September 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Concealers - Almay - Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 3:37:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

This is an okay concealer. I don't think there is anything special about it. It covers well, but not perfectly. I have it in Medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Flowerstar

This is a great concealer for dark undereye circles. It covers blemishes nicely too with a couple of layers. It has a nice light and creamy texture and really does seem to last most of the day. The light shade is a great match for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

Although I love my YSL concealer, I'm always on the look for cheaper substitute and I'm surprised to find Almay is actually pretty decent given the price. The coverage is smooth, though you might need a touch-up in the afternoon. If you moisture the under-eye area well, it doesn't crease. make sure you set it with powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 6:56:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for covering blemishes, but like others have said below, not so great at covering undereye circles. It lasts all day, and does not seem to cake on my face. Overall, a pretty decent concealer for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

This concealer isn't half bad. I don't think it covers or stays as long as it should. It makes a halfway decent concealer but I think there are better concealers out there. Almay gets points for not making this too pink, it's more yellow based (I have the light).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 More reviews by moneybunny

I really liked this at first. I have horrible circles under my eyes and darkness on my lids so I bought it in Medium(It has yellow tones in it like my skin). It has good coverage and lasted all day without setting with powder. Then after a week or so I noticed that it got cakey and flaky, and I could feel it there under on my eyes. It wasn't heavy, just really dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2005 1:34:00 AM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A drugstore winner! I have this in Medium, and it covers pretty well, looks really natural, and stays all day. Blends into skin with a light, powderish finish. Fantastic price. I took one lippie away b/c I'm not able to use it to cover undereye circles. I only use it to cover blemishes/red spots. But it's great for that! :o) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

I've tried both Light and Medium, and neither worked very well for me since I'm between shades (as an NC20). Bleh. It was also runny and did not stay put at all. I much prefer my Becca concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetpeacali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't cover undereye circles well, but doesn't look bad (i.e. cakey or powdery) either. Just doesn't give a lot of coverage. It works fairly well on pimples and red spots, though. I like it, but I doubt I'll buy it again... I'd rather have something that I can use under my eyes, too. UPDATE 1/21: I've been using this under my eyes just because I'm too lazy to buy something else, and I'm surprised to find that I'm quite happy with it. It doesn't give obvious coverage, but my under-eye circles aren't terribly bad. This is just enough to brighten up that area without looking overly made-up. I may actually re-purchase! I'm adding a lippy to my initial review. :0)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2004 7:36:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Light. Thankfully, I don't have anything to cover up right now, but I tested it on a faded old pimple scar. It worked pretty well. It's sheer, but I'm not looking for massive coverage. Good stuff!