September 1, 2014 | 2026 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cool coral tone. I like the color on my lips. I have pigmented lips to begin with so I dont really dig the whole neutral look. I want a wash of color on my lips and this does the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a bright coral-pink on me (I'm NC20). It doesn't look very garish, but it does have some shock value, maybe because I live in a relatively conservative Asian society.

I feel like I can't wear this with just mascara, like just a very clean face. I think this needs at least some eye makeup or a more polished look. This will not work for people who like the undone look/when it's practically the only colour on your face. That being said, this is one of the more wearable coral lip colours.

Formula isn't moisturising and picks up on any flaking I have on my lips. But it doesn't dry out my lips either.

I won't repurchase because I won't ever run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing coral shade!! I've fallen for corals this season and I must say this one is definitely in my top!! Looks pretty alone, without gloss, however I paired it with Viva Glam Cyndi gloss today and it just gave it that extra umph. Soooo pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great pop of colour for my NC15 complexion. This has become one of my favourite coral lipsticks as it has the perfect balance of pink & orange, plus the formula is creamy and smooth. Definitely a shade I'll be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crosswires is my favorite Coral lipstick.
When i dyed my previously blonde hair BRIGHT RED, suddenly none of my other mac lipsticks seemed to suit me anymore so i decided to take a trip to mac and try to find something that when with my colouring (very fair skin,bright red hair, blue eyes).
When the sales assistant showed me it i wasn't very impressed until she put it on me and then i fell in love with it.
Perfect tone for everything <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Gorgeous colour - it's a coral and pink and red in about equal proportions. It looks great on my NW15/20 skintone. It's also the best texture in MAC lipsticks, very creamy and moisturizing. One of my faves from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by dulchee

I dont like this lipstick. it looks good on the tube but the moment I saw the color when i swiped it.. it isn't the color I wanted. it turns pink on my pale lips. I really want to see a coral shade and really wanted this to work. but i guess its so hard to find a nice color for pale lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

NC30 and I love this as a coral lippie. Adds a nice pop of color to my face and of course the formula is creamy and lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the rave reviews about this product and hearing people equate it with the renowned Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick, I had to give it a try..and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. It applies quite dry for a cremesheen, and the color is a much brighter coral than I expected. In fact, it's a bit garish (at least for my skin tone, NC15). I'm actually surprised that so many people have compared this to Viva Glam Cyndi when they're so different! VGC is a more muted coral/pink and it applies much smoother. If you're debating between Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi, go with the latter. No question.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love coral lipsticks, but because of my coloring (warmish brown eyes/hair and neutral to cool toned skin) nothing looks right on me. They all tend to turn orange. This is the first flattering coral shade I've been able to find in ANY brand!

This is also my first experience with the creamsheen formula from MAC. I love MAC lipsticks, but sometimes they can dry my lips out, especially the lustre texture. This lipstick made my lips feel hydrated all day. Even without a lipliner I only have to apply once or twice while I'm at work, which says a lot about a lipstick's staying power.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No