July 26, 2014 | 928 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by tchenderson

I think these are a wonderful and inexpensive option for brushes. Have been very pleased with these and I have a lot of makeup brushes, both costly and cheap and I really do reach for these quite a bit. I have had mine for over two years and wash them once a month or so. They've held up well and I don't have problems with them shedding. I'm an Esthetician and do makeup lessons and I recommend these for people who are just starting to learn how to do makeup or those who have always just used the crappy brushes that come packaged with cosmetics. They are a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this from Wal-Mart. I did not expect much since it was quite affordable compared to the more expensive brush sets out there, but I was pleasantly surprised. This brush set is awesome!!! I love it so much and it has been better than some of the more expensive brush sets I've tried in the past. I highly recommend this because they are easy to clean, don't smell like some brushes do and don't shed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this set. I use 2 of the brushes everyday for my makeup. I prefer this kabuki to the larger ones because I can maneuver it around my face better. I also use the other face brush for my everyday bronzer on my cheeks. The smaller brushes are nice, especially the round fluffy one to blend out the crease. These brushes are SO SOFT & I will continue to use them. Would highly recommend them & would consider repurchasing if something happened to the set I already have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Amber83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these brushes. I can't imagine buying any other brush. They are so soft and apply makeup really well and are just as good as high quality brushes. I hate brushes that shed and get stuck to your face when you apply your makeup. With these brushes, that is no longer a problem for me. And the price is not bad considering I have used higher priced brushes that didn't compare to these that cost about half the price. I'm so glad I bought these when I saw them at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by SignMeUp

These are my favorite brushes to use with mineral foundation. So soft, and the size and density is just right. I got mine from iherb, and used the pemanent code RUF933 to cut $5 off on my order. That made these brushes really affordable to me. I will probably buy this set as a gift for some of my friends too, as the quality feels very expensive and luxurious. Great find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by orisha_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I turned to ecotools brushes after finding the other brands I'd tried were either scratchy on my super-sensitive skin, shed hairs or just didn't do a very good job with mineral makeup. I also try to avoid animal products in my makeup, so the the idea of these being synthetic appealed to me.

When my brushes arrived, I was extremely impressed with the quality for the price. Of the four brushes in this set, I use three every day. The only one I don't use is the baby kabuki - in common with some other reviewers, I find it too soft and lacking in body to apply mineral makeup. I just use the regular powder brush for this job, and it works perfectly. The fibres are silky soft, and feel like air on the skin. They never shed, wash beautifully, I like the travel sizes, because I have limited storage space for my stuff, and I get to feel like I'm buying an animal and environmentally friendly product.

one lippie off for the gimmicky but useless kabuki, and the too small storage pouch that bends the brush bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

All i can say is AMAZING!!!! these brushes are far superior to anything i have tried, whether it be from sephora, mac, bare escentuals, 100% pure, ect. and the cost is so cheap anyone could afford it. i am an esthetician and these are the brushes i carry in my makeup kit and use on myself. there are about 11 other makeup artists i know that rave about these as well. the mini kabuki brush is just the cutest, softest, most effective application brush out there. i also have the cute carrying cases from this brand as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dashdoll20

Super cheap and works amazingly! All the brushes in this set are super soft and work great! I've had this set for over a year now and none of them have broken on me or became prickly. I do wash them all once a week so their all nice and soft still.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

I believe this set of brushes are a nice buy but not the greatest.

Powder brush: is an okay brush, soft and works nice but isn't the best.

Kabuki brush: is the worst brush in this package, Mine just broke apart in two months which is a fail and doesn't help to blend easily.

Concealer brush: quite tiny and doesn't really help blend.

Fluffy brush: is my favorite and actually works well to blend eyeshadows.

Overall, i love the fluffy and powder brush but the other two brushes could use some improvement

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends makeup beautifully! So soft too! I love these brushes so much! Plus, the quaility is very good for an inexpensive price.