October 22, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I picked up this mascara recently at Ulta and took it home with high hopes for "plump" lashes. The following day, I ripped open the package and took this new found mascara for a test drive. My first problem with this mascara is the wand size. I'm one of those that applies mascara to the front *and* back on my lashes, and this wand is just entirely too big to allow me to do that .. without getting mascara all over my eyelids. The wand was very bendy .. making it hard to manuever, and the formula itself left a lot to be desired .. the consistency seemed very watery and sheer. I look for volume in a mascara and unfortunately, this failed to deliver that. I think the original 2000 calorie was far better than this. So right back to Ulta this went .. and I, went right back to my beloved L'oreal Voluminous.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by gnechole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!It made my lashes look just how I love for them to...dark&long.The tube is super cute and I love the brush....packing is just like covergirl's lashblast.even the brush is the same.However,this stuff cost like $10!So that's why I got it a 5 for it's price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite for almost false looking lashes, which is my everyday look. (My lashes are naturally long, but too thin.) If you prefer lengthening mascara, something natural looking, or you tend to have problems with "clumps," my sense is that you may not like this mascara as much as I do.

MF 2000 Calorie Extreme's fat tube and brush are identical to that of Cover Girl Lash Blast. (I had high hopes for CG Lash Blast, but it wasn't nearly good enough to replace my longtime drugstore fave L'Oreal Voluminous.) I like how the tube wipes most of the excess mascara from the brush before application.

Thankfully, MF 2000 Calorie Extreme is a different formula than CG Lash Blast. It not only thickens, but also curls my lashes and adds some length. The "black velvet" color is great (better than the color I chose for Lash Blast, which ultimately looked like mud on my lashes). 2000 Calorie Extreme washes off easily with my La Vitton cleansing oil followed by more conventional cleanser. The best part, which makes it preferable to L'Oreal Voluminous in my book, is that it does not flake hardly at all, or contribute to raccoon eyes.

I agree with the reviewers who advise not to use this on your lower lashes, although I rarely use any mascara on my lower lashes. It just looks wrong on me for some reason.

I wish the tube were smaller, or at least thinner (I won't be travelling with it), but the formula is better for my thin lashes than Max Factor Volume Couture and all of the Cover Girl mascaras with rubberized wands (I tried them all). I am so excited to find this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara leaves my eyelashes irritated and clumpy. The wand is terrible, the bristles are too densely packed and there is too much product left on the wand. I cant even tell if it actually gives me any volume or not my lashes are too thickly coated. I think I will stick with Lashblast.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lauratnguyen

I LOVE THIS MASCARA! One LIGHT coat of this mascara can equal to two coats of the volume couture! It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lillybettina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love. Totally love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this today and used it twice. Without curling my lashes, the mascara curled my lashes a little bit. After curling my lashes, i lost a bit of the curl after applying it. This does not give me dramatic lashes either. It's good for everyday wear but not for drama. Didn't exactly "plump" my lashes either. The only mascara that has given me false lashes is the Kiss Cosmetics (wrote a review) Glamourous Volume mascara. And with my dinky short straight Asian lashes, I swear by it. Anyway, the MF mascara which I used non-waterproof is decent. It makes my lashes feel soft and natural which other mascara's don't- they feel dry. There are minor flakes, extremely minor, only if you stare at yourself really close to the mirror you can tell. But other than that, I think it's pretty good for everyday mascara. And easy to remove with remover. Will update if I find anything else with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by esmerelda2007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little background . . . I first saw this product on a makeup-artists competition reality show on cable earlier this year and thot, "if the professionals are using it, it must be good." I won't wate your time. I bought it, tried it and it's marvelous. Creates a doe-eyed effect, long and thick lashes - the works. And I have the most invisible lashes ever, so if this product could do this, then its definitely a keeper.
    Seriously, it makes my lashes look like falsies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by sparkleprincess81

I love this mascara! I'm a major mascara junkie and usually buy several different brands each month to try. Thus far, 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper has been great. It really fattens up my skinny, sparse lashes and gives me that false lashes effect without the nasty glue. Don't care for this on the bottom lashes but that's not a deal breaker, I just use a waterproof mascara with a smaller brush for them. I've had no flaking or clumping and this really looks good all throughout the day. Would most definitely repurchase this mascara and I hope Max Factor never stops making it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I love this mascara. This is amazing for DS mascara. I tried it because of the reviews here! It does not look overdone but does show up and add a great look. I have longer lashes and they are naturally curled but they are not as thick as I would like. This does not clump, adds volume and length. I reach for this one all the time. Dior show, Clinique glossy and Bourjois volume clubbing are also my favorites.