December 21, 2014 | 1658 users online

Treatments (Face) - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by eMruss20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Guacamole! These things are fantastic! I will definately keep purchasing these. I suffer from cystic acne a little bit on my chin and it takes about 2 days for them to go away (much better than months and months)! This product is highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by eshta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I canīt live without these!
Even if I only get the occational pimple now and then,I always keep these in stock-
whenever one show itīs ugly head I stick on one of these and they are somehow magically flattened out overnight;the mark can easily be covered(for severe acne problems itīs best to consult a derm,of course)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ANGELACUNG

This is my holy grail to getting through college. It works magic on pimples. I get one of these babies out when I pop a pimple. Even if I get all the "pus" out, there's more that you can't squeeze out and these little patches vacuum EVERYTHING out by the next morning. INVEST IN THESE

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by m_a_a_n

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing! :) Great product for ready-to-pop pimples.

This sucks out the bad stuff pretty well. Pricking the pus-filled pimple with a sterile needle will be helpful. and to be effective on some spots, you would have to wear this 2 nights in a row.

Still hoping that they would invent a truly invisible product to be worn during the day time.

Update: 5/12/2013 - I'm still loving these! It's not available where I live... but I hoard (10++ boxes) whenever I travel to Hong Kong :) I even got the courage to wear this during day time. Haha. As long as it drains the pus and flattens the acne then I'm all good.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are hydrocolloid patches that I have used for years on burns and acne wounds. After squeezing, if you are left with an open wound that dries on the surface, but is still oozing on the inside (gross, I know), I find it takes much longer to heal, and I can't stop myself from picking at them! These patches absorb the moisture from the wound, but stop it from drying out, so that it heals quickly, and with less scarring. I find pimples lose their swelling overnight if I put this on straight after squeezing, so that the next day, I can just cover the reddish mark with concealer. I keep my patches in a sealed zipper bag to make ensure they don't dry out. Brilliant product, not costly, and I will keep repurchasing!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ever squeezed a zit and it went all wrong? Bleeding, broken skin, damage. This is when the Nexcare acne dressing/patch will save you. I had a horrible zit just like that and normally an icky, crusty scab would form. I put an acne patch on it and left it overnight. During the night, the patch had turned white and when I took it off, no scab! Just even skin and a red area where the damage was - fantastic!

You should use this after you squeeze a zit and it'll heal perfectly and quicker without any scabbing or flaking. It won't shrink zits if you haven't squeezed the gunk out, though.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I have plenty of creams and medication for keeping acne at bay, but when a nasty zit (the kind where you can clearly see the white pus) does arise, this is my HG treatment.
These little stickers are slightly tacky- but not stickers like you of them (you know, sticky paper that's shiny on one side) but more like solidified gel that is water soluble.
The best way to make this work for you, is to use them on a zit that you're tempted to pop, but you know you shouldn't. At night, after you've cleansed your face, gently blot it dry with a towel and before all the water dries off your face, take a sticker and stick it on the zit. It's a bit hard to tell which side is supposed to be the sticky side, but if you peel away the two sheets of plastic, the side that is still clinging to the plastic is the side you want. Use your finger to hold it down on the zit for a moment, the heat from your fingers and the left over moisture from washing will help it stick (too wet, and it'll slide off).
The next morning, when you peel it off, you should notice that the sticker has sucked up the pus (disgusting, I know). In fact, if you look at the sticker itself closely, you can see the white liquid absorbed into the sticker (which by now should be a less solid and a little more gel like). The pimple should definitely be reduced in size, and I find that they are usually less red and irritated as well.
This is best suited for people who occasionally get a big pus filled zit, not those who get cystic acne (there's no fluids it can come in contact with to suck out) or those who have moderate to severe acne.
If you can, find a friend in Asia to send you some- it's much cheaper there than it is to purchase it online.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a pack of 18 from sasa.com and even though they are fairly cheap, I went through the pack in a matter of days so it is expensive to use on a regular basis.

However, the patch does work. It seems to suck out all the pus and reduces the swelling, but it takes at least 3 days for cystic acne, along with your other acne treatments cos if you use these patches alone, I dont think they are as effective.

The box says that it should be used under makeup but makeup or no makeup, the patches shouldnt be worn in public! Although its yellow tone, once stuck on my face, you can see the patch a mile off.

UPDATE- I still think that it does not work as well on acne that has not come to a head but for the pimples with a head/ous (pustules ?), it works amazing. I had a huge spot on my nose and once it was yellow and had pus, I stuck a patch on over night and the next morning, it sukced out the pus and it was completely flattened out and the following day, its gone but has left a small little red mark

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

Description :

Nexcareô Acne Patch is a skin-colored, water-based material that acts like a sponge to absorb the oily secretion and pus. It acts as a barrier over the acne to reduce hand contact and infection. It is also waterproof yet breathable thus helps improve healing time while ensuring comfort.
When you see the acne patch turning from skin tone to white tone, this means that the oil secretion has been absorbed.

3Mís patented Tegasorb absorbs maximum oil secretion and pus spot-on and was traditionally a large medical dressing meant for pus absorption in large wounds. Nexcareô Acne Patch was introduced after it was discovered that nurses in the hospitals innovated the product by cutting the dressing into smaller pieces to address their acne problems.

Price: S$4.95 (18ís) and $7.95 (36ís) respectively from Guardian & Watsonís pharmacies

Review: This amazing product was recommended to me by my late friend, and I dedicate this review to her. *Hazel, hereís to you*

Iím not so sure what makes this small little acne patch work, but it sure does work. Just clean your face well, make sure itís dry and stick the acne patch over your pimples. It helps to absorb all the oilies and nasties out, and reduce swelling in the process. A huge pimple could be taken down in just 2-3 pimple patches (roughly a day or 2). Cost wise, it isnít that effective for acne-plagued people like me, as one will have to use up near to a large pack in 2-3 days. However, for the effectiveness, Iím willing to spend!!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No