Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

4.1

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) (Other) : Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butyl Stearate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Stearyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Parfum (Fragrance), Behenic Acid, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 77002 (Aluminum Hydroxide), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc

on 11/4/2010 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my first Rouge Volupte lipstick but it definitely won't be my last. Nude Beige is a great color - a great nude pink on my NW15 skin. It is very smooth and moisturising. I don't find that it's extremely long lasting but I don't mind re-applying. I still get a few hours from one application. It's expensive but the packaging is to die for and well worth the price!

on 10/25/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore Rouge Volupte lipsticks. Nude Beige is a great color, comparable on me to MAC's Hue. It has a great taste that doesn't linger, and goes on so easily - actually, almost TOO easily. It's a snap to use way too much product, or apply just a bit too much pressure and ruin the lipstick. The staying power isn't the best, but it's very moisturizing and still a great color. It is definitely expensive, but the tube is so chic to take out of your makeup bag, and even has a mirror on top of each tube to make on-the-go application a piece of cake. Since I only use a bit of this at a time (that's all that's needed), I will definitely continue to repurchase, despite the hefty price tag.

I think this is great lipstick.. It goes on buttery..even softer than my various lip balms. My only complaints: the staying power sucks and so does the price. Its a bit over $30 and that's a crapload of money...considering that tjhey don't give you too much product. But it certainly is a luxury item. The packaging is nice..this nude has a pink tint to it which is so much more prettier and wearible than ysl rouge #2

on 6/30/2010 8:53:00 AM

I've been searching and searching for an understated "nude" look that would work on my lips for about a year now. I asked the lovely ladies of MUA for suggestions and I was told to try MAC Hue and this. I bought both, and I find that this wins out over MAC Hue. Yes, this color is a very light pink, not a true beige, but for me (pale with pink undertones) what I need for a nude look that I can wear is a very light pink since beige looks like the dreaded concealor lip on me. This color is exactly what I was looking for, and topped with a similar colored gloss it is sexy yet understated and goes with any eye look. The lipstick itself is decadent, creamy, pigmented and glides on like a dream. I did like MAC Hue color-wise, but application wise this is so much creamier and smoother, plus this doesn't dry out my lips as I find Hue does. The packaging for this lipstick is, of course, a work of art and I do relish taking it out for touchups, but along with that (and all of the other wonderful things about it) is the price: it's insane (particularly for me as I bought it at the Sephora in Union Square: $37). I only caved when I felt like I could not find anything comparable to it, so, would I buy again? Yes, but I would have to wait for my tax return to come in again. ;)

on 6/4/2010 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

wanted to buy something thats more moisturizing than my mac angel since i've hit the bottom...and i also wanted something slightly more yellow in terms of undertone but still on the blue side in general. THIS IS PERFECT. i was deciding between this and mac creme cup but this is DEFINITELY FAR BETTER in terms of colour..im really fair so a slight change of undertone makes a whole lot of difference :D

on 5/31/2010 6:34:00 AM

I usually wear matte, long wear lipsticks and was a bit unsure when I was about to try this glossy and moist lipstick on. But I was really surprised how it managed to be so extremely covering and creamy at the same time and I just love the color and the case is amazing! I like to paint a bit outside of the natural lipline and it looks very natural without having to use a lip pencil underneath. I was choosing between #1 Nude Beige and #7 Lingerie Pink but the later looked very icy pink on my pale skin. Nude Beige is just perfect, a very good shade for most complexion I would guess! I'm very satisfied with this lipstick, the only bad thing would be that it's obviously not kiss-proof, it looks freshly applied to my boyfriends lips after a kiss and all messy on mine... I don't agree that it dries the lips out, it just looks bad on allready cracked lips so make sure you're peeled before applying.

on 4/22/2010 3:57:00 PM

I love this lipstick and definitely would buy it again although its quite expensive. its very pigmented and the color is very flattering on my skin tone. When you put it on its very moisturizing and texture is as smooth as butter but after an hour or so it does dry a bit and my lips would start to get flaky so I suggest anyone who wants to buy this product to put on chapstick before putting on the lipstick. Other than that, I love love love this lipstick plus the packaging is so pretty!

on 4/8/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was REALLY wanting this lipstick and finally got it in a swap. First off, I really love the packaging. Very classy. I also really love the scent. I kind of reminds me of a pink jolly rancher. This lipstick really just glides right on. It's a very smooth formula. I agree that it can kind of dry out your lips. The color is beautiful! However, I really don't consider it a nude lipstick. It's more of a pale pink. It's really beautiful. I want to try out Lingerie Pink next.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Like some other reviewers I am also on the fence about this lipstick. Don't get me wrong it's gorgeous, comes in beautiful packaging, even has a mirror on the cap. I got this lipstick to see what all the hype was about, at $34 a pop I had to think this thru like 10 times before actually buying it. It's a pretty pinky nude color, smells like mango which I really like, but it's not moisturizing and needs re-applying after a few hours which isn't a huge deal but I don't really have this problem with my other name brand lipsticks. I feel like I can get another lippie like this that's cheaper and does a better job. I love the YSL brand but i'm not in love with this lipstick so I don't think I'll be re-purchasing it unless I get it at Sephora's F&F sale.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After trying no. 2, I had to buy another Rouge Volupte and since I'm a sucker for nudes I went for this. Honestly, I think this is what I wanted no. 2 to be. RV no. 1 is a light, creamy, and very opaque milky pink that looks gorgeous on its own. With no. 2 I always felt like I needed to blend in a tiny bit of pink to soften the coolness of the color, but this one's just perfect as it is. When you first apply it it feels like a dream, but after some time I find it pretty drying on the lips. And for something this expensive I expect a longer lasting power than 30 minutes! But I'm still giving it a 4 for how beautiful it looks when first applied.

Recommended for Medium Skin