Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 6/15/2011 5:08:00 PM

i just bought this eyeliner because it was the darkest one i could find in CVS. i put it on an hour ago and i just looked in the mirror, because i saw all the bad reviews of this eyeliner and it smudges so much! i cant believe it! this is outrageous. NEVER BUYING THINS AGAIN.

on 6/12/2011 1:40:00 AM

Goes on smooth and comes out dark which i do love, problem is it smeares and does not stay on i have to keep putting it on basically every hour and clean the smudged eyeliner away. I have bough this more than once just becuase i couldnt find any dark eyeliners.

on 5/19/2011 10:30:00 PM

I absolutely hate this! It goes on smoothly but smudges immediately! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates it. It barely lasts five minutes. This was a waste of my money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner SMUDGES so badly D:.I applied this on morning and before i headed out the door,i looked in the mirror and i saw that the eyeliner had ran down my eyes and smeared and smudged all on my cheek and under eyes.Raccoon much?I had to take off all the eyeliner and all of my makeup that it had smudged on and apply a different eyeliner,it was a real hassle.Overall its bad and im never repurchasing it again.

on 5/15/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this sucks. it glides on really smoothly and is very black but it smudges as soon as i blink, not kidding. and the smudger is quite terrible, and it's WHITE. it just doesn't look good...yeah, don't buy this

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The worst eyeliner... it goes on very smooth but was all over my face soon after. Even using it with eyeshadow primer, it was a disaster. I tried using it a second time and it had the same results so I definitely would not recommend this product unless you're a fan of raccoon eyes!

on 5/6/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ugh! This goes on really smoothly. I like the smudger. I only put it on my top lashline and within 2 hours I had 1/4" raccoon eyes on my lower lashline. This was with Urban Decay Primer Potion on the my lids. Won't be buying this again.

on 4/16/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This eyeliner smudges like crazy! I have normal to dry skin, and every single time I wear it, whether it's on my upper lashes or my waterline, I always end up with this liner smudged underneath my eyes. It goes on smoothly and applies easily, but it's not worth the smudging. I threw it away.

I would not buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I used this, I had two big complaints: It broke off pretty easily, and it was so smudgy. :( I would make the mistake of using the smudge maker thing at the end of the eyeliner a lot, and eventually it never smudged, it rubbed old eyeliner onto my eye. -_- And of course, whenever I stepped into the shower with it on, if I had it on my waterline it wouldn't run down my face, it would just drip into my eyes. I would buy it again for occasional use though, because it gave decent color payoff and looked amazing with black eyeshadow :)
EDIT: To make this stay on and not smudge you have to set it with black eyeshadow! Or even dark gray, it works. and then it's amazing! (:

on 3/3/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This liner smudges terribly! I applied it to both my upper lashline and lower waterline and within 20 min saw horrible smudges on both my eyelid crease and under my eye area. It did not stay on my waterline at all! It did go on smoothly, and has a pretty creamy formula. If your looking for a smudgy liner look, this may work for you, but I prefer more defined lines so do not recommend this.