MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

on 10/18/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fanfare is such a tricky lipstick. In the tube it looks like a deep coral pink shade, I was afraid that it would apply too dark on me since I have pigmented lips already. But it turns out to look quite bright when applied. It looks cool-toned against my neutral-olive skin but I actually love the color paired with natural eye makeup. It suitable for work/school. MAC description about it being mid-tone pink is spot on and it definitely has a warmish undertone to it. The texture of the lipstick is pleasant too; it applies smoothly and feels moisturizing on my lips. Unfortunately I find cremesheen lipsticks too easy to crumble especially that I live in a hot, humid area. My lipstick is broken already within a month I purchased it.

on 9/7/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cannot believe any negatives for this. It looks like the picture above on me. It is your lips but slightly pinker. I can't wear nudes or browns, and this is perfect for a smoky eye or a day look. I am a NW20 with dark brown hair and blue eyes with very brownish red looking lips already. So this plays them down for a even nude but better look. If I where a pink/brown liner I can make it look even "nudier". I can add pink and make it pinker, peach to make it peachy, and....you get the picture. No wonder the store is sold out. It's my HG shade. No haters here. Go away! ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like this colour, but it looks like I have a foundation or concealer on my lips when I apply it.

Its a lovely colour, not too brown or too pink, but it just doesn't suit me.

on 8/2/2010 8:23:00 PM

Absolutely love this product!! Had seen a review on it on a website and decided to give it a go, best decision hands down! Its not too pink, or brown. Its a nice blend, Very pigmented. Good choice for work makeup, casual etc.

on 7/21/2010 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ok, so I am definately in the minority w/ this lipstick. Unfortunately, I did not like it. It looks like such a nice color in the tube but it just doesn't look good on my skintone (I'm color 60 in MUFE Matte+ foundation). The color is just too concealer-like on my lips. I swapped this lipstick w/ a friend and the color looks great on her. So, overall I like the color, it's just not for me.

on 6/27/2010 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favourite lipsticks that I own! Its the perfect neutral colour for me as my lips are already a pink/brown colour. Its good as an everday lipcolour because it isn't too loud nor too dull. It gives me just a hint of colour that changes my look. Its good for when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup. I'd describe the colour simply as: a dusty pink/pinky beige colour.
The lipstick is easily applied, goes on smoothly and very moisturising! Staying power is questionable, but I didn't expect it to last long anyway so it doesn't really bother me.
I will be buying this again!

on 6/21/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I simply love this color. It looks like it will be too warm in the tube, and maybe a little boring, but it is the perfect warm mauve with hint of brown. On me, it looks like the inside of my lip with a hint of warmth. So, if there is a MLBB shade for me, this is it. I wear this with everything. It isn't a nude, but it is a very natural flattering color.

I can't really compliment the amplified cream formula enough. It has it all as far as I am concerned, pigmentation, creamy consistency, and lovely glossy shine without being frosty or metallic. It doesn't have the tenacity of a satin or a matte, but it doesn't require a coat of gloss or balm either.

Love, love, love this color, I may be buying some back ups because I just find myself reaching for it again and again when I want the MLBB but leaning somewhat warm tone look. (if that makes any sense, which I hope it does)

on 6/3/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this shade! It looks pinky nude on my lips but more on the pink side. I love that it's moisturizing and the smell is divine! I love how this brightens up my face and I like how I do not need to add an additional lip product on top, but it already looks glossy to me. Def a repurchase!

on 5/13/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick!

I could only wear this and mascara and it totally brightens up my face!
I luv luv luv it!
I would have never gotten it, had the MA not recommend it to me!
Im on my second right now, my first one i finished within only 3 months!
It is one of my top favorites ever!

XOXO

on 5/12/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MAC describes this as a mid tone yellow pink but looks like a coral pink in the tube. This one appears as a bright pink on me in natural light. Not super neon bright though but still an obvious pink colour to lips especially in bright daylight. It's a bit more pink and brighter than MAC's Modesty which is a bit more mauve and lighter in tone. Fanfare also has a coral undertone and can look somewhat orange under certain lighting (I suppose due to the yellow undertones in my skin). Rather pretty though and the cremesheen formula is quite moisturising and lasting. I like it and I'd buy this again.

Popular Lipsticks