April 18, 2014 | 904 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chinablaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing coral shade!! I've fallen for corals this season and I must say this one is definitely in my top!! Looks pretty alone, without gloss, however I paired it with Viva Glam Cyndi gloss today and it just gave it that extra umph. Soooo pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great pop of colour for my NC15 complexion. This has become one of my favourite coral lipsticks as it has the perfect balance of pink & orange, plus the formula is creamy and smooth. Definitely a shade I'll be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Crosswires is my favorite Coral lipstick.
When i dyed my previously blonde hair BRIGHT RED, suddenly none of my other mac lipsticks seemed to suit me anymore so i decided to take a trip to mac and try to find something that when with my colouring (very fair skin,bright red hair, blue eyes).
When the sales assistant showed me it i wasn't very impressed until she put it on me and then i fell in love with it.
Perfect tone for everything <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Gorgeous colour - it's a coral and pink and red in about equal proportions. It looks great on my NW15/20 skintone. It's also the best texture in MAC lipsticks, very creamy and moisturizing. One of my faves from MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by dulchee

I dont like this lipstick. it looks good on the tube but the moment I saw the color when i swiped it.. it isn't the color I wanted. it turns pink on my pale lips. I really want to see a coral shade and really wanted this to work. but i guess its so hard to find a nice color for pale lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

NC30 and I love this as a coral lippie. Adds a nice pop of color to my face and of course the formula is creamy and lovely.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading all the rave reviews about this product and hearing people equate it with the renowned Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick, I had to give it a try..and I must say, I'm a little disappointed. It applies quite dry for a cremesheen, and the color is a much brighter coral than I expected. In fact, it's a bit garish (at least for my skin tone, NC15). I'm actually surprised that so many people have compared this to Viva Glam Cyndi when they're so different! VGC is a more muted coral/pink and it applies much smoother. If you're debating between Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi, go with the latter. No question.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love coral lipsticks, but because of my coloring (warmish brown eyes/hair and neutral to cool toned skin) nothing looks right on me. They all tend to turn orange. This is the first flattering coral shade I've been able to find in ANY brand!

This is also my first experience with the creamsheen formula from MAC. I love MAC lipsticks, but sometimes they can dry my lips out, especially the lustre texture. This lipstick made my lips feel hydrated all day. Even without a lipliner I only have to apply once or twice while I'm at work, which says a lot about a lipstick's staying power.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by giota

I think that this is my favourite MAC lipstick!!!I was looking for a coral fink for a long time,but most of the shades were too orange or too pink for me...But this one is really great!!I was wearing it every day and night during the summer and I am still wearing it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a battle between MAC's Crosswires and Viva Glam Cyndi when it comes to MAC's coral-with-a-hint-of-red lipstick shades. Cyndi is a lustre finish and Crosswires is a cremesheen, so if I have to choose, the cremesheen will almost always win. My biggest problem with Cyndi is the lustre finish which means I have to re-apply seemingly every other hour. Crosswires will stay on for a few hours more and when it comes to the color this is just a punchier coral than VG Cyndi. Okay, enough with the comparisons. Crosswires is a supremely good lipstick. If you find Ravishing- another cremesheen- too orange, this swings a bit redder. I always feel just a little sexier with Crosswires on during the workday, and what could be better? It's my "now" MAC lipstick, at least until I fall in love with another MAC shade, which happens maybe every few months or so.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No