November 23, 2014 | 867 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly and sadly, this primer did nothing for me. I have combination skin with mild acne breakouts around my chin. Aside from any scabs/flakiness on or around any spots, my skin is smooth. When I used this primer, it did not mattify or smooth out the skin around my acne. I got oily and extremely shiny within 2-3 hours (don't live in hot or humid climate) and my makeup slid around and faded patchily - my foundation actually lasted better if I DIDN'T wear any primer at all! I thought that the primer would have also smoothed out the roughness from scabs and made foundation application a bit smoother but that didn't happen for me either.

I bought the mineral veil primer as part of the mini duo which includes the mineral veil and no.28 serum primers and I have to say I'm shocked at how little product there is! I don't if I got a dud product, reshelved returned product, or if there really is just that little product but I've used mine 5 times (each time only using 1 pump) and the bottle is half empty already! The pump doesn't dispense a lot of product at once either (my a full pump of my boscia eye cream dispenses at least double the amount). All in all, a sad dud for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by britt93sf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent primer. Did not cause acne, did not dry out my skin and has an amazing silky texture that is light and blends beautifully into the skin. Overall I like the product. It is a bit mattifying which can be a no for some annd the cost ia higher but the product lasts like 4-6 months! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome! I love the fact that you can purchase the smaller less expensive bottle and it will last you a while. This primer beats out all primers! If you have oily skin like I do, this is the primer for you!

I apply this to a clean, toned and moisturized face.. I usually allow my moisturizer to seep into my skin/dry before applying primer... This glides on so smoothly and u don't need a lot of it at all. Just one pump will do. It actually made my pores shrink and kept oils under control! Love this stuff and will be purchasing more!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by redlipsthickhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status right here! I'm absolutely in love with this primer. The glass bottle is sleek and I really like the hygienic pump dispenser. The texture is light, extremely soft and when applied it feels like velvet. It dries quickly, it's not sticky and best of all it doesn't make me break out or irritate my sensitive skin. I would even go as far as to say that my skin looks and feels healthier since using this. I find the trick is to apply moisturizer and let it dry, apply this and let it dry, give it a few minutes for your skin to absorb every drop and then move onto your foundation routine. My makeup ends up looking professional and long lasting. It is on the expensive side but in my opinion totally worth every penny.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 3:25:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

This primer is very matte to me, but if you have trouble with oil breaking through all day then you should go for the BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. The Hourglass perfects my makeup for hours. It makes every foundation I own look lovely and fresh. I only use this on my t zone, so a little goes a long way. You can buy the little bottles for awhile, but eventually a big bottle saves money in the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works good on my oily skin, makes foundation go on smoothly and stays looking better for longer period of time, the days that I'm slightly dry-er I will apply moisturizer first, let my skin absorb it and then apply the mineral veil

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by reneeerose

This product is wonderful to use on the skin, for keeping my makeup on, i'm not too sure about it's longetivity but for the feeling it gives my skin after applying it - it mattifies, makes my skin feel soooooooo nice and soft and flawless. but for the price - it's very very expensive for what it does on my skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product rave!!! I don't know what it is about this primer but it gives my skin an absolutely flawless glow. My makeup lasts longer with this underneath and I don't find my foundation transferring or sliding around. It mattifies my oil pretty well, though I do have to blot a little during the day. But it's the flawless finish this product gives my makeup that I'm so in love with !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolute trainwreck on oily skin. For some reason, this is being advertised as mattifying and it's not, at all. It does make makeup glide on super smooth, and I looked fabulous for about 30 minutes, but then the shine started in and I had to blot and re-touch all day. I can see how this could be a great primer for people who don't have to worry about oil or excessive shine, but if you've got oily or combination skin, this is NOT a mattifier or anything even close.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only primer that's not breakout-city for me. I find it's like a moisturizer/primer. Works great for my dry/normal skin. This makes it to where I use less foundation and keeps it looking fresh and lovely all day. Very little goes a long way for me. No issues washing off.