April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this one because I thought it would be a creme version of my beloved "Delicacy". In the bottle, the color looks exactly the same, but on my nails "Mademoiselle" played an ugly trick on me. I have fair yellow toned skin, and somehow the color of my hands, turned this polish into a luminous, neon purple nightmare. Even my colleagues who normally never comment on my nails (not even when they are green) asked me if Barbie had made me paint them in that color. I then painted my cool toned daughter's nails with it, and on her it was just a pretty, sheer pink - no neon, no purple, no nightmare. I really wish Essie would provide us with testers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by largloworm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a classic. Been around for years! Great as part of a french!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this :D my nails are naturally strong and grow longer than typical fake nails and are squoval. Two coats of this makes them look even healthier, and sheer enough so you can see my nails. Also good for a very natural french.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

dries fast, my nails look instantly gorgeous with one application!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CChest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to polish. Perfect for every day. Have already re-purchased several times. Very, very pleased with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This really IS a lighter, more polished color of the color of my nail bed! I've painted this polish on one hand and comparing it to my other non-painted hand, I have to say the difference is subtle. But at $8, Essie Mademoiselle definitely adds a little "something" - it really would be great for work, especially in a more conservative environment. I find flesh-tone, nude polish to make hands look like a mannequin, which isn't always good (can look a little freaky), but this lightens up the color of your nail bed and just makes your nails look PERFECT.

Yes, I do need 2-3 coats of this polish BUT it doesn't streak so I have no qualms whatsoever :) Plus, I find I don't necessarily even need a top coat with this polish. Less work for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by canadian

A very sheer light pink polish. Gives your nails a nice natural glossy look. It's a great everyday color and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Too pale next to my super-fair skin tone. Just looked like a slightly, barely pink clear coat. Effective for a nude shade but boring on my toes. I wish I'd known this was a sheer shade and not opaque. Disappionted...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shade, so natural and shiny. This is the second bottle I have purchased. My Mom used it as well and loved it. I especially like the way it just wears off, no chipping. I am pretty rough on my hands, cleaning, sports and gardening. This is perfect for a short, but polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely sheer pale pink...looks wonderful on my nails...will become a favorite color along with Ballet Slippers for my manicures...