December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by roguttmann

although it's has a very large brush, i could easily use it, didn't get dirty on my eyelids or bottom lashes.
gives a bit length and a gentle thickening.
doesn't smudge or crumble, takes off easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I love this mascara!! I usually wear cover girl lash blast but I'm always on the look out for something new.. This is fabulous I have extremely curly/tangled lashes and this really grabs them all and separates them and makes me have full looking doll lashes with no clumps! I'm defiantly a new fan of this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by ctat07

i found this to be comparable to lancomes doll lashes but this gave me more volume and didnt dry out as fast, i receive a lot of compliments with this mascara and i got it on sale for 5.99 canadian which is a great price for mascara! will repurchase over and over again for sure. i find with most mascaras i have to use a lash comb to get out any clumps but not with this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply BLOWN AWAY at this drugstore, dirt-cheap mascara!!! I was using Benefit "They're Real" ($25 at Sephora), and I DO like it a lot...but after using L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara, I will have to say that "They're Real" is now my SECOND favorite. L'Oreal EVC is my new go-to mascara - and for a fraction of the price! I have tried other drugstore brands (from Rimmel to Covergirl and everything in between), and I have to say I have NEVER found one like this one. With ONE stroke I see a difference in length AND volume...with a few strokes I have runway lashes. AMAZING!

I don't know why they call it "Extra Volume Collagen" - where is the "Extra Length" in the title? They are selling themselves short. It does BOTH!

No flakes
No cakeyness.
No wetness.
No clumps.
No smudging (even in warm weather).
And I didn't even buy the waterproof formula.

NOTE: If you're not used to a big, fat brush, it might take you a couple of times to adjust to it (it did me because "They're Real" has a smaller brush with finer bristles), but you will master it after a couple of times - and believe me, it's worth it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by alabaster1121

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just tried this out. Got it on the cheap and it was probably the best $3.50 I have spent. I think it makes my lashes look super fluffy, full, and long. My only quibble is it runs more easily than my last mascara, which was much more expensive, so I'm willing to make the trade. I would buy again and I'm even considering purchasing black-brown (because really, what fair blue-eyed blonde needs black on a daily basis?). I like the brush, which is also fluffy. Overall a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by stephaniecavanaugh

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the complaints about clumping and not drying and so on and so forth. The brush and the formula are fabulous -- with a few strokes my lashes were full and nearly scraping my brows and the effect lasts all the day. I got the black/brown, which is intense enough, even with my brown hair and early summer tan. I don't know why I'm giving it a 4 not a 5. Perhaps because I haven't tried Dior?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

1 word.... horrible..
I never was a big fan of L'Oreal mascara's and I do wonder now what the hell I was thinking when I bought this mascara. Yeah got it with special offer of 50% discount. Worth trying then. But boy I so regret it. Horrible.. horrible.. horrible.. I find the brush a bit too big for my eyes. Im scared I poke it in my eyes. Awful finish, clumpsy, horrible smell. Cant throw it away now. Will use it for touch ups or something. Not daily use worthy. Buy again? Oh hell no.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by frankie1980

i like this mascara doesn't dry out too fast. As mentioned in other reviews is a bit flaky but would buy again because of the price. Not sticky like some of the cheaper volumising mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I used this mascara a while back. This mascara does lengthen, but it contains way too much fiber...so it flakes off very fast. Not even 5 minutes after I applied this, there were flakes all over my face. And, when I looked at my lashes, I could tell the mascara wasn't done flaking on me...it was definitely on the verge of creating more flakes. The formula was also too liquidy. This is honestly not what I was expecting from a L'oreal product. This performed more like a Maybelline mascara, (& I hate Maybelline). After I used up the bottle I had, I went straight back to my HG, which is the original L'oreal Voluminous mascara. It never fails me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara flakes more than I imagined was possible. Gives great volume but I found it too look almost black gray (more gray than black) which is so bizarre. I bought this two different times I have no idea why but it really did not work for me. Love the sleek packaging though.