December 20, 2014 | 1669 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Angie59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best foundation in the market!!!!! If you have less than average skin (like me) that needs good coverage but with no fake mask look or rubbing off...this is for you...It also gives a goergeous glow, makes you look healthy + SPF 25...what more can yu ask for...my skin is very sensitive & acne prone, this never breakes me out, just beautiful product in a beautiful gold glass bottle that last all day & for $60 Canadian bucks..Guelrain made in france...compared to Teint Idole from Lancome costs $50 no SPF, much less coverage, much much less staying power (the parure extreme is waterproof) & made in the US..NO Thanks.....Parure Extreme is a bargain....lasts for over a year even if used everyday..you need 1 pump for the whole face.....Its a miracle foundation....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First, I have to say that the bottle really looks classy yet it is very heavy. I mix shade 03 and 31 together to get my shade and i apply it by dabbing onto my entire face which is rather time consuming but this prevents a cakey look if i were to rub and blend it into my skin. At first, i was disappointed at how matte this is, yet after trying it a few time, i can see the sheen and the glow to the face. Its coverage is medium to full i would say. it covers my acne scars but it does accentuates pores a little. A big put off is that it breaks me out along the jawline and turns greyish after oxidation although i did set it with a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by wmbinnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Saw a few reviews of this online so I decided to go take the plunge. Went to Bloomingdale's with a foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly, showed it to the SA and she suggested a tone that came close, so I bought it. Got it home, used it as I would any other foundation and I looked jaundiced from the color. The pink-toned one was too pink and this one was too yellow. The next shade up would have been too orange,. I took the foundation back. I also noticed it seems to accentuate facial flaws (enlarged pores and creases). Overall I thought the consistency was ok but something about the pigmentation causes this. I was not impressed with this product at all due to the color limitations, the price and the coverage and have decided to use mineral powder foundation, which works better for a natural look. I think this product makes one look as though they are wearing a badly matched mask. I got better color results from some drug store products. I also noticed the reviews and possibly due to my age group, this product is not favorable to mature skin. Definitely does not look natural at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i am one of those people who can't access the department store easily so i shop online including makeup. i recently ran out of foundation except some bottles i am not happy about. i have been on a foundation hunting so i got eight all at the same time LoL..sometimes i am crazy like that, i am just so insecure...so i brought 4 of the Guerlain foundation i could find,extreme/white/gold/aqua. i haven't used them on my face yet but i love the way they feel on my hand. light weight and easy to blend with no exception. i also had a tough time finding the shade, considering i cant match the shade with my face in person. for reference, i am NC 15 to NC20, closer to 20. i would consider myself as fairly light but i am not pale. i got the shade 01 beige pale. i checked out the Sephora website but the lightest shade they carry is beige clair02. for Guerlain foundation, beige pale01 is lighter than beige clair02 while 02 tends to appear more orange throughout the time so it will look oxidized on. beige pale is quite neutral, not too pink not too yellow, nice shade for NC15 to NC20 or even NW15ish i believe. however, if you are lighter than that, say,NC10..then you will have to look for #31 which is the palest shade available. if you are more yellow than neutral, #32 will do for light skin. except for these shade, others are all quite rosy and tend to run darker. so if you are fair, definitely look for beige pale(neutral and light) beige clair (medium already!) and #31(the lightest) and #32. i got 01 basically because i had terrible experience with a powder foundation i got in 02. it made me face look orange and muddy. i purchase chanel pro lumiere in 20 clair. 01 in guerlain is very similar to it, as a reference.
i will do updates after i experiment with them more.
edit:i just owe this fabulous foundation an update. HG status!definitely. i heve been using this for one two months on and off as it is quite expensive. then i ran out to buy a backup!i have notice several amazing qualities of this foundation i have to anounce its HG status.

