December 21, 2014 | 1950 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kramsey111

Love this hair oil! I have fine/medium dyed blonde hair and it can get very dry. This oil makes it feel soft and healthy. It is expensive but it does lasts ages, I have also tried the light version and that one is great to for fine hair

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Best hair oil ever used. Leaves hair silky and smelling great. Controls my frizziness.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by EyesandMind

This product (Moroccan Oil Treatment) was a huge disappointment for me..Considering all the great reviews & $40.00 price tag. It did nothing for my hair after blow drying..Still had lots of frizz, weared my hair down, and even felt sticky after a while...I washed it out that same night to get the "gunk" feel off my hair..Argan Oil mixed with Silicones does not agree with my hair at all..Next day, after shampooing and conditioning, I used an all natural Jojoba Oil (dirt cheap at Vitamin Shoppe) before blow drying, and had wayyy better results..Hair felt softer and shinier..Unfortunately, this product is going straight into the garbage after only ONE use...never again!..too expensive, and wayyy too over hyped!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave in to the hype and the positive reviews about Moroccan Oil. I have fine but thick hair. Unfortunately, for me, all this oil could do was weigh my hair down. I used an appropriate amount, very little, and still, my hair would respond in limp locks. I was extremely disappointed.
For the price of this oil, I was expecting miracles. It didn't control frizzies other than weighing them down, which isn't controlling them. I would use it after shampooing, before blow-drying. Perhaps because I am a blonde, it's not a product for me, but after attempting to use it in various ways, on wet hair, on dry hair, as a hair mask before shampooing, I finally returned the bottle and said see-ya to Moroccan Oil. I've found other hair products/oils that are more beneficial for my hair and natural that I've liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, gorgeous product, which makes hair smell divine, without weighing it down, and if applied when hair is wet, makes it much easier to brush, dry and style. If applied when hair is dry, it gives a nice shine.... but I absolutely cannot justify the price! It's a wonderful product, but for me it isn't 30+ worth of wonderful. Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse does the same job for a tenner cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Google how MorrocanOil is extracted. Better yet; I'll tell you.
It's labour intensive to harvest and crack open the argan fruits. Then once the nuts are cracked, they harvest the pits and dry them in the sun...the process is a long one, which is why it's expensive.
They don't do that anymore. They get the pits of the argan tree by allowing goats to eat the fruit...and the partially digested, soft pits come from the other end.
You get it?
This "brand" is total hype and a rip off.
Here are the ingredients for MoroccanOil
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed Extract (Linum Usitatissimum), Fragrance (Supplement), D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone

so...the first three ingredients are silicone.
dyes, fragrance and !oh yeah! Aragan oil.
Why pay over $25.00 for something you are only getting in a fractional amount.
You think your hair looks shiny? it feels smooth? IT'S SILICONE, DEAR. You would get the same results with Astroglide. Yes. Lube will work just as well.

23 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst1962

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I am obsessed with the way it smells (subtle, sexy and the kind of scent that makes you want to smell more of it). It leaves my hair shiny, soft and easy to blow dry and get a brush and comb through it. I have very thick long hair so I use a lot of this and every time I shampoo. I am a big fan of the oil. (but not the shampoo).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by KeishaTas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just love Moroccan oil! I use the original, not the light version, and I adore how it makes my hair feel.
After shampooing and conditioning, I part dry my hair, add one pump of MO then comb with a wide tooth comb, and either blowdry or airdry depending on my mood.
My hairdresser recommended part drying your hair first as it seems to help the oil sink in rather than just slide off with the water on your hair.
MO leaves me hair incredibly soft and silky with no flyways (though I didn't have many to start with) and cuts down drying time. I love how shiny it makes my hair.
I had to go without for a month on my honeymoon recently, and boy did I miss it! My hair felt awful by comparison, and I found myself washing it more frequently just to try to make it feel soft. Was so glad to have it back when I got home!
Yes, it's expensive, but considering how little you use and how amazing it will make your hair feel, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Yes, yes, everyone has said it, over priced, won't give you hair you don't have, not a miracle...blah, blah, blah. Well here is what I do know. On my uber, uber fine locks, I have NEVER been able to use any serum with luck (because that is pretty much what this is an oil/silicone based serum...not just argon oil, not just silicone). I have tried every serum from Frizz Eaze - L'Anza Healing Oil. The original brand Moroccanoil Oil Treatment is the ONLY serum type of product that DOES NOT: 1) weigh my fine hair down, 2)smell bad (yes, Garnier Miracle Dry Oil...I am talking to you) 3) Leave my hair feeling greasy (MO lets me apply it to dry hair even with out it getting greasy feeling).

This product does however, work as a leave in detangler, heat protector, anti-frizz serum. It leaves my hair bouncy and shiny. It smells divine IMO. I can apply it to dry or damp hair and it is still my friend. I was not suckered in by any marketing, I was not giving in to the hype, I never expected it to "fix" my hair, I was the most skeptical, "oh give me a break" person on the planet about this stuff. And even though I may not use it every day, I don't want to be without this stuff. Let me repeat...the ONLY serum, smoothing, glossing product I have been able to use without issues on my uber fine waves. Nuff' said.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

First of all I will say that even though this is no miracle product I still gave it a 5 because it is the best one I've tried so far and whatever other similar product I occasionaly give a try I always return to Moroccanoil treatment.
Second, what I believe makes this 'oil' so good is that they somehow found a ratio of oil and silicone and whatever else is in there that really works.
My view on hair care is this: hair, once damaged, cannot be healed. Whoever tells you it can, lies. What can be done is, it can be made to look better by coating it in oil and silicone. This also makes it easier to comb preventing further damage. Also, it makes it dry faster so less heat will be used and again - less damage to the hair.
My routine is: I wash my hair with silicone free shampoo (currently using one from Vichy), use a silicone free conditioner (also from Vichy) - all this to avoid 'oversiliconizing' my hair which would make it very oily too soon - gently comb my hair with a wide tooth comb with the conditioner still on, wash it all off, dry it with a towel without rubbing it, use two pumps of Maroccanoil original treatment all over but avoiding roots, comb it again and then, if I can, let it air dry.
When treated like this my hair is a lot more shiny, feels softer to the touch, falls better, it is easier to straighten and overall looks more healthy. And when I leave Moroccanoil out of this equation I never get the same result. It does speed up the drying process, it does not make my hair more oily (but then again I never use it near my roots) and does not weight it down. The silicone in this never changed the color of my highlights in any way.
Ever since I've been using this routine my hair, previously very damaged with highlighting and heat has gotten its life back.
I have used both the original and the light formula and would always recommend the original because the only difference I see is that the light one is less dense and less saturated. So if you want less of the effect just use the original one in smaller amount and save money. For me, two pumps of the original produce the same effect as four pumps of the light one.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No