October 20, 2014 | 958 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Google how MorrocanOil is extracted. Better yet; I'll tell you.
It's labour intensive to harvest and crack open the argan fruits. Then once the nuts are cracked, they harvest the pits and dry them in the sun...the process is a long one, which is why it's expensive.
They don't do that anymore. They get the pits of the argan tree by allowing goats to eat the fruit...and the partially digested, soft pits come from the other end.
You get it?
This "brand" is total hype and a rip off.
Here are the ingredients for MoroccanOil
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed Extract (Linum Usitatissimum), Fragrance (Supplement), D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

so...the first three ingredients are silicone.
dyes, fragrance and !oh yeah! Aragan oil.
Why pay over $25.00 for something you are only getting in a fractional amount.
You think your hair looks shiny? it feels smooth? IT'S SILICONE, DEAR. You would get the same results with Astroglide. Yes. Lube will work just as well.

22 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I am obsessed with the way it smells (subtle, sexy and the kind of scent that makes you want to smell more of it). It leaves my hair shiny, soft and easy to blow dry and get a brush and comb through it. I have very thick long hair so I use a lot of this and every time I shampoo. I am a big fan of the oil. (but not the shampoo).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by KeishaTas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just love Moroccan oil! I use the original, not the light version, and I adore how it makes my hair feel.
After shampooing and conditioning, I part dry my hair, add one pump of MO then comb with a wide tooth comb, and either blowdry or airdry depending on my mood.
My hairdresser recommended part drying your hair first as it seems to help the oil sink in rather than just slide off with the water on your hair.
MO leaves me hair incredibly soft and silky with no flyways (though I didn't have many to start with) and cuts down drying time. I love how shiny it makes my hair.
I had to go without for a month on my honeymoon recently, and boy did I miss it! My hair felt awful by comparison, and I found myself washing it more frequently just to try to make it feel soft. Was so glad to have it back when I got home!
Yes, it's expensive, but considering how little you use and how amazing it will make your hair feel, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Yes, yes, everyone has said it, over priced, won't give you hair you don't have, not a miracle...blah, blah, blah. Well here is what I do know. On my uber, uber fine locks, I have NEVER been able to use any serum with luck (because that is pretty much what this is an oil/silicone based serum...not just argon oil, not just silicone). I have tried every serum from Frizz Eaze - L'Anza Healing Oil. The original brand Moroccanoil Oil Treatment is the ONLY serum type of product that DOES NOT: 1) weigh my fine hair down, 2)smell bad (yes, Garnier Miracle Dry Oil...I am talking to you) 3) Leave my hair feeling greasy (MO lets me apply it to dry hair even with out it getting greasy feeling).

This product does however, work as a leave in detangler, heat protector, anti-frizz serum. It leaves my hair bouncy and shiny. It smells divine IMO. I can apply it to dry or damp hair and it is still my friend. I was not suckered in by any marketing, I was not giving in to the hype, I never expected it to "fix" my hair, I was the most skeptical, "oh give me a break" person on the planet about this stuff. And even though I may not use it every day, I don't want to be without this stuff. Let me repeat...the ONLY serum, smoothing, glossing product I have been able to use without issues on my uber fine waves. Nuff' said.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

First of all I will say that even though this is no miracle product I still gave it a 5 because it is the best one I've tried so far and whatever other similar product I occasionaly give a try I always return to Moroccanoil treatment.
Second, what I believe makes this 'oil' so good is that they somehow found a ratio of oil and silicone and whatever else is in there that really works.
My view on hair care is this: hair, once damaged, cannot be healed. Whoever tells you it can, lies. What can be done is, it can be made to look better by coating it in oil and silicone. This also makes it easier to comb preventing further damage. Also, it makes it dry faster so less heat will be used and again - less damage to the hair.
My routine is: I wash my hair with silicone free shampoo (currently using one from Vichy), use a silicone free conditioner (also from Vichy) - all this to avoid 'oversiliconizing' my hair which would make it very oily too soon - gently comb my hair with a wide tooth comb with the conditioner still on, wash it all off, dry it with a towel without rubbing it, use two pumps of Maroccanoil original treatment all over but avoiding roots, comb it again and then, if I can, let it air dry.
When treated like this my hair is a lot more shiny, feels softer to the touch, falls better, it is easier to straighten and overall looks more healthy. And when I leave Moroccanoil out of this equation I never get the same result. It does speed up the drying process, it does not make my hair more oily (but then again I never use it near my roots) and does not weight it down. The silicone in this never changed the color of my highlights in any way.
Ever since I've been using this routine my hair, previously very damaged with highlighting and heat has gotten its life back.
I have used both the original and the light formula and would always recommend the original because the only difference I see is that the light one is less dense and less saturated. So if you want less of the effect just use the original one in smaller amount and save money. For me, two pumps of the original produce the same effect as four pumps of the light one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by cb0001

I have been using this product for 5 years. A bottle goes a long way so even though it's pricey, it will last more than a year. I don't consider this product to be a miracle worker but I like that it makes my hair smooth, frizz-free, and protects it from heat from styling tools. The dark bottle is essential for oils to be stored in.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by BrunetteHairGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a professional hairstylist and for the price this is a VERY over hyped item. Most things I am able to purchase on professional discount though my stylist supplier such as Cosmopro ectra, I went out on a whim and paid full price for this and I think its rather rubish for the amount of money they want. I mean lets be honest here aside from the romantic feeling people get when envisioning the picture that M-oil has painted though there marketing its really nothing out of the ordinary.. In fact in my opinion its a rather less then average product with an excellent marketing team behind them. I mean hey I cant deny the marketing after all they drew me in for full price lol. Aside from the perfomance issues the packaging is beautiful and makes it look more expensive and special then it actually is. It is my favorite packaging on a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by chouinardamber

I absolutely love this product! I feel like it keeps my hair looking healthy, and feeling healthy! I hardly notice any split ends, and it's so soft! Not to mention it smells amazing! I totally recommend this product if you're looking for something to maintain healthy hair, it's a little pricey for even just a small bottle, however a little bit goes a long way and even the small bottle lasts a really long time. Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

LOVE.

I have fine but thick hair with whole-head color and highlights (I'm naturally a brunette but like to have a little salon oomph added, lol). I've religiously used Bumble and Bumble's Styling Lotion and I love it, but noticed that my normally smooth hair was getting tangles, dry ends, flyaways, and just didn't look its best. And when you spend money on color, you want it to look great!

I read and reviewed as much as possible about this product, and decided to try it - I apply to damp, towel-dried hair, from middle to ends, and it works absolute wonders. All the tangles, flyaways, etc were gone on the FIRST use. My layers hang nicely, and the shine is blinding. It makes my hair smooth and doesn't get oily or weigh it down. That said, I don't use more than a pea-sized amount on my hair, and I have a lot of hair, so I think too much product probably wouldn't be a good thing.

I purchased the small bottle for around $16 - which seemed like a load but I can tell I will barely make a dent in it, even with daily use.

Highly recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sassafraz

Originally started using this product about 2 years ago. The first 6 months or so it did WONDERS! I was constantly getting compliments on my hair, and it definitely left my hair feeling softer and shinier. However, as time goes on I'm finding it isn't having the same effect (maybe I'm just used to it?) I'm also finding it leaves my hair a little greasier than normal at times. Haven't noticed any effect in so far as hair growth. Overall, the compliments I received when I first used this product is reason enough to recommend it