Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

3.3

Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Glyceryl Caprylate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Ethylglycerin, Panthenol, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 60, Parfum (Fragrance), Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), C12-14 Pareth-12, Hydrolyzed Algin, Dodecene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isostearyl Alcohol, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tromethamine, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. [CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)].

on 2/26/2010 7:51:00 PM

I think the only reason this has 2 stars is because I use it everyday so I've grown attached. But really.. let's face it people. This is moisturizer with green food coloring. It does cancel red slightly, but I'm sure there's pretty color correcting primers out there. It also gives my foundation a slight green tinge when i apply it with my fingers.. EW!

It does help a little (I have moderate rosacea in the cheeks) but not as it claims. I would not purchase ever again, not worth the price.

on 2/12/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got two large samples of this from sephora and used it for about a week.

Its not a very good primer at all- it feels a lot like a bright green moisturizer.

Especially for the price I do not recommend.

on 2/8/2010 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although I am a huge fan of MUFE, this product was disappointing. I needed the green colour correcting primer to neutralize redness on my nose and cheeks but this barely covered them. I am not a huge fan of the texture but my makeup has always stayed put so can't complain. For $32CDN, it was a cheaper alternative to Smashbox's photofinish primer.

on 2/6/2010 8:04:00 PM

Terrible product! Did not cover any redness on cheeks.

Okay, no way this product can be labeled a primer. When I first purchased the product, I spread 1-2 pumps all over face (which was enough), but it does not do anything to keep my makeup intact. The only good thing about it is that since it was well-pigmented with the green, it does cancel out the red. So, when I have the occasional red spot on my face and neck, I just dab and blend to cover.

I have oily/combination skin, so my make-up just melts off even with the use of this primer. Only use this product for redness.

on 1/31/2010 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is _very_ highly pigmented. Since it's meant to be worn under foundation, I wouldn't mind it if this primer left a subtle green tinge to my face. However, it visibly filled in my pores, leaving them bright green! There is no way that foundation will cover that. If you want a green primer, go with Smashbox. Its primer has a higher unit price than MUFE, but it won't leave you with green polka-dots on your face.

on 1/27/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Unfortunately, this just does not work for me. I weighed between this and Smashbox's green corrector and I chose this one because it was actually a few dollars cheaper. I bought it to correct redness on my nose and cheeks.

But this just sits on top of my skin, never really sinks in, and then I end up with this weird Christmas-tree effect of green and redness blended together, instead of the green neutralizing the red. No matter how I tried applying (patting on, rubbing in, etc), it just would not do more than sit on top of my skin and look weird, especially on my nose.

on 1/26/2010 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is the first time I have ever used a primer and I had high expectations because I read so many good reviews about it and since my face tends to have a bit of redness I decided to get the green primer. I didn’t expect to cover all my redness and I think it did lighten my redness a little bit. However I had a greenish shimmer on my face, which went away after a while. I also find that it takes a bit of time to absorb so overall I am disappointed with this product. I got a sample of Giorgio Armani’s fluid master primer and it is much easier to apply and you can instantly feel that your skin is soft. But to be honest I don’t think primers make a big difference. You might as well just use a good moisturizer.

on 1/25/2010 7:34:00 PM

I got this to correct medium-dark splotches of melasma on my face but not the right colour for it and it seems to sheer to counter more than a light discoloration of any kind, regardless. I think maybe the violet or blue might be a better match for my problem but it's also a very expensive product and doesn't really last the whole day, seems to fade after a few hours.

Might be good for people with less problematic discolorations than my own, so don't want to say it doesn't work. Great packaging, very convenient.

Popular Primer/ Correctors