1, its texture is not thick at all, kinda of liquidy,heavenly made for dry skin, or any skin with blotches and dry spots, or flaky skin. it does not cling to any of those!
2 blends like a dream, really!it is liquidy so it can go really far,but somehow the pigements are very dense that it provides medium to full coverage!
3, after removing the makeup, my face look radiant! like it has been through a facial treatment or sth amazing.this foundation is def very nourishing! funny enough that one time i had a a big pimple coming out on my chin,i put this foundation on, for 10 hours, when i removed it, the pimple was gone!no kidding.
.4 this foundation is very very long wearing.maybe not as solid as revlon color stay but RCS is very harsh for my thin skin. it can hold up as much as 12 hours without looking settled or flaky.absolutely the best finish from the moment i put it on till the moment i take it off.after 8hours, it gives my skin a very desirable luminous glow. love it.i wore it to KTV at 9pm and i came back home in the morning 7am, my face is fresh and put-together!how incredible is that?
i would recommend it for all skin types, it is just idiot proof. it is blendable and liquidy works really nice for my dry flaky skin, and the medium to full coverage makes it worth the money(why would i spend 60 dollars on a tinted product?)and the staying power would work for oiler skin too. love it love it~this is the only foundation i wear when my face is getting sensitive. it just calms my skin down. dont know what they put in guerlain foundations, but i notice the calming and nourishing quality in all their foundations, including powders!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by lala08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG foundation!!! This is it for me so far. I have combination skin and this works wonders! no caking at all and it gives you that fresh look for hours. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I'm on my 3rd bottle! I hope they don't discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by alicilera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is by far, my HG LF! Finally I have found it! I want something that i can wear in SG's hot humid weather. Something more natural.. glowy. This will not hide major imperfections, but really smoothens out complexion! Imparts a glow when used with the Guerlain loose powder les voilettes in 001 translucent. NC20, using shade 032~
Soo natural, does not make me look too white/yellow/oxidize. I carry Guerlain travel touch during the day to touch up around the afternoon. LOVE GUERLAIN <3 Very classy packaging, though heavy for travel-sake

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is quite good on hot summer days and for high humidity climates but it's not suitable for year round wear unless you have really oily skin. My skin is normal in summer and get get quite dry in winter and this foundation works well when it's hot as it is mattifying and offers medium to full coverage but overall I would not repurchase as it is too drying on my skin and settles into fine lines and looks too heavy as I personally perfer sheerer to medium coverage, it's worth a try though as long as your skin is not dry. I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate, however Parure Gold did irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Since I am always on a quest for a great foundation, I stumbled across this. I got the #4, which people were saying the coor range for Extreme runs a little darker than the Parure Aqua, which is good as it is summer and I am tan right now.

This is as close to perfection as it comes in foundation for me. It covers really well and lasts all day for me. This blends seamlessly into my skin and just makes it look great. The #4 color was perfect for my summer skin tone. The texture is a little runnier than I expected as this says it is a long wearing matte foundation I was expecting it to be thicker.

But regardless of the texture, once buffed into my skin, this looks great. I look like I have nice skin, not full of makeup. I love it. This is close to HG for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm one of the exceptions for this foundation. I didn't like it at all. First of all, the lady put me in a shade that turned pink and said it looked perfect so I bought it. That was my first mistake because at 58 and having sold high-end cosmetics, I know what looks good on me. I get it home, use my Lauder Day Wear moisturizer (which I love), apply the foundation and go to work. All day my face felt sticky and looked too pink. Ugh! I thought maybe the Day Wear was too much moisture but I still didn't like the shade so I exchanged it for another shade, bought a lighter moisturizer and tried it again. It still felt sticky and the staying power was not there. I was so disappointed and I will take this one back, too. This stuff doesn't even come close to YSL's Teint Resist (which is what I should have bought in the first place).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About a year ago I've purchased parure extreme by Guerlain color 24. Weird stuff as far as I'm concerned. The texture is really watery which gave me the tendancy to apply more than necessary. Once applied it dried up to a matte finish. Unfortanetely it didn't give me the greatest coverage in the world and my skin got oily and shiny after a few hours. Another disadvantage is that t's very expensive indeed (at least to my standards) and the color was slightly too fair for my dark complexion. Maybe I will give it another try during the winter. The packaging is nice though, it comes in a nice gold colored bottle with a handy pump. But hey, I'm not really interested in the beauty of the bottle, it's what's inside the bottle that matters to me.
EDIT: I've tried this foundation again and applied it with a foundation brush. I must say that it was much better this time. Good coverage, not cakey, felt light on the skin, not too matte. I've definitely changed my mind. A foundation brush can make a lot of foundations work!