Essie Mademoiselle

4.3

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 3/17/2012 8:07:00 AM

I adore this translucent pink because it makes my nails look healthier and shiny. It does look like you've put on clear nail polish and for me, it's a tad lighter than my actual nail colour. I got this while I was in the US, so it was relatively cheap compared to what ridiculous prices we have in Australia (around AUD$20 I think from Myer. I could get cheaper Essie nail polishes from a wholesaler but they ran out of this colour). This is perhaps one of my favourite nail polishes, along with Chanel's Rouge Noir. (Can you imagine? The demure Essie Mademoiselle sitting next to the seductive and vampish Rouge Noir...)

on 2/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

My first Essie experience and I loved it. Such an easy pale pink to apply. No bare patches or streaking. It will become a standard. I paid AUS$20 (about US$22) for it here but after liking it so much I ordered 15 different Essie polishes online from the US and even with ridiculous postage costs it still only cost me AUS$9 per bottle. So will buy again but online from the US and not locally. The rating for price that I've given reflects the retail price here in Australia. OPI is also AUS$20 a bottle here so polish is generally more expensive here than in US. I'm still experimenting with the best base and top coats but so far wear has been about 3 or 4 days but that was with either Revital or Sally Hansen treatment as base coats. Will experiment with some purpose made base coats to see if I can extend wear time.

on 2/10/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely not what I had expected. I went to the store and on an impulse bought this nailpolish, knowing that Essie has such nice, often unique shades of colour. I picked it out from about ten shades that were very close, based only on the plastic 'swatch' that the sales rack provides. On that swatch the colour was exactly like the colour in the pot. Unfortunately, on my nails it turns out almost completely transparent, even after several layers. I wish I had done my internet research before picking out a 10 shade that looks like any cheap transparent polish. The only thing that kept me from giving this product the lowest rating, is the fact that the consistency of the polish is really nice to work with and I also like the wide brush.

on 1/27/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nice soft neutral nail color. A step above your basic clear coat, as it is very sheer. Good staying power.

on 1/23/2012 1:56:00 AM

What is up with people's reviews on this polish. It's almost exactly like a top coat. It gives a glossy finish with the TINIEST hint of pink. Yeah, my nails look darn healthy but it's the same look I could get from a buffing brush or a top coat. I'd like something with a little more color.

on 1/13/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for the perfect sheer, in all my years of wearing nail polish I have never found such a thing. This was another fail. It looks so purple on my nails and makes my hands look sickly. The quest continues...

on 1/7/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is some what of a french manicure pink, if you actually want the opaqueness not your luck. this is a sheer product but it goes on fairly smooth. it gives out a jelly finish.

on 1/3/2012 12:49:00 AM

I love this nail polish. Probably one of the only nail polishes I will finish in my lifetime. I always go back to this. I get so many compliments when I wear it! People always think I have beautiful gel nails on or my nails are super healthy. Love the jelly like finish and its super shiny. The only thing I have a problem is that it chips a little faster than my Sally Hansen Xtreme wear polishes but thats ok. At least people cant really tell when it chips.

on 12/14/2011 1:21:00 AM

Wanted a little more color, wore too white once layered and too nude with only 1-2. Pretty in bottle. Maybe try a better shade next time, will see how it holds tho.Edit:is holding up pretty well, maybe just try a solid color next time.

Edit:holds up very well. After 1 week only 3 out of the 5 nails have chipped and its a millimeter or less at the base. That is without topcoat,basecoat, just acetone and two coats. Holds up very well.

on 12/13/2011 5:28:00 PM

Wanted to love it, as it is quite polished and shiny. But ew, the lavender tones make me look dead. Or deprived of oxygen. Or something. Still on the hunt for a true "manicure in a bottle."

Popular Polishes