Cover Girl Simply Ageless

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Ozokerite, Acetyl Glucosamine, Silica, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Methicone, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain: Iron Oxides, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide

on 12/9/2011 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like some of the other reviewers, I too was a foundation snob, buying only department store brands, mostly Clinique. I still love Clinique, but after the third time of having Clinique discontinue the foundation I was using, I got fed up and decided to take the cheaper route and head to the drugstore. Based on good reviews, I tried Simply Ageless and I really love it. It's every bit as good as the more expensive foundations I was using. It provides good coverage, yet looks natural and stays on all day. A big hurdle for me is finding a foundation that doesn't cause the eyeliner and mascara on my lower lids to smudge, and Simply Ageless passed the test. Also, it's easy and quick to apply. The colors are light, so while I would use the lightest color for Clinique, I had to go one darker with Simply Ageless (ie.,210). In short, this is a fantastic product at a reasonable price. It's readily available, doesn't smudge my eyemakeup, looks natural, and stays on all day.

on 12/7/2011 4:42:00 AM

I used this for a day, and didn't use it again because it wasn't for me.

If you have NOT oily skin, and can actually find your shade, I think it'd be great for you.

on 12/4/2011 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, so I don't use this product alone. I start off with my avon magix primer, and then i mix a little bit of this with my neutrogena tinted moisturizer because i like my foundation to be natural, but also moisturizing. I set it with some loose powder. I've been using this for 2 years or so and really like it. I'm 19, so I don't have wrinkles and can't comment on that, but this doesn't set into my pores and honestly looks much more natural than any other makeup out there. I really recommend it if you're looking for something natural and light, but beware, it can be a little greasy.

on 12/1/2011 9:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this because of a sale/coupon combo and I wanted to try the Simply Ageless under eye concealer so I got the foundation too. In the winter, my skin gets quite dry and I thought this would be a good moisturizing foundation because of the Olay component. I was wrong. After applying this foundation, within an hour or so, it cakes onto the dry areas and makes them SO noticeable. Yuck. My cheek even looked scaly and that was after exfoliating and moisturizing before applying it. Had to throw it away after using it for about a week.
The positives--it applies easily and blends smoothly. I like the packaging too. I used my own sponge to apply, not the lame one that came with it. And, it did not break me out, so that's good.

on 11/21/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, I really liked it! I used it for about a week and then I started noticing that it was drying up in the package. It got worse and worse til I had to throw it away. (And it wasn't cheap, ya know) Well, I thought I might have had a dud so I bought another one. The same thing happened. It's a shame because that first week or so it really worked well with great coverage! I'll stick to my Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder, which is basically the same thing but has NEVER dried up on me like this. Give it a shot, and it cost about a 1/3 of the other!

on 11/20/2011 9:28:00 AM

I don't understand the bad reviews! I guess everyone's different. I have been using bare minerals for years, but this gives me better coverage in less time and doesn't feel cake-like or heavy. Stays on nicely.

on 11/12/2011 8:05:00 PM

This is a grerat creme foundation, I have combination/oily skin and this foundation stays put and feels light on my skin. I do set it with a light powder and I usually have to blot once during the day. If not applied correctly it can look cakey. I find the best application is with a foundation brush and to build it slowly and it will melt into your skin. The packaging could use a mirror and for drug store make up it is pretty expensive, $20 in Canada. Also the colors tend to run very light so go a shade darker then you think you need.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this foundation! I have oily skin and this foundation gives it the perfect texture and I don't even need powder! I love the color too. I'm NC30 in MAC and I am natural beige in this. The best application method is definitely a foundation brush. I use the handy buki by Bare Minerals and it applies the perfect amount of foundation.

on 11/4/2011 11:41:00 AM

I really like this foundation. I found the best way for me to apply this is with foundation brush, I'm able to control how much product goes on so it doesn't look cakey. It glides on and has great coverage and doesn't break me out, I'm only 22 so can't say how it is with wrinkles. It lasts all day on me. I do have to apply moisturizer and/or primer before I put this on though.The first few times I used this I really didn't care for it but once I got the application down I really like it. I used to always use revlons colorstay in the lightest color and I use this in the lightest also and I don't have the problems like others are having with it being too light, It's perfect color for me. I only took one lippie off because it's a little expensive for a drugstore brand but I will buy again it's been a little over 2 months since i bought it and am just now having to buy a new one.

on 11/1/2011 2:40:00 AM

I am very unhappy with this product. I bought it on sale and was really looking forward to a "moisturizing" foundation that would glide over wrinkles and not settle into fine lines like Ellen said. I've also been using the yellow under-eye corrector from this line so I thought it would be great. No dice. This looked terrible on me. I've used Cover Girl powders and foundations before and classic ivory is my color but it is much lighter in this formula. Maybe it has something to do with the swirl? Anyway I cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturized before applying and it brought out every line and really accentuated some flaky patches I have. I don't need a lot of coverage, I usually just use a little powder foundation to even my skin and it never looks as flaky as this. It looked like a strange see through coating on my skin that is hard to describe. It sort of looked as if I put a thin layer of white zinc oxide sunscreen. I guess it's back to dots of concealer blended out with pressed powder.