kidding when they say matte! This lipstick is way too drying for me! It sucked all moisture out of my lips and left them chapped, flakey, and irritated. Not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On turning 30 I noticed that more and more I was moving away from gloss and was more into lipstick. I just feel like it is more flattering and less high maintenance than gloss. Of all of the lipsticks that i have tried this one is my holy grail every day one, the one that goes on easily, feels good, stays put, goes with everything and gives me a great natural MLBB look. Wearing it makes my lips look full and healthy and it gives me a very polished and pretty look. I am very fair (NW15) and worried at first that it might be too orange on me, but honestly it's a great pinky-brown. I will say that this could turn orange on some ladies; you can't be sure until you try it on, but luckily many stores have great return policies, so you're not risking too much. Price is good, packaging is attractive and simple. It can be drying, which is why I make sure to swipe on some balm first, once I do that I'm good to go. Wear time is fantastic in my opinion, I get a good 5 hours out of it. Just a great product that gives a wonderful sophisticated look that I adore. I actually bought a back up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect MLBB on me (NC35), great long lasting, matte, non drying formula. TY to Lisa Eldridge for introducing me to this (and many other products) great l/s. Revlon has the best lip products in the drugstore, by far.(especially since they've added the lip butters) They can easily stand up with my MAC lippies and my YSL, EL, and Dior ones!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this! This is hands down my favorite nude/natural lipstick. It feels great on the lips and for a matte lipstick, it isn't super drying. I always apply lip balm before applying any lipstick. The color is similar to my natural lip shade so it evens it out nicely. It's great for everyday.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by CemmaW

I'm shocked to see so many people love it here in MUA. But sorry, I hate it.

Color:
I do love the color. It's a matte color that delivers a sophisticated look. It's a soft nude, with a bit pink. However it doesn't show up on my lips as my original lip color is very similar to this one. Good thing is, when I applied this on my mom, whose lip color is darker than mine, the color showed up beautifully. The pigmentation is very decent I would say. Also, it does transfer, like a pink mark on your cups.

Package:
I'm not a fan of cylinder tube as it tends to roll(then fall off the table and hit the ground then break the lipstick). But the design is very classic, just like every Revlon lipstick.

Moistures:
I know, lipsticks are not for moisturizing. But this one dries way too much and makes my lips chapped after approximately 2 hours of application. The first hour is fine, everything is perfect. But when it moves on to the second hour. Oh boy! It's horrible. My lips looks so chapped like they are dying for lip balm even though it doesn't feel so. Be aware, reapplication only makes matter worse. The lips literally looks flaky. And the lips lines are going to be so obvious like a attention grabber.
This is why I only give this a 2 -star. As much as I love the outcome, I can't wear this lipstick often, or else my lips will make me look like someone live in Siberia with no lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ninjaturtles

I was looking for a everyday nude lipstick, and my previous positive experience with Really Red brought my search back to Revlon's matte line.

The colour is great-- opaque and highly pigmented, and just one swipe will cover my lips! The name is kinda misleading though, seeing as there is almost no lilac tint to it, more of a soft, all-rounded nude pink. I have medium Asian skin with slight yellow undertones and I find the shade of pink very flattering for me. It wasn't too sickly pale nor too striking. It lasts throughout the day too, unless I eat something then I need some touch-up.

I think everyone who want to use matte lipsticks will have the concern of dry lips but this doesn't have that effect on me! It's super creamy and I didn't even have to exfoliate/prep in advance to apply it. Even when it showed signs of drying out (especially on the bottom lip, where the crack lines are) it's not as obvious compared to Really Red.

In conclusion a pretty good lipstick for the price (I got it at $12.90 during a sale), considering that I'll be using this almost everyday.