Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

This is my favorite foundation. I sometimes get blemishes and this covers them up perfectly. My skin is sensitive and I did not break out from this. The color fits fright to my skin and feels like I have nothing on! I love the packaging, the pump is so sanitary. Overall, this is an amazing product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only foundation I will use, I can't live without it! I have very sensitive & oily skin, prone to breakouts. I have used this foundation for about 4 years & receive a lot of compliments. I do not find it 'gel like', nor does it change colour on my skin throughout the day. I do not cake it on, I just use it where I need coverage & find it very natural looking. It is expensive, but I only need one pump per application, so it lasts me about 6 months. I apply it with my fingers once I have warmed it up on the back of my hand.It is worth it. It washes off easily and doesn't clog up my skin. I have tried mineral make ups and other brands but they all irritate and cause break outs. Give it a go!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So, so sad. The color and consistency were perfect for my prevously oily, but more combo skin. However, I am extremely clog prone and this really messed me up. Darn. DARN! I tried it for about a month, broke out, then stopped for around 6weeks to heal. Then, like an idiot, I tried it again. Another month and I have some serious blackheads on my cheeks and along the sides of my face. This is the only thing new for me, so it can't be anything else. So, I guess I'm still looking.

Im not sure if It is completely my HG. Perfect match for colour its like my second skin (im wearing SUNNY BEIGE) nc30 in mac. but feels like it doesnt Control my oily skin and not give me a matte finish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation for several reasons.
COLOR:
I bought the lightest shade porcelain ivory. It's light enough but it's also quite yellow-based whereas my skin tends to be neutral to slightly pink. It works well when my skin is irritated and has red patches but I have to be very careful to use minimal amounts because otherwise it looks ridiculous (I still don't get Bobbi Brown's yellow for all hype..why would I want to look yellow?!)
COVERAGE:
The coverage is actually pretty good, I was surprised that people complain about it. I apply less than one pump with a foundation brush and that works fine. If I apply more or try to layer it has a tendency to become cakey and just looks very yellow.
TEXTURE:
Now this is the real problem for me. As most oily-skinned gals out there I have some large pores and this stuff does nothing to soften or hide them. Also it accentuates any small expression lines around your eyes (mind you, I'm 22 years old. I don't have wrinkles!). If you have any dry patches or blemishes it'll accentuate them besides covering the redness well. I've tried about every application method there is (sponge, stippling, foundation brush, fingers...) and it doesn't solve the problem. Moisturizers and sunscreens don't help either. Don't even try to mix this with your moisturizer, it doesn't help.
CONCLUSION:
This foundation is not for me. Some days it looks perfect and it certainly feels light enough but I can't deal with its texture on the long run. I need a foundation that performs well every day no matter in what shape my skin is. I now use this for going out to cancel out any alcohol-induced redness but there certainly are better foundations out there for my skin type and problems.

I'm not a fan of this foundation, it just didn't seem to do anything for me or my skin. It seemed very light coverage (and not very buildable) and nowhere near as goods as GA's UV lasting silk. I wasn't impressed!

I registered on this site because after using it for months I finally found this foundation and I def wanted to share :) . First off I have reently tried makeup forever matte velvet ,Mac and studio gear. First two broke me out completely . Studio gear was okay just got too oily. A sephora associate recommended Laura's makeup for my sensitive mid day oily skin. Ps if u are looking to get personalized attention with makeup go to a department store . Sephora just color matched me , Nordstrom actually make up my whole face three times in looking for my perfect look, plus an actual artist from Laura Mercier was the one doing my makeup. Mug more professional and attentive , not pushy and well guided me to my perfect foundation.
I wore if for the day did not get oily at all! Plus it looked so natural my boyfriend even uttered the words flawless when he saw my makeup! After one day of applying the foundation my face looked healthy and all the small bumps from makeup forevers foundation ,,, gone!! Wow! Btw I did recieve Laura's oil free foundation primer and this adds to the perfect look .. Def will purchase to wear together. Also I used my fingers and the make up still looked perfect. If u are looking for a makeup that looks great and does good for ur skin spen the extra money .. Ull be much happier :). Oh and I apologize for any typos my phone would not let me edit properly :p

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This foundation works really well for me. You do need to use a wet sponge to apply but aside from that, it's really easy to use.
It's also the type of foundation where you can increase or decrease the amount of coverage you need.
It does not make me break out and it gives off a very natural effect.

I actually like this foundation. Its great on my combination skin and seems like it's concentrated. Gives good, long-lasting coverage. I would buy it again.

EDIT: Definitely spoke too soon.

With my Napoleon Perdis pore minimiser mattifier this foundation is everything I've covered below. However, I ran out at the start of last week and that's when it all went pear-shaped.

Without the mattifier this is not matte at all, but rather has a dewy finish which is not good for my oily complexion. Coverage is very underwhelming - I feel like I need to use a lot more powder to get the medium coverage I'm after. It also doesn't seem very buildable - my face just feels oily and dirty the more I put on. The colour isn't as good as I initially thought either - it is quite ash and washes me out really badly.

I'm so disappointed, especially for an $80 foundation. Big let down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought this last week after my napoleon china doll fiiiiinally ran out (I love np foundations but the colours are far too yellow based for me).

Firstly, I think AUD$80 is ridiculous, especially for the standard 30ml. And I don't like the glass bottle for the simple fact that I know I'm going to be throwing away product when I can't get any more out of the pump. I much prefer plastic tubes that I can cut open to get my money's worth (yes, I'm that cheap).

I do really like this though, mostly for two reasons. This is the closest colour match I've ever found (blush ivory); it is probably a little on the dark side but the lighter shade would have washed me out way too much. Secondly, I haven't had any break outs yet!! I've only had it a week though, so hopefully I'm not speaking too soon. I have huge issues with foundations breaking me out (MAC Studio fluid was the worst!!!) so finding something in a medium, buildable and oil-free coverage in a good colour is a big deal for me.

Longevity is pretty standard; with a bit of maintenance (blot twice a day and sometimes a re-touch with powder) and it holds up all day. It's really nice to apply too, very smooth and easy to blend as it doesn't seem to 'set' as quickly as other oil-free foundations. I also love that I don't have to scrub my face at the end of the day to get it off, which means I'm not agrivating my skin.

Overall I'm very pleased with this foundation. If it continues to perform the way it has I will definitely repurchase. However, as nice as the ladies at the dj's (queens plaza) counter were I will be sourcing it online.