December 27, 2014 | 880 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by aimeee1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I really liked it! I used it for about a week and then I started noticing that it was drying up in the package. It got worse and worse til I had to throw it away. (And it wasn't cheap, ya know) Well, I thought I might have had a dud so I bought another one. The same thing happened. It's a shame because that first week or so it really worked well with great coverage! I'll stick to my Cover Girl Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder, which is basically the same thing but has NEVER dried up on me like this. Give it a shot, and it cost about a 1/3 of the other!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Mom2kidsilove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't understand the bad reviews! I guess everyone's different. I have been using bare minerals for years, but this gives me better coverage in less time and doesn't feel cake-like or heavy. Stays on nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jennicepen

This is a grerat creme foundation, I have combination/oily skin and this foundation stays put and feels light on my skin. I do set it with a light powder and I usually have to blot once during the day. If not applied correctly it can look cakey. I find the best application is with a foundation brush and to build it slowly and it will melt into your skin. The packaging could use a mirror and for drug store make up it is pretty expensive, $20 in Canada. Also the colors tend to run very light so go a shade darker then you think you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I have oily skin and this foundation gives it the perfect texture and I don't even need powder! I love the color too. I'm NC30 in MAC and I am natural beige in this. The best application method is definitely a foundation brush. I use the handy buki by Bare Minerals and it applies the perfect amount of foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by spicym0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I found the best way for me to apply this is with foundation brush, I'm able to control how much product goes on so it doesn't look cakey. It glides on and has great coverage and doesn't break me out, I'm only 22 so can't say how it is with wrinkles. It lasts all day on me. I do have to apply moisturizer and/or primer before I put this on though.The first few times I used this I really didn't care for it but once I got the application down I really like it. I used to always use revlons colorstay in the lightest color and I use this in the lightest also and I don't have the problems like others are having with it being too light, It's perfect color for me. I only took one lippie off because it's a little expensive for a drugstore brand but I will buy again it's been a little over 2 months since i bought it and am just now having to buy a new one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very unhappy with this product. I bought it on sale and was really looking forward to a "moisturizing" foundation that would glide over wrinkles and not settle into fine lines like Ellen said. I've also been using the yellow under-eye corrector from this line so I thought it would be great. No dice. This looked terrible on me. I've used Cover Girl powders and foundations before and classic ivory is my color but it is much lighter in this formula. Maybe it has something to do with the swirl? Anyway I cleansed, exfoliated, and moisturized before applying and it brought out every line and really accentuated some flaky patches I have. I don't need a lot of coverage, I usually just use a little powder foundation to even my skin and it never looks as flaky as this. It looked like a strange see through coating on my skin that is hard to describe. It sort of looked as if I put a thin layer of white zinc oxide sunscreen. I guess it's back to dots of concealer blended out with pressed powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used this product in college, back when i just got excited if something matched my skintone.(in my defense, it can be hard to do, half of my makeup adventures end with me going with the lightest shade available and finding out it's too dark.) and it was quite nice for a while- very creamy, covered my blemishes in one step, etc.-but after a bit it started getting annoying. it feels hydrating, but then it made my skin really flaky. it also became too light for my skin, which shocked me. i think both of these problems stem from the olay serum, which probably contains retinol, which irritates my skin, and gives some kind of whitish tint to the product that makes it lighter than it would be otherwise, and both of these problems got more complicated as i worked my way to the bottom of the jar, where the colors are less mixed. also, the packaging was a drag-i really dislike having to unscrew the lid AND there's no mirror. i have the same problem with the maybelline dream smooth compact(they are basically the same design) i cant help but think there should be a better way to make a compact. this is america, we put a man on the moon. can we not create a convenient, sanitary way to use cream foundation?
so, basically, i think most of the problems with this product lie in the formulation/packaging/fancy swirl department, but its otherwise a nice product. having used it when i was 21-22, i cant really vouch for its wrinkle reduction, but it provides medium to heavy coverage for an okay price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyVictoria

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try this since I am 63 with deep wrinkles. I carried the ad around for a couple of weeks. It looked so bad when I used it that I immediately took it back to CVS. It just sat in the wrinkles and floated on the non-wrinkled areas. It seemed to magnify the wrinkles. I purchased the concealer and the primer as well. Who knows what the primer did but the concealer just sat in the creases and looked as bad as the foundation. My pores were accentuated and my face looked greasy even though I have very dry skin.

Back to Mary Kay.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by joyw2010

I read some not-so-good reviews of this product, but I just couldn't resist the temptation of the ads so I bought one last week. I regret it very much, it does create such a mask like, unnatural look. So I use it as concealer, which works better than using it as foundation. But maybe I picked wrong shade, I hope they offer tester so people can try it before spending their money. But at the end of the day, this foundation feels moisturazing, which is at least lenient to your skin. I might try their blush in the future, but not the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by piecreampie

The product: Great, natural-looking coverage (esp. for someone like me with very fair skin)! Awesome for my normal to oily skin with some breakouts (very rarely dry but it usually is okay for that as well). Blends wonderfully. Didn't cause breakouts after using a product that did. I am hooked on it.

Packaging: The only things I don't like about the foundation are how it can become unsanitary and almost linty after using it a lot. The packaging is kind of annoying to open conveniently and there is a lot more packaging than product (could have made the plastic clear part less substantial).

Overall an awesome product though! But yes it is hard to find the right color without proper testers. And a little pricey.