October 25, 2014 | 1016 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by alabaster1121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just tried this out. Got it on the cheap and it was probably the best $3.50 I have spent. I think it makes my lashes look super fluffy, full, and long. My only quibble is it runs more easily than my last mascara, which was much more expensive, so I'm willing to make the trade. I would buy again and I'm even considering purchasing black-brown (because really, what fair blue-eyed blonde needs black on a daily basis?). I like the brush, which is also fluffy. Overall a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by stephaniecavanaugh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the complaints about clumping and not drying and so on and so forth. The brush and the formula are fabulous -- with a few strokes my lashes were full and nearly scraping my brows and the effect lasts all the day. I got the black/brown, which is intense enough, even with my brown hair and early summer tan. I don't know why I'm giving it a 4 not a 5. Perhaps because I haven't tried Dior?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

1 word.... horrible..
I never was a big fan of L'Oreal mascara's and I do wonder now what the hell I was thinking when I bought this mascara. Yeah got it with special offer of 50% discount. Worth trying then. But boy I so regret it. Horrible.. horrible.. horrible.. I find the brush a bit too big for my eyes. Im scared I poke it in my eyes. Awful finish, clumpsy, horrible smell. Cant throw it away now. Will use it for touch ups or something. Not daily use worthy. Buy again? Oh hell no.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by frankie1980

i like this mascara doesn't dry out too fast. As mentioned in other reviews is a bit flaky but would buy again because of the price. Not sticky like some of the cheaper volumising mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I used this mascara a while back. This mascara does lengthen, but it contains way too much fiber...so it flakes off very fast. Not even 5 minutes after I applied this, there were flakes all over my face. And, when I looked at my lashes, I could tell the mascara wasn't done flaking on me...it was definitely on the verge of creating more flakes. The formula was also too liquidy. This is honestly not what I was expecting from a L'oreal product. This performed more like a Maybelline mascara, (& I hate Maybelline). After I used up the bottle I had, I went straight back to my HG, which is the original L'oreal Voluminous mascara. It never fails me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara flakes more than I imagined was possible. Gives great volume but I found it too look almost black gray (more gray than black) which is so bizarre. I bought this two different times I have no idea why but it really did not work for me. Love the sleek packaging though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives nice volume - you really don't need more than one coat for daywear. BUT - it flakes!! After a few hours, there were tiny flakes around my eyes. I have used it a few times now, and every time it is the same thing. Also, it doesn't seem to last very long and smudges. I don't know - something about it makes my lashes not look great anymore by the end of the day.
Luckily, I got it at a cheaper price. I won't be repurchasing.
I gave this 3 lippies originally. Scratch that - it's only getting 2 lippies. The extra lippie only because it actually does make my lashes look full.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

It's a great mascara that gives a fake eyelash result. The formula is a bit wet but it dries fast. The mascara brush is big but it's not too hard to use when applying it to the lashes. It didn't flake or clump or melt on me (I used it in the heat of summer).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by StaceyT88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite mascara ever.

I try others & always find myself coming back to this one.

I like my lashes to look dense, think & dark & this does just that! I love the thick brush & usually apply a fair few coats to get the finished look. I dont have great lashes to be honest & this makes them look pretty ok!

Drawbacks - I dont think the product lasts very well & because of this it makes it quite expensive.

I do rate Loreal mascaras on the whole & i think this has been there best one to date.

S
x

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alexandramcke

The look i like my lashes to have are long, thick and full. This mascara can help you achieve this look, however, i dont think it will get that look on it's own. The formula is fairly wet, but i find it dries out quicker than other mascaras. The brush is a very big thick looking brush which i LOVE ..I used this mascara a few days just on its own, and it just did not look good at all. It made my lashes very thick, but boy did it leave them looking clumpy and like i had about 6 lashes .. It gave my lashes a little bit of length, but nothing i can't achieve with another mascara. I was disappointed on how fast it dried out, i throw away my mascaras every three months, and with about a month or so of use, i could see a big change , and that it was drying out. I do repurchase this mascara every once in a while, but it's not a product I rush out to get and stock pile. It's great for thickening them, but beware of clumping , the more coats you apply of this mascara, the more it clumped.
Everyone has different eye lashes, so it may work great for you on it's own, but for me, it did not.