November 26, 2014 | 1727 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I LOVE lavender oil. Anytime I feel a pimple coming on, I make a dash for some lavender, dab a bit on, sleep, and the next day its gone...and if not completely, its reduced to a small bump which with continued application(only at night) it completely disappears in 2-3 days.
Sometimes if my skin is feeling a little drab, I will put some on my entire face and in the morning, my skin looks healthy and glowing...I don't do it every night because it smells so strong, and makes it a little hard to sleep..also, my boyfriend calls me a grandma when I wear it ..haha..but hey, he uses it on his pimples too so, bear with the smell!...It will make you beautiful ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mamzaile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I always turn to lavender oil when I experience dry skin or if I want to accelerate healing of blemishes. I mix 2-3 drops with my face cream and it gives impressive results, skin looks radiant and healthier. However, beware if you have sensitive skin: I started using it more regularly and lots of small red spots have surfaced, so be careful if you know yourself to be prone to allergic reaction.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jkellas13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a miracle oil! Over a year ago, I was broken out all over my face - including tons of scars. I had tried every expensive and affordable product and treatment under the sun. I received dozens of facials and peels, nothing worked. I picked, washed, moisturized my face all the time...basically I was a mess. I ended up having a really great facial from Ummelina in Seattle. My gal recommended if I do nothing else, add 100% pure lavender oil to all my products (10-20 drops) - cleanser, moisturizer, foundation, etc. Within days I was cleared up, my scars were lightening up, and for the first time in years I could go without makeup! Now my skin is clear and feels great. I still have the random blemish, but I always know how to treat. I swear by this stuff - it works!

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The previous reviewer may not like the smell of lavender but that dosen't mean lavender oil dosen't work.
I've been using lavender oil for healing my acne, reducing scars and keeping my skin clear.
I have used is straight and also with avacodo oil.
Straight is very potent and I do this on scarring and for healing burns and acne, with the oil at night as a moisturizer--skin soother and healer.
Works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have always used Lavender Oil, as does my mom, I learned from her. So many uses! Most of which are listed in other reviews, so I'll just say that yes, it works wonders no matter what you use it for! But most importantly, I have begun the use of lavender and jojoba on my acne prone skin and it is so calming and healing! My skin looks better than it has in a long time! And I just started a couple weeks ago! I highly recomend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

I may have the biggest collections of lavender oil on this side of the Bay. Not only do I have the oil, the lotions but I also have several plants in my backyard and dry my own to use in sachets, eye mask, etc. and give to friends and family. But, I use it mostly for medicinal purposes. When I get an insect bite, i rub a little on the bite area and it eliviate the swelling and the itch within minutes. I get a paper cut, I place a small amount on the cut, put a bandage and within in minutes no pain and heals the next day! I also use it on small cuts. You know that ones - that appear out of no where and you wonder, when/how did I get this??? I have a bottle of this in every room in house and office. Sunburn, place a few drops in my favorite lotion, when I can't find my lavender lotion and spread on the burn area and the next day I get smooth skin and no sunburn. I also use it when I'm cooking and get splatter by hot oil. I just rub a little on the area and no pain within minutes and no sign of the burn the next day. During the summer, I mix a few drops of this in bottled water and place in a cool spot for a week. Then, I place the lavender water in fridge. During the heat of the day and I need a little refreshing mist, this will do the job. At night, I use the eye mask I've made with flax seed and dried lavender to gently ease me to sleep. I also place the dried flowers in a pouch - I use a lavender colored mesh fabric - hang it around around as decorative item and will give the room a fresh smell and get rid of mosquitoes. If you love the scent of lavender, this is way of adding it in your home without actually wearing the scent on you. BTW... A bad mosquito bit me on the way to my car this morning...on my face! I placed a tiny amount of lavender on the area (I have a small bottle in my purse) and by the time I got to work, it was gone and no itch once I dab the lavender oil on it.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

I have been practising aromatherapy for 13 years and lavender oil was one of my first oils...yesterday I just purchased another one. I get through loads of the stuff!

Some uses:
To help me get to sleep I use two drops on my pillow; I'm always careful not to use more as it becomes a stimulant in high doses. This works 90% of the time when I can't quite drop off.
This is amazing for burns; I do a lot of cooking and inevitably it happens now and then. The first thing I do is run my burn under the cold tap and then shake on a few drops of neat oil. The pain is relieved straight away on most occasions, although I need to use ice as well if it's a bad one. Normally no scarring will result.
This is a lovely oil for general relaxation, it can be used in the bath (about 6-8 drops), for a massage when diluted in a carrier oil or burned in a vapouriser. It blends well with most other essential oils as well, such as those distilled from flowers, fruits, spices and herbs.
I always take a bottle on holiday, it works on rashes, cuts, grazes and bites but also as a repellent (by the way, it repels moths from your clothing drawers and wardrobes)!
Lavender has fantastic antiviral and antibacterial properties so it's great when you or someone else has a cold and you need to disinfect the air...door handles.. etc.

Be careful to only buy pure essential oils from a reputable seller/company or they could be dangerous, or at best, ineffective, especially as some are adulterated with cheap oils.

I love this!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like lavender oil to use in steaming my face, and to burn for the scent, but I wasn't all that impressed when used on my face. It definitely needs to be diluted or it will really burn, so I mixed it with my moisturizer. It hasn't made me breakout, but I have noticed I have more clogged pores but I'm not sure if it's because of the oil. I have noticed though that it gets rid of redness, which is why I would still use it. I will probably use it to make an oil mixture with emu oil, but it's not all that amazing by itself in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by devii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow is all I can say!!! This stuff is great... All my time I have been looking for some kind of cream that I can put on my face that will not irratate my really really sensitive acne prone and rosacea skin and all the money I have wasted on all these rubbish creams in the shops that are full of harmful chemicals and make the skin so much worse. i first of all put jojoba oil on then put on the lavender, especially on angry spots or redness. its amazing stuff and I will always use it from now on. Seriously my skin is so so sensitive so if its okay on mine it will be fine with anyone i should think with acne. Try it on a small area first. And it really does make you sleep and the smell is great. Just wish I had started using this stuff years ago. So much betta than any doctor could prescribe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by strickers

I use this oil (along with others) in my facial steam, which I do once or twice a week. My skin always glows afterwards, and the scent of lavender is so refreshing and calming. Highly recommended.

Other good oils for skin: Rosemary, Rose, chamomile

Clary sage, peppermint, ylang ylang, clove, (used sparingly in facial steam; too much is not good).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No